• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Booger

OFFICIAL: Gus Malzahn Hired as Auburn's New Head Coach

71 posts in this topic

Questionable......especially with Petrino out there...but what the hell...

Freeze v. Malzahn is gonna be fun to watch.

On a side note...for next year's Arkansas State seniors, they will have gone through four head coaches in four years.

I'm really disappointed. I was enjoying stAte this year, and this is 2 years in a row now that their 1st year coach had a successful season and left. What happened to making them the Boise State of the south Gus? You frickin maggot. I hope stAte give BMFP his second chance, but then of course he'd leave after a year too.

On a happier note....Troopers stayin' :)

My completely uninformed conjecture -

Kirby told Auburn that he wanted complete control, to bring in his people, his own staff, and Auburn said no.

I'm really disappointed. I was enjoying stAte this year, and this is 2 years in a row now that their 1st year coach had a successful season and left. What happened to making them the Boise State of the south Gus? You frickin maggot. I hope stAte give BMFP his second chance, but then of course he'd leave after a year too.

Come on man, you know coaches are not exactly the most forthcoming of people.

That's why if Franklin leaves in a year, or stays in a year, it won't surprise me. Nothing surprises me anymore.

On a happier note....Troopers stayin' :)

Better stock up on backwards hats and wavin towels

Solid Hire. Won't take him long to get that program and talent back on track and steaming.

My completely uninformed conjecture -

Kirby told Auburn that he wanted complete control, to bring in his people, his own staff, and Auburn said no.

Close but not quite... We were willing to give him control and his own staff, but... One guy screwed things up.

Auburn will be a proving ground for Malzahn. If he proves to be good enough to beat Saban and win the SEC, then he can come home.

Great hire Auburn. His stock has been rising ever since he left Fayettevile at an exponential rate. He's young as hell and will get better and better.

Too bad our selfish boosters with ego issues can't see it and hire someone with an unlimited ceiling that would crawl over the Sahara to get here.

i just cant wait for the interviews with the wife. the last one was classic.

This means we get to keep Jeremy Johnson.

He's 6'6", fast and has a cannon.

He also has a frame to put on 30 more lbs. So be prepared for MANY Cam comparisons.

step off the ledge barn fans.......malzahn and his shortcomings are still better than chizik.

• smokeyone
      Empire. He is in multiple genres of making money. He has reached the point were he can lease his name to project and make it a solid investment. He isn't just a real estate mogul.    And do I think he cares about me? No. Nor should he. Our republic isn't about what the government can do for me or you. Remember JFKs ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country speech? I do. Too many people want the government to take care of them and make everything equal. Well life isn't like that. We have a disparate level effort being put in and should rightly expect disparity in results. Those that want the false equality of the race to the bottom should look to state and local handouts and leave the federal government out of it. 
    • cocky4ever
      Trump also hasn't left a state or campaign in horrible debt....so there's that.
    • Sean
      While investing his money may be a myth, he still underperformed the markets/ his peers by vast margins. Here's a little something from Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2016/03/03/has-donald-trump-underperformed-in-the-real-estate-business/#40d464085506
    • Sean
      Multiply it into an empire? That's exaggerating a bit. He grossly under-performed the market over the course of his businesses, left a wake of unpaid workers, lawsuits, and bankruptcies behind him, and still claims to be a "winner" and the best at everything. There's people with a lot more money that him that didn't leave that kind of middle class destruction behind. Call me crazy, but I don't see someone who's lived his entire life in the 1% and is so out of touch with the way people not as fortunate as him lives is suddenly going to be a champion of the middle class. He's lived his entire life in the upper class, s**tting on his middle class workers. What makes YOU think that he's suddenly going to care about you? Trump's run for presidency is all about him and his ego. That's all he talked about on Monday. I didn't hear enough "we" or "America" except when he said he wanted to make it great again. It was all "I have endorsements from.." or "I have property there.." or "I wanted to say something bad about Hillary but didn't and she's a big meany weeny and I think her campaign commercials are mean". There's nothing of substance in almost ANYTHING he says. It's all just babbling about himself and how he's going to fix America without actually giving a plan as to HOW. 
    • TheRealBrave
      I will say 400 yards total for Dobbs
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    3. 3
      razorhead
      razorhead