• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KnoxvilleDawg

Banks wins Thorpe

61 posts in this topic

But he isn't as good as Bo Wallace.......

Further proof that the Connerly is a joke and has been for a while now. At any rate, NATIONAL pundits obviously think that Banks is a solid DB, right?

Oh, and that's the final post I would like to see about that POS in oxford being brought into this thread. This is J Banks' night. Don't lets ruin it with talk of TSUN.

We have always known conerly was a joke.... At least since the year Norwood won it and Pat Willis came in 2nd or 3rd.

YES, Norwood was INCREDIBLE, but Patrick Willis was a monster and one of the best LBs I have ever seen!

It is just a complete joke that Wallace was even there, much less won the damn award. I'm going to joke about it all the time because it is so stupid it is comical to me.

I guess the Thorpe trophy is alright, but it's no Conerly :trollface:

Ill just see myself out...

Yall still whining about the Connerly? Get the lanekiffin.gif over it. That award don't mean s--t. Hell, JDawg could go to Crown Trophy in Flowood tomorrow and have an award more worth a crap than the Connerly.

But congrats to Banks. He may have gotten utterly destroyed by Moncrief but for 3 or 4 years the dude was as solid as they come and a great shut down corner. Damn good safety too. He'll be a starting safety in the NFL for years

The guy everyone loves, Nikkoe Whitley, is the reason Banks got "destroyed" by Moncreif. Doesn't matter how talented of a corner you are, you need safety help more often than not against guys like Moncreif. Banks is awesome. Whitley blows.

He won the Thorpe because the people who select the winner actually know what the lanekiffin.gif they're talking about unlike posters on here.

He didn't get destroyed by Moncrief or anyone else all year. The s--tty scheme our DC put out there was too much for him to overcome. Rarely was he ever allowed to play man-up on any WR and when he did, he won most of the time.

Also, as has been mentioned, Whitley provided absolutely no help over the top.

He's lanekiffin.gifing overrated, huh?

THE CONERLY IS A lanekiffin.gifING RIGGED JOKE. lanekiffin.gifING HATERS.

Seriously. Especially 1dawg get the :lanekiffin: over the Conerly trophy. Banks got his due tonight and will get more of his due on draft day. Great player

To quote you: "Hasn't ever occurred to ya'll he's just slightly overrated?"

Tried telling all you lanekiffin.gifers it was our safety play that was abysmal and not Banks.

To quote you: "Hasn't ever occurred to ya'll he's just slightly overrated?"

Tried telling all you :lanekiffin:ers it was our safety play that was abysmal and not Banks.

You're wasting your time. The Bammers will be in here soon telling us how they abused him. Not noticing that the safety was responsible for the man on both TDs that appeared to be on him.

Well whenever I watched him sometimes in y'all's second half skid he didn't look exactly elite or anything but I have football sense I know y'all's scheme wasn't the best and last year I believe he was allowed to play more man right? And he's as good as it gets in man coverage. Anyone who pays attention knows the right defensive coach in the league will most likely do wonders with him

He was at his best (I believe) his Sophomore and Junior years. He was on an island a lot his second season and he faired pretty well. We played a lot more zone his last two years but he still did as well as anyone could ask.

Yall still whining about the Connerly? Get the :lanekiffin: over it. That award don't mean s--t. Hell, JDawg could go to Crown Trophy in Flowood tomorrow and have an award more worth a crap than the Connerly.

But congrats to Banks. He may have gotten utterly destroyed by Moncrief but for 3 or 4 years the dude was as solid as they come and a great shut down corner. Damn good safety too. He'll be a starting safety in the NFL for years

It shall be called the Danny's Committed to Excellence Award.

Congrats, JBanks.

Serious question, when's the last time a Mississippian won a national post-season award?

Congratulations to Mr. Banks.

May he have a long and prosperous NFL career.

Congrats, JBanks.

Serious question, when's the last time a Mississippian won a national post-season award?

I feel like Michael Oher won something.

What about native born Mississippian?

an oscar???? :trollface:

Congrats banks, real good corner and I hope you have a long and prosperous NFL career

Seriously. Especially 1dawg get the :lanekiffin: over the Conerly trophy. Banks got his due tonight and will get more of his due on draft day. Great player

You should probably do some research before just posting stupid crap. This is probably the first maybe second time I've mentioned the Connerly in any real depth other than to say that if anyone at OM deserved it, it was Moncrief.

• Titans4Vols
      Arkansas is only favored by 1 point more(35) over Alcorn State than Alabama is over Kentucky...that is insane.
    • cocky4ever
      Most people here probably think I love Trump but actually I just think he is the only chance we have to get someone in the office who will steer us off of this unsustainable path. Hillary has supported most attacks on the middle class. She loves NAFTA and supported the TPP. And as Trump pointed out(which I'm amazed hasn't gotten more attention) the only thing that seems good about the past 8 years is actually just an illusion. Once the fed stops unjustifiably propping up the stock market we'll be right back where we started when Obama walked into office, only with a s--t ton more debt. And Hillary wants to carry out the same types of policies. So we have someone who supports horrible policies, is incredibly corrupt, and will assuredly s--t all over the constitution with her Supreme Court nominations.    Trump may may or may not do much better, but he almost certainly couldn't do worse. 
    • jacobp
      As is the Razorback Foundation.   there are more than two, but not money. Any funds directed toward the big three sports from the university are always sent back at the end of the year, usually with an extra $2-3 million attached   
    • TheRealBrave
      UGA has 0 talent at OL. True freshman QB. Possession WR's that cannot catch. Kickers cannot make middle-school level kicks. Half of our secondary are better at being matadors than corners
    • bobbyb0322
      No. Gary Johnson is a pretty successful business man in his own right. I mean, he didn't have daddy's millions to build his business from so he didn't get quite to that level that Trump did having everything given to him.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    3. 3
      razorhead
      razorhead
    4. 4
      JoeGator