• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KneesInTheBreeze

Heisman for 2012

29 posts in this topic

Manti Te'o is getting so much hype because of the media love affair with an undefeated Notre Dame. In the SEC, Both Jadeveon Clowney and Jarvis Jones are probably better, IMO. And the Heisman?? No contest. It should go to Johnny Manziel.

Agree, Ta'o is getting way too much cred. I don't see any defensive player this year with good enough stats to win the Heisman. Jones and Murray asre still SOMEWHAT in the running (not really though), if either one of them were to have huge influences on Saturday they could potentially be invited but doubtful

Ever since Peyton Manning lost to Charles Woodson this award has been dead to me.

Ever since Peyton Manning lost to Charles Woodson this award has been dead to me.

do you have prepared responses for everything? Pretty sure you've said this before haha

Don't be surprised if you see @@WadeWilson as a finalist. He is already trying to make a case for himself.

6750225.jpg

Wow great campaign speech Wade.

HbL9OlTaH0eXwmQ0_8xpvw2.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, I run for every award/office possible. It's a joke when I am never nominated, I'm more qualified than most candidates for any random position.

Manti Te'o is getting so much hype because of the media love affair with an undefeated Notre Dame. In the SEC, Both Jadeveon Clowney and Jarvis Jones are probably better, IMO. And the Heisman?? No contest. It should go to Johnny Manziel.

It's all a popularity contest. Just like when Mark Ingram beat out the vastly superior Toby Gerhart just because the media wanted a bammer to win it.

You know, guys, it's possible for a great player to be outside of the SEC. Manti Te'o is the best defender in the country, bar none.

do you have prepared responses for everything? Pretty sure you've said this before haha

Not prepared....just convicted responses. ;)

One of the BEST college football players EVER!! Got ripped of the award by a guy that was a very good defensive player, but never mentioned as one of the greatest college football players ever. He had a great year, but Manning RAN THE SHOW.

He got JOBBED!

You know, guys, it's possible for a great player to be outside of the SEC. Manti Te'o is the best defender in the country, bar none.

Indeed....but does not have as big of an impact on a game as Manziel. Johnny Football was the best college football player in the country this season. Period.

Clowney has definitely outshined him against much stiffer competition.

Te'o is great, but he's the 3rd best defensive player in the country.

Manziel deserves it. I think him being a Freshman should actually be a plus considering what he did this season. If he doesn't win at this point, Ill never give s--t about the Heisman again because Te'o's stats aren't groundbreaking. Manziels are.

Manziel deserves it. I think him being a Freshman should actually be a plus considering what he did this season. If he doesn't win at this point, Ill never give s--t about the Heisman again because Te'o's stats aren't groundbreaking. Manziels are.

Prepare yourself...they are gunna do it to ya. The award is a damn joke.

Manti has a great story and is a great player, but best defender in the country is a stretch at best. If the Irish were not undefeated he wouldn't even be on the radar.

Wrong. Teo' isn't even the best player on his team. Nor on his defense, either. Tuitt is much better.

Jarvis Jones 44 solo tackles 27 assisted 19.5 TFL 10.5 sacks 1 int 2 PBU 6 FF

Jadaveon Clowney 37 solo 13 assisted 21.5 TFL 13 sacks 2 PBU 2 FF

Te'o 52 solo 51 assisted 5.5 TFL 1.5 sacks 7 int 4 PBU 0 FF

Just for fun

CJ Moseley 56 solo 36 assisted 6 TFL 4 sacks 2 int (1TD) 2 PBU 1 FF

It's all a popularity contest. Just like when Mark Ingram beat out the vastly superior Toby Gerhart just because the media wanted a bammer to win it.

Agree, Ta'o is getting way too much cred. I don't see any defensive player this year with good enough stats to win the Heisman. Jones and Murray asre still SOMEWHAT in the running (not really though), if either one of them were to have huge influences on Saturday they could potentially be invited but doubtful

Murray is never going to win a heisman.

hmmm...Jadeveon Clowney says, "Manti who?"

Their is a whole flock of great defenders who do more against better competition than Manti. Jadeveon Clowney, Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery, to name a few.

Manziel deserves it hands down. Only the 3rd player in NCAA history to throw for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in a season, and he did this with a team that was supposed to go 6-6 or 7-5, but he put the team on his back multiple times this season. If Suh nor Derrick Thomas won the Heisman with the gaudy numbers they put up, then there is no chance that Te'o should win it. He's a great player/person, but not the best player in the nation.