• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOOM

2009 Auburn vs 2013 Auburn

49 posts in this topic

In 2008;

5-7 Overall

110th ranked offense

Top 25 talent

In 2009, we had a complete overhaul of the offense with both a new scheme and a new QB, yet improved to 14th nationally. The defensive transition from Tuberville to Chizik, however, saw an immense decline from 15th to 74th. Still, despite our abysmal showing on defense, we landed an 8 win season in year one solely because of our potent offense.

In 2012;

3-9 Overall

110th ranked offense

Top 5 talent

Our roster is full of talent across the board, and that trend will continue with another strong recruiting class on NSD in Feb of '13. Our defense was ranked 65th nationally last year.

What will 2013 Auburn look like!? We will be worse than 65th defensively? Our defense was on the field, what, 75% of the time last year? Maybe 80? I think CEJ will certainly make some adjustments and teach our boys how to fuggin' TACKLE. Offensively, where do you see us landing? I'd say around 30th considering it's a new system, etc... although it could be much, much higher since all of our players were recruited exclusively to run his system. It'll be more fun to watch, that's for sure.

I honestly think Auburn will improve a lot, I mean it would be tough to be worse than they were this year. I always hated Auburn, but I'm learning not to hate them so much now.

2009 we had more experience in the offensive line and a HOSS RB (man I miss Ben Tate). We also had a QB, who despite having a dead arm knew the offense really well and didn't make dumb mistakes.

Going into 2013 we have several QBs who make dumb mistakes and 1 rb who never got the chance to be "the guy" in 2012 cause he would make 3-4 good runs and then they would pull him out for God knows whatever reason. The O line has a lot of growing to do.

I think the record could be pretty similar but I would not expect the drastic improvement we had from 08 to 09 on offense. I think it will be vastly improved over this season though.

Nobody has any idea what our QBs are capable of. One thing's for certain; KF will be much improved. I fully expect Wallace/Johnson to be the starter, but Gus has been recruiting KF since he was in 3rd grade. There will be some stiff competition at QB. Whoever it is, they're going to throw for 2k+ imo. Tre Mason will greatly excel in this system. 1,200 yards for him.

Also, watch out for Bray/Trovon/Blakely. Sucks we're losing Lutz, because TE is always a vital position in Gus' system, but I'd also keep an eye on Pulse. He could have a breakout season.

I honestly think Auburn will improve a lot, I mean it would be tough to be worse than they were this year. I always hated Auburn, but I'm learning not to hate them so much now.

Why?

Why?

Starting to hate Tennessee so much that there isn't enough hate to go around

Auburn will find a way to win 6-8 games next season. heres my prediction of all the games

Washington State W

Arkansas State W

Mississippi State W

@LSU L

Ole Miss L

Western Carolina W

@@Texas A&M L

Florida Atlantic W

@Arkansas W

@Tennessee W

Georgia L

Alabama L

7-5

Mississippi State, Arkansas, and Tennessee are all games Auburn can win or lose, these 3 games will decide if Auburn goes to a bowl game next season.

Auburn will find a way to win 6-8 games next season. heres my prediction of all the games

Washington State W

Arkansas State W

Mississippi State W

@LSU L

Ole Miss L

Western Carolina W

@@Texas A&M L

Florida Atlantic W

@Arkansas W

@Tennessee W

Georgia L

Alabama L

7-5

Mississippi State, Arkansas, and Tennessee are all games Auburn can win or lose, these 3 games will decide if Auburn goes to a bowl game next season.

Washington State W

Arkansas State W

Mississippi State W

@LSU L

Ole Miss L

Western Carolina W

@@Texas A&M L

Florida Atlantic W

@Arkansas W

@Tennessee W

Georgia L

Alabama L

7-5

LSU, Ole Miss, and Georgia are all games Auburn can win or lose, those 3 games might decide if Auburn goes to a good bowl game next season.

AU is right, krieg pushed it over the line when he said Lsu. That whole defense is coming back and only gonna be better.

LSU, Ole Miss, and Georgia are all games Auburn can win or lose, those 3 games might decide if Auburn goes to a good bowl game next season.

image1273eb4c79ff25bd.gif

Georgia is poised to have one of the best offenses in the country next year. Laughable statement.

image1273eb4c79ff25bd.gif

Georgia is poised to have one of the best offenses in the country next year. Laughable statement.

With what QB?

I see it being possible that Auburn bounced back winning 8 games, a good offense goes a long ways. The defense can't get much worse honestly.

Starting to hate Tennessee so much that there isn't enough hate to go around

You still aren't particularly important to us :)

With what QB?

I see it being possible that Auburn bounced back winning 8 games, a good offense goes a long ways. The defense can't get much worse honestly.

Aaron Murray or Hutson Mason. Either one is capable to lead UGA. With a more expierenced O-Line. Gurshall, and 2 WR's back from ACL injuries, the UGA offense will be much improved from last year.

With what QB?

I LOL'd

Aaron Murray or Hutson Mason. Either one is capable to lead UGA. With a more expierenced O-Line. Gurshall, and 2 WR's back from ACL injuries, the UGA offense will be much improved from last year.

I think he was referring to the fact that Murray shats himself in big games.

And on the very rare occasion that he doesn't, UGA still loses anyway.

I LOL'd

I think he was referring to the fact that Murray shats himself in big games.

And on the very rare occasion that he doesn't, UGA still loses anyway.

LOL @ you. Murray is 2-1 against the Aubs. But leave it to you to say something enormously stupid. BTW - Murray is also 2-1 against Florida. LOL. You gators are becoming a whole new level of retarded lately.

LOL @ you. Murray is 2-1 against the Aubs. But leave it to you to say something enormously stupid. BTW - Murray is also 2-1 against Florida. LOL. You gators are becoming a whole new level of retarded lately.

What does his record against Auburn and Florida have to do with anything?

What does his record against Auburn and Florida have to do with anything?

Why don't you try reading the thread before adding your idiotic commentary, jacko. It has everything to do with it. Better yet, just shutup.

Why don't you try reading the thread before adding your idiotic commentary, jacko. It has everything to do with it. Better yet, just shutup.

Dude, take your pills.

Aaron Murray in big games:

No.2 Alabama, L, played well

No.2 Florida, W, played terrible

No.6 South Carolina, L, played terrible

No.17 Michigan State, L, played well

No.1 LSU, L, played terrible

No.12 South Carolina, L, played well

No.5 Boise State, L, played OK

No.20 Auburn, W, played well

No.25 UCF, L, played poorly

No.2 Auburn, L, played OK

No.12 Arkansas, L, played well

No.24 South Carolina, L, played OK

Record: 2-10

/end discussion

You won't beat Arkansas in Fayetteville.

You have talent, but it's all on paper.

You won't beat Arkansas in Fayetteville.

You have talent, but it's all on paper.

That was my thought.

I don't know about the Arkansas game, but it's laughable to consider Auburn as the 3rd most talented team in the SEC.

Dude, take your pills.

Dude, take your enema. Oh wait, we already gave it to you, that's why you're such a bitter bitch.

Dude, take your enema. Oh wait, we already gave it to you, that's why you're such a bitter bitch.

You must be having a real bad day at work.

Ridiculous.

You must be having a real bad day at work.

Ridiculous.

Ridiculous is taking shots at a QB who has owned your ass and is the only QB since Peyton Manning to go over 3,000 yards three consecutive years. But I'd expect no less from you.