• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noah

Israel takes out Hamas commander Ahmed al-Jabari

33 posts in this topic

Senior Hamas military commander Ahmed al-Jabari was killed in an Israeli air strike on a car in Gaza City, medics have said.

"The martyr is Ahmed al-Jabari and his bodyguard was injured," Ayman Sahabani, a doctor at Shifa hospital in Gaza City, said.

A Hamas security source also confirmed Jabari's death, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Israel's Shin Bet domestic intelligence agency and the military also confirmed the operation.

"During a joint operation of the General Security Service (Shin Bet) and the IDF (army) today, Ahmed Jabari, the senior commander of the military wing of Hamas in the Gaza Strip, was targeted," a statement from the Shin Bet said.

"In the past hour, the IDF targeted Ahmed Jabari, the head of Hamas's military wing, in the Gaza Strip," the military added in a statement, saying Jabari "was a senior Hamas operative... directly responsible for executing terror attacks."

Israel is starting to get pissed. They have had hundred of rockets shot into their borders in the past week or so. Another war is a brewing. Maybe we can stay out of this one!

We can if we will. They don't need our help. Isreal has been killing terrorists and relocating their families for years.

@@razorhead is right. Israel wants, if anything, the U.S. to stay out of the way.

We will never have to get our military involved in a war alongside Israel. They can handle the situation themselves.

That being said....they need our 100% political backing/blessing.

lmao I don't think people fully grasp how powerful the Israeli military is. To put it in perspective, the USA would not want to lanekiffin.gif with them. it ironic that if it wasnt for the us of a israel would have killed all the "terrorists" within a 500 mile radius of their borders, they would have satelite countries and it the middle east would be a much more peaceful place. Yet the entire middle east hates us for keeping Israel on a leash.

In a global war (no nukes):

USA

England

Israel

Japan

Spain

France

Australia

Vs

Russia

China

Middle East

Who ya got?!?!

In a global war (no nukes):

USA

England

Israel

Japan

Spain

France

Australia

Vs

Russia

China

Middle East

Who ya got?!?!

Can't count Japan as they don't have a offensive army.

I would go with the Team USA based on our stealth bombers alone.

Can't really count France either on the counta they are all metrosexuals. ;)

If that were to happen we would get our asses kicked. Raw numbers alone coupled with similar technology would require us to go nuclear. England and the rest of Europe would go down in flames in seconds. Isreal could hold off the Middle East. I don't think we'd want to tangle with both Russia and China.

If that were to happen we would get our asses kicked. Raw numbers alone coupled with similar technology would require us to go nuclear. England and the rest of Europe would go down in flames in seconds. Isreal could hold off the Middle East. I don't think we'd want to tangle with both Russia and China.

Technology is no where near the same. Aircraft carriers and B2's are something only we have. As well as air to air missle defense capabilities. Alot of countries are trying it but only we have had success with it.

I'd say we'd prevail with superior air and sea capabilities.

Israel would transform the Middle East to a sheet of glass (even without the nuke option) within a matter of weeks.

similar technology my ass....count the amount of aircraft carriers we have alone and we could easily put russia and china on the defensive within a month. Dont forget our nuclear subs are capable of delivering more than nukes. We out gun Russia and China put together it wouldn't even be a fair fight. You're right though Europe would be screwed, pansy asses.

EDIT: looks up and realizes everyone else already said this. Laughs. Razor must feel like that kid that said something dumb in class.

Ok. Assume they don't. Then they use the nukes. Nobody wins

Ok. Assume they don't. Then they use the nukes. Nobody wins

true, which is why nukes are the weapon that will never be used on a large scale. They are the non-weapon. However, when someone gets laser technology ala James Bond sun lasers from space, the world will be ruled by whomever gets them first. Because there is no fall out from denigrating an entire city with environmentally friendly plain old heat. That is the next WMD and we may already have the capability.

true, which is why nukes are the weapon that will never be used on a large scale. They are the non-weapon. However, when someone gets laser technology ala James Bond sun lasers from space, the world will be ruled by whomever gets them first. Because there is no fall out from denigrating an entire city with environmentally friendly plain old heat. That is the next WMD and we may already have the capability.

I tend to agree that nukes will never be used by civilized countries. But let a stray bomb from india or Pakistan fall into some terrorist hands and I don't doubt they would use it against whoever they could get it close too.

I tend to agree that nukes will never be used by civilized countries. But let a stray bomb from india or Pakistan fall into some terrorist hands and I don't doubt they would use it against whoever they could get it close too.

sure but that wont result in everyone else nuking each other.

sure but that wont result in everyone else nuking each other.

That's why South America is going to be the place to be. Never hear about wars or such down there. I'm living with the pigmys in the rain forest.

That's why South America is going to be the place to be. Never hear about wars or such down there. I'm living with the pigmys in the rain forest.

ever heard of drug wars? no thanks.

ever heard of drug wars? no thanks.

That central america and Colombia. I'm going to Paraguay

That central america and Colombia. I'm going to Paraguay

oh gotcha, well I could never do that, I play to many video games and I like regulated food industries )=

oh gotcha, well I could never do that, I play to many video games and I like regulated food industries )=

I am gonna live like a lanekiffin.gifin KING

1 Paraguayan guarani = 0.0002 US dollars

That's not true. Although they are called the "Self-Defense Forces", these forces are comparable to that most of Western nations, and could carry an offensive war if Japan wanted them to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_japan