• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAMECOCK_FAN

Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska

Nebraska vs. Georgia   28 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

352 posts in this topic

Here's your official game thread for discussion and predictions on the Capital One Bowl in Orlando, FL, between Nebraska and Georgia.

UGA will murder Bo Pellini"s outclassed group. The Dawgs have the speed, balance, and depth to rule this one big time.

Think the biggest challenge for us in this game will be getting up for it after the let-down of not playing in Miami. That said, Nebraska has some offensive firepower, but clearly they're awful defensively and especially against the run. We'll be able to control the clock and run it all over them, while limiting their possession time.

Georgia: 41

Nebraska: 21

If Georgia can get over the loss to Bama and play with the same intencity they will kill Nebraska, ether way they win.

Nebraska's RB, Imani Cross, is from GA. We graduated from the same high school.

Really have a hard time caring about this game...still incredibly bummed out...

That said hopefully UGA takes their frustration of not making it to the show out on the Huskers and end this 2 year bowl losing streak.

Still think Georgia rolls

At least Nebraska is a big name, unlike the garbage in the BCS bowls (except the NCG)

Look on the bright side - #17 Nebraska is a better draw than the opponent we would have gotten in the Sugar Bowl or either team in the Orange Bowl. Nebraska should have been playing in the Rose Bowl if not for the epic fail that was their championship game.

Blackshirts can't stop anybody. Nebraska wouldn't even be a bowl team if still in the Big 12. Gurley and Murray should have big days. Taylor Martinez will throw a couple of horrible INT's to help the Dawgs.

Georgia 31

Nebraska 16

Another game where the best outcome is a stadium collapse.

Georgia: 38

Nebraska: 24

UGA wins big but risk of let down game from the SECCG

A letdown factor is a potential. But I think the boys want to continue to build on about as much national respect as you can draw from a loss. And also, having a month to get over the loss will help.

This will be prison rape... I will enjoy every second of watching Nebraska get it's teeth get kicked in and it will be glorious... there is literally not one team in college football that I hate more than Nebraska. I hope Georgia runs up the score.

How do you hate Nebraska? They're the nicest fans I have ever met.

Fun fact: Mark Richt is originally from Omaha. He grew up a Huskers fan. Has family that still lives in Nebraska and are big Huskers fans, but big Dawg fans too. He say they call themselves the "Corn Dawgs."

Now tell me that ain't some funny s--t.

So if a Nebraska fan and a Georgia fan have a baby, it comes out an LSU fan?

If 7-5 Wisky could put up 70 on this sorry NU group, UGA could legitimately put up an even bigger bona fide basketball score on them.

This one's a laugher... UGA by at least 4 TD's, 48-20.

This is cool, I can actually apply what I'm studying for a final to bowl predictions.

Changes in status result from changes in testosterone (T).

T levels rise before a big competition, and the winners will continue to show a rise for up to two hours.

The losers' T, however, tends to drop.

Increased T will encourage and prepare the winners for future competition; decreased T may temporarily discourage them from future competition.

I realize strength of opponent and whatnot may play a role, but let's take a look back at 2010. Not a pretty year for Georgia. They lost to UCF in the Liberty Bowl which gave them a season record below .500

Georgia's losses included rivals South Carolina, Florida, and Auburn - a major blow to pride. Although they defeated GT, it was by one score (and worth noting that GT was driving to score at the end of the game until UGA intercepted). Needless to say, jimmies were rustled.

Meanwhile, their opponent for the bowl, UCF, had a three game win streak entering the bowl game, including the C-USA championship, their first conference title. UCF was riding on a lot of energy into the game.

Then next year, UGA improved, only losing to rival USCe, and made it to the SEC title. Where LSU crushed them. They lost to Michigan State in the bowl game that year as well, although in a closer game in OT.

Michigan State went to the Big 10 title game with a 4-game winning streak in their pocket, only to lose... but by three points. They were down, but probably not as much as Georgia.

This year, Georgia was riding a win streak into the SECCG. They lost, but in a very good and close game. Nebraska, meanwhile, was killed in the Big Ten title game ala Orange-Bowl-2011-Clemson.

Both teams lost, but Nebraska is feeling way more pain than UGA. The Bulldogs should be fine.

• Booger
      Looks like someone popped him in the snout a few times
    • Stefanozz
      First of all good game ARK fans.  Every year this game drives me crazy.  This years Stupid for us: 1. Kirk muffing a punt first thing handing ARK 7.  He also uncharacteristically dropped a few passes. 2. A combination of bad play calling and QB inadequacy for 3 quarters.   3. Our secondary was bad bad bad.  ARK should have throw the ball to #4 over and over and over, you guys would have had 60 points.  Harvey (#1) was having a horrible game covering him. The great stuff was the goal line stands by our D, and the ability for our defense to come out after that 10 minute drive and still not break.  I truly though we were done after that long drive.(even though we held at the goal line.)  I figured our defense would be like butter the rest of the night but they came out and finished the game.. 60 minutes  wow. 2014 Sugar Bowl Trevor Knight,  come out come out wherever you are?!?!?
    • bbqit
      Funny that the best uscw has done in a long time was under O
    • JoeGator
      Can you imagine if UF played a complete game?    
    • HFC Derek Mason
      Lsu is going to offer Petrino. Just have a feeling. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4
      RammaJamma