• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CCRider

Arkansas Offers Mike Bobo Head Coaching Position!

63 posts in this topic

As reported hereby the always 100% accurate, truthful, and disarmingly handsome boys over at

Sports and Grits. It is a long term deal that seems to favor Arkansas financially.

Hawg+Bobo.jpg

I be Big Piggin' throwin' screens....and I be Big Piggin' blowin' leads.

And CC Rider feels how about the possibility of losing "I has a crayon"? :D

this would only be true if mike bobo was the head coach at vandy and his name was james franklin

I'd say you're being pretty generous Zartan.

Well I do believe strongly in entitlements. I gave him 2 welfare points

Hadnt heard that. Pretty crazy tho. Not too worried about it.

lol

I know he's an easy target to make fun of....but all he does is consistently produce some of the top offenses in the SEC and all SEC QB's.

I know he's an easy target to make fun of....but all he does is consistently produce some of the top offenses in the SEC and all SEC QB's.

with the talent georgia consistently gets, it literally should take a john l smith type coach to not do that

Yep. I've always been in his corner for the most part. His consistency and ability to develop QBs is remarkable.

Yep. I've always been in his corner for the most part. His consistency and ability to develop QBs is remarkable.

His development of QBs is beyond reproach. However, that's the job of a QB coach. His primary duties are offensive preparation and execution. Both things he's terrible at.

His development of QBs is beyond reproach. However, that's the job of a QB coach. His primary duties are offensive preparation and execution. Both things he's terrible at.

Our offensive numbers during his tenure say differently.

Bobo is an enigma. He puts up fantastic numbers almost year season, but he has terrible games here and there. He'll go an entire game with awful play calling at least once a season. He'll shy away from something that works at random. For instance, we had like three toss sweep plays vs. South Carolina with Gurley and we gained like 6-10 yards each time and he didn't abuse it. He could have taken pressure off of Murray to open up the passing game if he did a few toss sweeps every drive that game. oh well.

Bobo is an enigma. He puts up fantastic numbers almost year season, but he has terrible games here and there. He'll go an entire game with awful play calling at least once a season. He'll shy away from something that works at random. For instance, we had like three toss sweep plays vs. South Carolina with Gurley and we gained like 6-10 yards each time and he didn't abuse it. He could have taken pressure off of Murray to open up the passing game if he did a few toss sweeps every drive that game. oh well.

^ my thoughts exactly.... him AND Richt are both mysteries wrapped in an enigma to me

Have ya'll heard the speculation of fsu offering Richt a HC job?

Have ya'll heard the speculation of fsu offering Richt a HC job?

Just about every year

1. IMO Arkansas royally screwed the pooch by not selecting a HC right away after Petrino was fired. Maybe nobody decent would take the job considering the timing, but now there are a plethora of open positions available.

Being a successful assistant is not a sure fire formula to become a successful head coach. I had rather have a proven head coach.

1. IMO Arkansas royally screwed the pooch by not selecting a HC right away after Petrino was fired. Maybe nobody decent would take the job considering the timing, but now there are a plethora of open positions available.

yeah bc all we had to do was go down to the HC store and pick one out right

yeah bc all we had to do was go down to the HC store and pick one out right

Yea, I really didn't mean it the way it came out, but knowing the challenge that Chizik faced thinking Richt's seat was heating up, the situation at UK and UT interviewing and getting the right guy in ASAP seemed crucial to me. I thought that the JL Smith move would work a lot better than it did though. I expected a few let down games, but an 8 win season. I think it hurt the program under Smith + the guy turned out to be a freak. Arkansas deserved better than that.

I do think now that these schools are not in near as much competition for top hires because each school will want a guy that is a little bit different than the others.