• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SECats

Official Mark Stoops to Kentucky Thread

142 posts in this topic

It's either Mark Stoops (DC FSU) or Mike MacIntyre (HC SJSU).

I'll go with Stoops.

Bunch of FSU fans heard rumors he had interviewed with UK.

I really hope y'all take him. He is the lone bright spot on that staff.

Eh, could have gone for better, but he might do some good things

Heard a report where Barnhardt was making calls to some coordinators (Klingsbury was another) and was BLOWN AWAY by Stoops plan and knowledge of the situation at UK. Felt like he had a grasp of what his job would be here in Lexington.

Butch Jones was a "done deal" last weekend but didn't want ANY buyout clause. So he was put on hold.

I'd be very happy with Stoops. He better come in and roll up his sleeves but the fans are ready for some good football.

Stoops would be a great hire for UK.

Congrats to the Wildcats if this is true.

Bham radio just said that Stoops is a done deal

I'll be honest. If Stoops is the choice, I feel very comfortable....happy, in fact. Now we need a Neal Brown (TX Tech - OC) type of offense and I'll be ecstatic.

Our AD better MAN up with the $$$$$$$$$ to pay these people AND upgrade a couple of facilities.

Yep, just heard on the radio that it's definitely Stoops.

About as big time a hire as UK could make I would think.

I hope F$U promotes one of their position coaches to DC. They all suck.

All over the place now on local news outlets. Announcement later this afternoon.

Go Big Blue!

Yep, just heard on the radio that it's definitely Stoops.

About as big time a hire as UK could make I would think.

I hope F$U promotes one of their position coaches to DC. They all suck.

Watched "The Experts" today that said Jimbo may become a candidate for TN. I wonder?!?!

Watched "The Experts" today that said Jimbo may become a candidate for TN. I wonder?!?!

God that would be perfect.

Send Jimbo to Tennessee where they will be mediocre forever, and leave F$U with no decent options at all.

LOL

Jimbo is probably just trying to get a pay raise though.

He is such an egomaniac that he probably thinks he deserves $5 million a year.

I'll say this. As bad as Joker was at coaching, he could find talent in the 3* area. We have a very good Sophomore QB and played a LOT of true freshmen this year.

Stoops could find the cubbard not as empty as it seems.

Good hire for UK, imo. The Stoops name will lend legitimacy to what he's selling there. He'll need to get himself a good OC.

Good hire for UK, imo. The Stoops name will lend legitimacy to what he's selling there. He'll need to get himself a good OC.

James Coley (OC - FSU) is rumored to be coming too. BIGTIME recruiter from what I've "heard". Any big football guys on here know anything about Coley?

Tia

Kentucky football has its man--a man with a name that even the most casual of college football fans will recognize.

Kentucky Sports Radio first reported -- followed by confirmation from the Lexington Herald-Leader and Florida State Rivals affifilate Warchant -- that Florida State defensive coordinator Mark Stoops has accepted an offer to become the Wildcats' new head coach. He replaces Joker Phillips, fired Nov. 4 after a 1-9 start.

Kentucky has not yet made the hiring official. Per the Orlando Sentinel, Stoops is on campus at Florida State and expected to be at practice this afternoon.

Stoops, 45, is now the third Stoops brother to take over a BCS conference program, following in the footsteps of both older brother Bob Stoops, Oklahoma's head coach, and former Arizona head coach Mike Stoops. Mark spent five years on Mike's staff in Tucson before joining Jimbo Fisher's staff at Florida State as defensive coordinator in 2009.

Stoops' success in Tallahassee -- where his defenses improved from 42nd in total defense in 2010 to 4th in 2011 and 2nd in 2012 -- will see him welcomed as a highly positive hire in defense-starved Lexington.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21161968/report-mark-stoops-hired-as-kentucky-head-coach

James Coley (OC - FSU) is rumored to be coming too. BIGTIME recruiter from what I've "heard". Any big football guys on here know anything about Coley?

Tia

Coley is their 2nd best recruiter behind Jimbo himself.

He is VERY good.

But he's never called the plays at F$U.

OC in name only there.

He was the OC at FIU before that though.

This is on the verge of causing the Nolies a meltdown.

Flashbacks of when Richt left for Georgia in 2000 and their offense only scored 2 points against Oklahoma.

They have Georgia Tech up and lost 2 of their 3 best DEs in the Florida game.

Coach Mac will end up at Vandy if he does good at KY.....His dad was once Head Coach at Vandy, George Macntyre....we own you KY