• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluelightstar

Mississippi State To Face Northwestern In TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl

22 posts in this topic

STARKVILLE, Miss. - Following an eight-win regular season, Mississippi State's football team has been invited to the TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl in Jacksonville. The Bulldogs will face Northwestern in the first-ever meeting between the two schools on the gridiron.

Click here for the original story.

NAH NAH NAH NAH BOO BOO STICK YOUR HEAD IN DOO DOO.

Strong push from the Vandy and OM faithful. Compass bowl.... yeah lanekiffin.gifing right.

Strong push from the Vandy and OM faithful. Compass bowl.... yeah :lanekiffin:ing right.

I must have missed some stuff, because I really dont understand what State fans are talking about concerning OM and the Gator Bowl. It was always going to be either the BBVA or Liberty. 6-6 teams dont go to Gator

I must have missed some stuff, because I really dont understand what State fans are talking about concerning OM and the Gator Bowl. It was always going to be either the BBVA or Liberty. 6-6 teams dont go to Gator

Naw, not OM... Vandy. Vandy fans had dreamt up that Gator would choose them, sending us to MCB. Then OM fans perpetuated the talking point that the MCB would take 6-6 OM over us because MCB would want them more. Thus, sending us to Birmingham. Heard this too many times the past week.... from Vandy, OM and state fans.

Naw, not OM... Vandy. Vandy fans had dreamt up that Gator would choose them, sending us to MCB. Then OM fans perpetuated the talking point that the MCB would take 6-6 OM over us because MCB would want them more. Thus, sending us to Birmingham. Heard this too many times the past week.... from Vandy, OM and state fans.

Well Vandy and OM are better but that doesn't mean s--t when it comes to bowls. Vandy cant travel well enough so they never had a shot

ya'll know damn well our resume is better. However, we could have went 9-3 and they still would have sent us 4 miles east of campus.

common now....i know you saw the stuff where vandy WAS going to go to the gator and ole miss WAS going to go to the music city bowl because they WOULD sell more tickets and had more money. not an exaggeration....that was said, but i might be confused on the location....it might have been on tiger droppings....but it might have been here as well.

the idea is moronic that a 6-6 team is selected before a 8-4 team regardless of where the idea originated especially considering the nearly identical size and travel history of the respective fanbases.

Yea sounds like a bunch of hot garbage. I didn't see it though, but I haven't exactly been on top of things in the last week

ya'll know damn well our resume is better. However, we could have went 9-3 and they still would have sent us 4 miles east of campus.

dude, your beef shouldnt be directed at us. we have the same plight as yall do....it just happens that we are a taller midget. most of us think it sucks for yall, but your beef is with the gator bowl selection committee, mike slive, an the other assholes pushing it. grow your fanbase then we can talk about inequality but its purely a business decision. if you were a neutral party that was the mayor of jacksonville, you would have made the exact same decision.

The butthurt from @@StallingsBaldSpot and @@Hoganknows should be legendary.

Nope we Vandy fans are fine with the MCB. We know we got screwed and are over it now! Only reason State is in Gator is because Vandy has already played NW this season. Good Luck State in your bowl game.

And to the Gator Bowl.......what goes around comes around...Screw You

Vandy will enjoy killing any ACC team we play....Vandy has longest winning streak in the SEC, 6 games

Oh and by the way Razor and Matt and SECats...Franklin signed a extension today ....turning down Arky and 5K and telling UT and Auburn , no thanks all last week.....so as Franklin said tonight.....he is at Vandy for a long long time. So kiss it Razor and Matt and SECats....go get your own team straighten out and enjoy watching Vandy kick Ass on Dec 31st

hey hogan....what are your thoughts on northwestern. looks like a fairly close game. from the box score, they looked like they ran a bit too much on yall and ground out a win.

Oh and by the way Razor and Matt and SECats...Franklin signed a extension today ....turning down Arky and 5K .

5K is a bunch of money.

State by at least two TD's in this game.

The secondary will be out for blood.

Only real question will be, as always, will the OT's show up?

5K is a bunch of money.

To Franklin...the Vandy program and what he is going to build is more important. He can make that at Vandy very easily. He made more than Dooley did this past season.

Like I've said many times....Franklin is our Gary Patterson...he ain't going nowhere...turns down Arky, UT and Auburn this season. He is just like our baseball coach....committed to Vandy and Nashville, a great city.

NW wins...they have more heart and better coach

i see nw as a gritty type of team that can certainly beat the msu team that showed up during the egg bowl. if we quit like that, nw will win. seeing that was disgusting. but....given the extra time, i think we get our heads right.

northwestern has lost 9 consecutive bowl games, and only won one in their history....which was in 1948. that said, they can be dangerous. that '09 outback bowl vs auburn, they should have won....and auburn was pretty dang good then. that was one hell of a game.

we sleep-walked through the mcb last year. my concern level for this bowl is a 5.5 of 10.

we sleep-walked through the mcb last year. my concern level for this bowl is a 5.5 of 10.

They aren't bad though man. They lost 3 games. One was in OT to Mich. One was by 1 point. They have ran the ball very effectively and passed efficiently. I still think you win, but it will be way more competitive than you're last two bowl games. They are much better than Wake and actually have a coach unlike Mich

They aren't bad though man. They lost 3 games. One was in OT to Mich. One was by 1 point. They have ran the ball very effectively and passed efficiently. I still think you win, but it will be way more competitive than you're last two bowl games. They are much better than Wake and actually have a coach unlike Mich

oh i agree......i thought 5.5 was pretty high. they can beat us easily....hell, im not convinced that if they play their best game and we play ours, we win. they might be an outright better team....so who knows.

Anybody predicting us to win this game hasn't watched us play since the Auburn game

the only thing i will say is since mullen has been here, Vegas has been fairly accurate. We win if we are favorites and we lose if we are underdogs. Thankfully this line opened us at 2.5 favorites. This is not me endorsing a victory, however... just passing along info.

• Titans4Vols
      Arkansas is only favored by 1 point more(35) over Alcorn State than Alabama is over Kentucky...that is insane.
    • cocky4ever
      Most people here probably think I love Trump but actually I just think he is the only chance we have to get someone in the office who will steer us off of this unsustainable path. Hillary has supported most attacks on the middle class. She loves NAFTA and supported the TPP. And as Trump pointed out(which I'm amazed hasn't gotten more attention) the only thing that seems good about the past 8 years is actually just an illusion. Once the fed stops unjustifiably propping up the stock market we'll be right back where we started when Obama walked into office, only with a s--t ton more debt. And Hillary wants to carry out the same types of policies. So we have someone who supports horrible policies, is incredibly corrupt, and will assuredly s--t all over the constitution with her Supreme Court nominations.    Trump may may or may not do much better, but he almost certainly couldn't do worse. 
    • jacobp
      As is the Razorback Foundation.   there are more than two, but not money. Any funds directed toward the big three sports from the university are always sent back at the end of the year, usually with an extra $2-3 million attached   
    • TheRealBrave
      UGA has 0 talent at OL. True freshman QB. Possession WR's that cannot catch. Kickers cannot make middle-school level kicks. Half of our secondary are better at being matadors than corners
    • bobbyb0322
      No. Gary Johnson is a pretty successful business man in his own right. I mean, he didn't have daddy's millions to build his business from so he didn't get quite to that level that Trump did having everything given to him.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    3. 3
      razorhead
      razorhead
    4. 4
      JoeGator