• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Architect

The Official "Stoops Doing Work" Thread

930 posts in this topic

He's yet to sign anyone, but he is already changing the culture, and getting guys to look at UK, some of whom have already signed at other places. He's definitely sending the message that UK will pursue the best in their targeted recruiting areas.

Timmons

Hatcher

Borden (Sting son)

Samples

And a couple of kids in OH that escape my memory right now.

He's also locked up and affirmed some commits that we have already.

So far so good, BBN!

I'd like to see more 4* recruits rather than a stable of 3 and 2 star recruits. I guess recruiting at UK isn't that easy

Kentucky is a tough job, I can't wait to see if he can put a good class together

He will put together a good class this year and a much better one next. I am excited!

I love that he's gone into Trinity and is working those guys. I love that he had ESPN 250 prospects here Saturday and took them to the basketball game. That kind of stuff never happened before...like ever.

This guy lanekiffin.gifing gets it.

How hard is he hitting junior colleges? figured he'd try to get some immediate help.

I always typically follow a random team after coaching change, I plan on watching Kentucky's happenings unfold and hope yall become successful in the SEC because A.) y'all are State's main stay East opponent and hope y'all beat them every year.

B.) I live in Vol country and love it when they are down hope y'all help keep them that way,

That Borden kid is a juco out of Kilgore TX. Fast TE, good blocker, good hands. He will do well in the Air Raid.

JUCO TE Steven Borden signed. Stoops' first commit. He should be a beast in the Air Raid.

Za'Darius Smith, who is a 4-star JUCO DE playing at East Mississippi Community College (right outside of Starkville) signed with UK today.

Good pickup by you guys. The guy had offers from FSU, Auburn, State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, among others. Kentucky made a big push after they hired his DL coach at EMCC to coach the same position at UK.

http://247sports.com...ius-Smith-18557

Yep. Many thought it was an MSU-TAMU battle with OM as an outside shot. Big pickup for the Cats.

Sweet! Hadn't seen that yet. Heaven knows we need help on the D line.

Finally a coach who understands the key to success is recruiting. Joker never hit the recruiting trail hard enough. Now Stoops and his connections should give us some ranked recruiting classes. :D

Im amazed he's targeted a couple of 5 star recruits. I doubt we have any chance in hell but i like that he's aiming high already.

If the staff can coach...they will win games, because they will get the players.

Nothing wrong with aiming for 5 stars.. We're the leader for 5 Star WR LaQuon Treadwell, and he's from Illinois .. Good shot at signing him just by relentlessly recruiting him

The Vandy fan thinkin it's tough to do well at UK?? It's even tougher at Vandy.....he forgets until the Joker era we'd been to 4 straight bowl games and quite a bit better football history than Vandy. A good coach and staff CAN win at UK if the admin will put the money behind him. We have pretty good facilities, a 70,000 seat stadium which until Joker we filled to over 102% capacity (8 straight yrs ranked top 25 attendance in the nation). So the can support is there and now we have what appears so far to be a very good coaching staff who 'get it' and the athletic administration finally getting it and appears ready to out the $$ behind the program.

The coordinators pay is in the top 5 in the SEC, Brown's $550,000 I believe is top 3 among OC's, the DC is making $500k. The school is fixing to put 150 million in facility upgrades, mostly to the stadium as we do have excellent indoor training facility with field. So this may be the birth of an all new UK Football program intent on winning, a definite change in the winds and fans are fired up right now, anxious for the season to start.....Football is being talked about as much as baskeyball right now......this is the most excited and fired up I've witnessed this fanbase in 30 yrs. There is hope and that's what has been missing, there is no reason UK can't have continued success, Brooks got it started, Joker about buried it, but Stoops is reviving it. Bout friggin time, UK football fans deserve it.

I'd like to see more 4* recruits rather than a stable of 3 and 2 star recruits. I guess recruiting at UK isn't that easy

Lots of really great 3* kids. Some 3* that have really hit it big:

Johnny Football

Zac Stacy

Jordan Matthews

Casey Hayward(2nd round pick)

Marcus Mariota(Oregon QB)

Chris Marve(was a 2* and ended up all SEC LB)

Randall Cobb

Just trust the coaches ability to scout and then their ability to develop. I'd say over half of ever sec roster is composed of 3* players and lower.

