• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MizzouMark

Volquest speculating Chaney to Mizzou

23 posts in this topic

http://missouri.riva...sid=898&style=2

Mizzou Rivals (PowerMizzou) has been talking to Volquest a lot the past few days and it's all speculation right now but they believe Chaney is heavily interested in taking his talents back to his home state of Missouri to take over as the Tigers OC. Nothing confirmed just a lot of smoke right now.

Edit: Above is what our Editor had to say about his talk with Volquest.

If this happens I will be really happy.

You and me both, apparently a lot of candidates out there for OC, looks like the HC position was the one you didn't want to have open this year.

You and me both, apparently a lot of candidates out there for OC, looks like the HC position was the one you didn't want to have open this year.

Like I have said I want to see some change and an outside hire. I don't want someone that will jsut run the same offense that Yost ran. I would be fine with Hill if he makes in game adjustments and adjusts to the personnel. I would also want to see some variations in run plays. We only have like 4 types of running plays and it is pretty obvious as to what we are going to do.

Like I have said I want to see some change and an outside hire. I don't want someone that will jsut run the same offense that Yost ran. I would be fine with Hill if he makes in game adjustments and adjusts to the personnel. I would also want to see some variations in run plays. We only have like 4 types of running plays and it is pretty obvious as to what we are going to do.

But... but... The Jet Sweep and QB read option are so amazing..

They are good if it is an occasional thing mixed in with many different types of runs. It is not good when they are the only runs that we do.

They are good if it is an occasional thing mixed in with many different types of runs. It is not good when they are the only runs that we do.

Maybe I should have included a troll face in that post lol it was meant to be heavily sarcastic.

Maybe I should have included a troll face in that post lol it was meant to be heavily sarcastic.

I knew that it was sarcastic, I was just saying.

Which quarterback would Chaney want to use if he comes in? UT ran more of a pro style offense, Franklin could do it, but I see it coming down to Berk and Mauk before the season is over...

Mostly I'm just excited for a change. Well, a change with positive results...

Which quarterback would Chaney want to use if he comes in? UT ran more of a pro style offense, Franklin could do it, but I see it coming down to Berk and Mauk before the season is over...

Mostly I'm just excited for a change. Well, a change with positive results...

I don't care who the QB is as long as it is a fiar qb battle. I don't want it to be Franklin's job to lose.

I don't care who the QB is as long as it is a fiar qb battle. I don't want it to be Franklin's job to lose.

Concur, to a point. He should go into camp as the number one, just out of respect for the beating he's taken for this team. Then its fair game.

Concur, to a point. He should go into camp as the number one, just out of respect for the beating he's taken for this team. Then its fair game.

I am okay with him going in as the number one as long as it is more or less just a title. I don't want to see him given the job which I can see Pinkel doing. I want Franklin to be challenged and feel pressure.

I am okay with him going in as the number one as long as it is more or less just a title. I don't want to see him given the job which I can see Pinkel doing. I want Franklin to be challenged and feel pressure.

Definitely

Which quarterback would Chaney want to use if he comes in?

I'm thinking Mauk would be the one most to his liking or a healthy motivated Franklin. Mauk is probably the one with the most raw talent.

How do you guys feel about passing for 40 yard bombs on 3rd and 1?

We line up in the shotgun the goal line now, so I'm ok with it I suppose...

Sounds good, DGB will be able to win a 1 on 1 all day.

Better than passing on first second and third down... 3 yards from the end zone against a Big East Defense.

Better than passing on first second and third down... 3 yards from the end zone against a Big East Defense.

I missed that game and I couldn't be happier about it.

Ouch. I'd give you that if I didn't think Chaney would do it as well.

LOL, that's one of Chaney's favorites. Enjoy having a s--tty running game and throwing downfield every other down. Hope you guys can recruit some better linemen, though.

LOL, that's one of Chaney's favorites. Enjoy having a s--tty running game and throwing downfield every other down. Hope you guys can recruit some better linemen, though.

More like keep our starting linemen healthy, but you guys did have the second highest offensive production, your defense was just bend and then bend some more though.

More like keep our starting linemen healthy, but you guys did have the second highest offensive production, your defense was just bend and then bend some more though.

Our offense was having the best passing game in the nation, and the best this school has ever seen. Jim Chaney also called plays last year when we scored 7 on Kentucky and ran for negative yards more often than not. He needs a big armed QB with playmakers on the outside, or else it all falls to pieces. Watch our game tape from South Carolina or UK last year and tell me he's as good as even Mike Bobo.

• cocky4ever
      Agreed. Even knowing how it played out it's still interesting to read an article that sums it up so well. We see programs fall hard in short time frames all the time(though ours' is probably a pretty extreme example), and most people from the outside of the programs wonder how it happens so fast. Truth be told these are almost always "perfect storm brewing" scenarios that outsiders don't see until the tornado touches down.
    • PuddingTime
      I agree.  I don't trust him to represent us at all.  He's more worried about seeing if he actually can do it. He kept promoting his investments and properties.   Middle class America doesn't care.  Meanwhile Hillary is too busy trying to con the minority vote and bleeding heart liberals into voting for her.   Who the hell is actually paying attention the middle class white America?
    • Possum'sSister
      My heart hurts today. My own fault
    • GoldenRebel
      Which is what we must get back to. States handle social issues. Fed handles trade, fiscal issues, and diplomacy. Unfortunately the fed has failed at those the last 3 decades. We've killed our economy through bad trade deals, high taxes/bad tax code, and war. 
    • bbqit
      Orgeron did a good job at uscw
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    3. 3
      razorhead
      razorhead