• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmahaBound

Gen. David Patraeus Resigns from CIA After Affair

27 posts in this topic

Even CNN, who loves stories like this, is asking "is this really a reason to resign?" Sure there will be scandal but he was CIA director....that job doesn't require you to talk with the media at all.

Seems weird to me (and I don't mean in a conspiratorial way).

I think in the CIA, they kinda frown on infidelity because it creates blackmail opportunities which obviously compromises secrets

I suppose it really does matter what your definition of "is" is

If you can't be trusted to keep your snake in your pants, how can you be trusted with the country's intelligence agency? lol

Yeah my initial reaction was based on the thought "he admitted it so it's not like there's room for blackmail."

But realistically speaking, it's not likely this just happened last night, hah. So he's been keeping that secret for at least a little bit, which is obviously something that can't happen.

He's been a great asset for us and has proven himself time and time again to be very intelligent....so it's a shame he's a dumbass.

If you can't be trusted to keep your snake in your pants, how can you be trusted with the country's intelligence agency? lol

If

If you can't keep an affair secret, what will you do with state secrets?

Why should he resign... Roosevelt didn't, Clinton didn't, JFK didn't and Johnson didn't either. This seems terribly convenient for President Obama. If this happened under President Bush the media would have a field day with "Terrorgate".

I heard he had a Harley.Just sayin.

blonde on back ?

blonde on back ?

Details are sketchy.Jeff Long looked into though.

Turns out the affair was with his biographer. Sounds like the FBI was tipped off and investigated her thinking she may have gotten access to his work email.

Oh, by the way, what was that biography titled?

petraeus-book.jpg

At least she's no Lewinsky...

paula_broadwell.jpg

Lets get this inevitable impeachment on the way....... proving the true stupidity of SO many Americans who voted for him

Infidelity does cause people to be declined a top secret clearance (I know someone that was declined for this reason) - so I can see why Patraeus would resign as his career was over once this came to light.

Anybody else read that Clinton is also stepping down in January?

Infidelity does cause people to be declined a top secret clearance (I know someone that was declined for this reason) - so I can see why Patraeus would resign as his career was over once this came to light.

Anybody else read that Clinton is also stepping down in January?

She's going to stay until a replacement is found and likely until this Benghazi scandal is resolved or dies down. There are always a few cabinet positions that change hands even when the incumbent wins.

I'd guess there will be 3-4 others as well. Everyone knew Hillary was a one termer but there rumors about several others too, including LaHood, Holder, Geitner, and others.

Oh please let that piece of hot dog s--t Holder step down.

The whole Obama regime needs to step down. Theres just as much corruption in this administration (if not more) as the Nixon debacle.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but the VERY first thought that went through my head upon reading the headline that he had stepped down because of an affair, and I had not seen any other commentary on it at that point, was... "s--t, he's not stepping down because of the affair, he's stepping down because of Benghazi and the affair is more convenient reason to give the public."

IMO, that's the real story here. The director of the CIA steps down two days after the election (and you KNOW that they knew about this before the election) and before the Congressional investigation of the Benghazi incident gets underway. THIS is why they wanted to sweep this story under the rug until after the election. They knew this was coming.

I think in the CIA, they kinda frown on infidelity because it creates blackmail opportunities which obviously compromises secrets

This is what I suspect, and such relationships are almost forbidden for this same reason.

Shameful how this went down. He will likely still be summoned. Maybe now he burns some s--t up on his way out.