Nothing wrong with aiming for 5 stars.. We're the leader for 5 Star WR LaQuon Treadwell, and he's from Illinois .. Good shot at signing him just by relentlessly recruiting him

Bunch of people on rivals thinks he ends up at Oklahoma

I thought Ky only cared about basketball

The Vandy fan thinkin it's tough to do well at UK?? It's even tougher at Vandy.....he forgets until the Joker era we'd been to 4 straight bowl games and quite a bit better football history than Vandy. A good coach and staff CAN win at UK if the admin will put the money behind him. We have pretty good facilities, a 70,000 seat stadium which until Joker we filled to over 102% capacity (8 straight yrs ranked top 25 attendance in the nation). So the can support is there and now we have what appears so far to be a very good coaching staff who 'get it' and the athletic administration finally getting it and appears ready to out the $$ behind the program.

The coordinators pay is in the top 5 in the SEC, Brown's $550,000 I believe is top 3 among OC's, the DC is making $500k. The school is fixing to put 150 million in facility upgrades, mostly to the stadium as we do have excellent indoor training facility with field. So this may be the birth of an all new UK Football program intent on winning, a definite change in the winds and fans are fired up right now, anxious for the season to start.....Football is being talked about as much as baskeyball right now......this is the most excited and fired up I've witnessed this fanbase in 30 yrs. There is hope and that's what has been missing, there is no reason UK can't have continued success, Brooks got it started, Joker about buried it, but Stoops is reviving it. Bout friggin time, UK football fans deserve it.

Dream on

Lots of really great 3* kids. Some 3* that have really hit it big:

Johnny Football

Zac Stacy

Jordan Matthews

Casey Hayward(2nd round pick)

Marcus Mariota(Oregon QB)

Chris Marve(was a 2* and ended up all SEC LB)

Randall Cobb

Just trust the coaches ability to scout and then their ability to develop. I'd say over half of ever sec roster is composed of 3* players and lower.

You would be wrong.

RTR

Well damn said. This staff just gets it. I think all of my fellow Wildcats on here will agree....this time it feels different.

I thought Ky only cared about basketball

We care its just hard to get into it when your getting annihilated year after year.

Hogan, until the past two years y'all been our beatches for bout 60 years.......nobody thought Vandy cared about ANY sport other than chess. Pretty bad until Franklin got there, there were more visiting fans at y'alls stadium than actual Vandy fans. Hey I'm glad y'all are finally taking football serious and having some success, but to think there are more Vandy football fans than UK football fans, then I want some of what your smokin.

How many bowls has Vandy been to in it's entire football history? I'll take the liverty of answering that for you...5 bowls, winning only two, y'all have also only posted 5 winning seasons. We played in as many bowl games in the 2000's as y'all in your history. We have at least won an SEC championship, and tied for the 1950 national championship.

So, I'd say if anything folks would wonder if y'all cared anything at all about football. We at least have made some sort of effort by at least having respectable facilities and regardless of how bad our teams have been (aside from this past season the fans were speaking with their money for a coach change), our fans have always packed Commonwealth Stadium, there aren't many fan bases that would support a program like UK fans have at a so-called basketball school. If UK fields a winning team year in year out, you'll see fans as nuts about football as baskeyball. Even though UK would be considered a joke, we'll never be considered as big a joke as Vandy has been through the years. When has Vandy ever been top 25 in attendance or had College Game Day at their campus?? I like you Hogan, but you and I both know both programs have been perenial SEC whippin posts along with Mississippi St, y'all have just been the lowest on that post for pretty much 70yrs.

• jacobp
    • TheRealBrave
      And you keep mistaking me for some ardent Trump fan. Don't know how many times I have to tell you, I voted for Kasich and loved when Mitt Romney tore Trump apart   I am about as far from a protectionist as you will find
    • TheRealBrave
      LSU has this easily, Locke hasn't faced a defense anywhere near LSU's level yet. LSU 24 Mizzou 10
    • L.A.Hog
      Exactly, he tells you what you want to hear.With no plan to follow.... But he'll reveal it soon...afrer all, its only two months til election..he'll let us know pretty soon, I reckon, what his plan is.... but that wall is the plan, millions of dollars that will be pissed off before construction, then billions to build it and we pay for it.When I say we,i don't include trump because he don't pay taxes.He's a rich welfare baby.... screw that deadbeat bitch...
    • smokeyone
      Maybe it's been so long since we have seen a candidate with a clue we don't recognize them anymore.  Boarders, Standards (law), and Culture. The fundamental essence of a nation. As it stands the system has all but removed them from this dying once great nation. Nobody respects them anymore. No one want to acknowledge they matter. Hell Trump wasn't my first or second choice but he has the message we need to hear
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator