• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Negan

Alright it's time i got some things off my chest.

84 posts in this topic

2012 as whole this year has been a very tough year for me. I've been unemployed for almost a year now. I've lost a friend in a motorcycle accident and my Aunt as well. Then last night my mom called me to tell me that she is having Zeus (Her boxer) put down this saturday. Zeus has a type of bone cancer that if he were to move something the wrong way that any of his bones could snap like a twig to say the least. I dont know why such terrible things have to happen like this all i know i havent felt so ......... crushed. If i get out bed in the morning it's almost a miracle. I havent felt so defeated like this in a long time. I just feel so absolutely miserable right now. I dont what to do ..... i need help. I know that January im leaving for atlanta with no job and i'll be leaving everyone and everybody that i know. I don't want to leave florida and start over i dont ....but there's no other option so therefor im just gonna do what i have to do and leave for atlanta and hope for the best. I know im not the most emotional guy on here but i dont know what else i can do anymore last night it felt like all my problems finally caught up to me and crashed upon me like a giant wave. But for now im gonna get off of here and go walk for a few miles and try to clear my mind some. I might be back later on today i may not be...... so i figured i would just leave you guys with this and let you guys know what's been going on in my life lately.

hang in there big guy.............always sleep on major decisions, emotions can be a bitch sometimes, clouding logic and all

you've got it in you to handle this, time to call upon it

Hang in there, man. I've been there before and thought it would never end.

If you start having trouble sleeping or eating, see a doctor.

I know exactly what you're feeling....been there myself. I was living alone in SC at the time and I was 27 years old. I finally listened to my heart instead of my head and moved back home and my life forever changed. I met my wife a couple of months after returning to KY and 15 years later I'm blessed beyond words. I tell you this because....I understand.

If I were you I would find a good job regardless of where it is. Start going to church, volunteer, etc....you will meet people and hopefully someone special. You need to surround yourself with good people that can help you find your way.

I have some ideas if you wanna PM me.

God Bless you BF....I hope your walk was a good one.

im not going to pretend to understand what youre going through, but i would highly recommend not going to Atlanta yet. your self confidence seems crushed and your esteem is badly damaged. you need to get back on your feet and rebuild your confidence in yourself before you head off to a strange new place to start over. stay close to your family until you reach that point. ive been there, as many have, and irrational knee jerk decisions can only compound the problem. feeling hopeless is rough on the psyche but it seriously only takes 1 or 2 things to go right in your life to completely change your course.

ill say a prayer for you.

Good luck with everything man. Things are never as bad or as good as they seem. You'll be alright, just keep your chin up and keep trying.

Hang in there buddy and take some time to think things over and pray about it. If the "defeated" feelings don't stop, go get some help. I've been where ur at after my dad died and I got divorced. Its no fun at all but it can get turned around.

If you want to get a good paying job and aren't afraid of a little cold weather, carry your ass straight to Williston, North Dakota. You'll be glad you did.

Bro, get a job on an oil rig out of LA for a year. You will work hard, eat good, make good money without a chance to spend it, have time to figure out what you want to do. I did the same thing on a riverboat when I was 23...then went on to manage furniture stores for a large chain, then sell RV's, now I sell boats and atv/utv's. I'm 52, always put money in and ira or 401k, and I can retire in 7.5 years if I want to. I've been very successful imo since I had the very same thoughts you are having at about the same age. I have contacts if you are willing to do the oil rig thing. Hell...worst case would be dealing with being out for 30 days and not having enough self control to keep from blowing all your money on your time off. At this point in your life...do it. Get your ass in shape first. Contact me for more info.

Hang in there broseph.

Life will knock you down. It's up to you, to get back up.

well, I'm not very good at words of encouragement besides saying to stay tough

I did find this quote though, hope it helps

“The life of man is a struggle on earth. But without a cross, without a struggle, we get nowhere. The victory will be ours if we continue our efforts courageously, even when at times they appear futile.”

just keep pushing through it, man

Hey man. That beer is still on me when you get up here. Make sure you think it through before you up and leave.

2012 as whole this year has been a very tough year for me. I've been unemployed for almost a year now. I've lost a friend in a motorcycle accident and my Aunt as well. Then last night my mom called me to tell me that she is having Zeus (Her boxer) put down this saturday. Zeus has a type of bone cancer that if he were to move something the wrong way that any of his bones could snap like a twig to say the least. I dont know why such terrible things have to happen like this all i know i havent felt so ......... crushed. If i get out bed in the morning it's almost a miracle. I havent felt so defeated like this in a long time. I just feel so absolutely miserable right now. I dont what to do ..... i need help. I know that January im leaving for atlanta with no job and i'll be leaving everyone and everybody that i know. I don't want to leave florida and start over i dont ....but there's no other option so therefor im just gonna do what i have to do and leave for atlanta and hope for the best. I know im not the most emotional guy on here but i dont know what else i can do anymore last night it felt like all my problems finally caught up to me and crashed upon me like a giant wave. But for now im gonna get off of here and go walk for a few miles and try to clear my mind some. I might be back later on today i may not be...... so i figured i would just leave you guys with this and let you guys know what's been going on in my life lately.

your job struggles sound alot like mine before i decided to go back to school. my best and most honest advice is set a goal for yourself....a challenging one that will force you to drive yourself in order to achieve it. i looked for a year and a half all over the southeast for a job and finally ended up with one that made my life more miserable than before i had the job. after a year of hell I had enough and quit....about that time, i had a buddy that encouraged me to pursue a career in pharmacy. over the last 3 or 4 years, it has given me focus where before I had no direction and no hope. the worst thing you can do is feel sorry for yourself. life sucks sometimes, and other times it is damn near unbearable, but everything is temporary.

do something difficult and challenging....it will refocus you and maybe put things in perspective a bit. chin up brotha....ill be praying for ya.

Try to remember something. Life NEVER stays the same. That includes the good things AND the bad things. It's kinda like the weather in the South...wait til tomorrow. New opportunities happen when you least expect them to. It's hard to handle when so many bad things happen at once, but a lot of good things have happened close together too. When life seems to spin out of control take some time to pamper yourself a little. Maybe you haven't grieved for your losses yet. If you haven't, do it. But then pamper yourself. Life can be so hard sometimes. It can hit us with more than we feel able to handle. Remember to be grateful for your own blessings and don't forget the many, many others who are bowed down with illness and sorrow. Include them in your prayers. You will come out of this. Good things will happen again. Give it time.

Look im not the greatest when it comes to words so here goes nothing. For the first time in a long tme i finally grieved my losses ..... i felt like a weight was lifted off of me. I have decided that im gonna just take life one day at a time for now. I also want to thank everyone for sharing their advice,thoughts,opinions on the subject it means alot to me it really does words cant describe my gratitude. What happens now ? I don't know..... I honestly don't know.As of right now im just gonna take life one day at a time and try to find peace in the process. I've been told that time heals all things...... well it's going to take some time to heal but i will overcome this and when i finally do i'll be stronger than i was before. I havent felt so hurt since my parents got divorced back when i was eleven. Since then i guess i built a wall and just bottled up my emotions deep inside of me and they finally erupted. I don't what my future holds for me but all i can do is just try to take everything in stride and hope for the best day by day. Again i thank all of you for your support,thoughts and Prayers. Tommorow i think im gonna get out of the House and see what i can get into to try and get over this funk im in. Im just tired of the Hurt and Pain..... it's just hurts too much and i dont want to feel this way anymore.

Look im not the greatest when it comes to words so here goes nothing. For the first time in a long tme i finally grieved my losses ..... i felt like a weight was lifted off of me. I have decided that im gonna just take life one day at a time for now. I also want to thank everyone for sharing their advice,thoughts,opinions on the subject it means alot to me it really does words cant describe my gratitude. What happens now ? I don't know..... I honestly don't know.As of right now im just gonna take life one day at a time and try to find peace in the process. I've been told that time heals all things...... well it's going to take some time to heal but i will overcome this and when i finally do i'll be stronger than i was before. I havent felt so hurt since my parents got divorced back when i was eleven. Since then i guess i built a wall and just bottled up my emotions deep inside of me and they finally erupted. I don't what my future holds for me but all i can do is just try to take everything in stride and hope for the best day by day. Again i thank all of you for your support,thoughts and Prayers. Tommorow i think im gonna get out of the House and see what i can get into to try and get over this funk im in. Im just tired of the Hurt and Pain..... it's just hurts too much and i dont want to feel this way anymore.

Good on ya, my friend.

Life is far too difficult to bottle up everything and worry about everything 24/7. Life will always get better so long as you keep fighting through it.

-

On another note, I think both me and you will wind up in a mental institution if we have to watch too much more of this Tennessee defense.

Good on ya, my friend.

Life is far too difficult to bottle up everything and worry about everything 24/7. Life will always get better so long as you keep fighting through it.

-

On another note, I think both me and you will wind up in a mental institution if we have to watch too much more of this Tennessee defense.

1- You are totally right. 2 - Im afriad that's no laughing matter man LOL

your job struggles sound alot like mine before i decided to go back to school. my best and most honest advice is set a goal for yourself....a challenging one that will force you to drive yourself in order to achieve it. i looked for a year and a half all over the southeast for a job and finally ended up with one that made my life more miserable than before i had the job. after a year of hell I had enough and quit....about that time, i had a buddy that encouraged me to pursue a career in pharmacy. over the last 3 or 4 years, it has given me focus where before I had no direction and no hope. the worst thing you can do is feel sorry for yourself. life sucks sometimes, and other times it is damn near unbearable, but everything is temporary.

do something difficult and challenging....it will refocus you and maybe put things in perspective a bit. chin up brotha....ill be praying for ya.

I intend on looking into college when i have a job and the money to pursue it. I've always wanted to learn how to play an Electric Guitar. There's a lot songs i'd love to shred on a guitar. "Slither" by Velvet Revolver being one of those songs. (It's a dream i've always wanted to pursue)

Truth-be-told, you're experiencing a miserable thing called a rights-of-passage in life. I don't know about anyone else, but I went through the same crap about your age. It's when you just don't know which way to go and you're not entirely sure if you ever will. Trust me on this; you will. Interesting that you should bring this up 'cause I was just thinking about that period in my life a few weeks ago. It was one of those introspective moments after a big fight with my wife (over nothing). I moved alot between the ages of 21 and 25. The economy was awful (Carter) and I had to go where I could find work. I had some family in California and they convinced me to try out there. Practically all alone and knowing no one, I ended up having to share an apartment with a Mexican I found in the newspaper to make ends meet. His girlfriend absolutely hated Gringos and was crazier than a bat-outta-hell. I literally locked my door when she was over 'cause she admitted she wanted to knife me....anyway that's another story, I almost took a job on the Alaskan Pipeline during that time. I didn't do it, but I often wonder what options that would have opened for me. The point is, you'll have options. None are wrong so long as you stay straight. If you're a worker, you'll be fine. Don't take offense to this, but you're just growing up.

Truth-be-told, you're experiencing a miserable thing called a rights-of-passage in life. I don't know about anyone else, but I went through the same crap about your age. It's when you just don't know which way to go and you're not entirely sure if you ever will. Trust me on this; you will. Interesting that you should bring this up 'cause I was just thinking about that period in my life a few weeks ago. It was one of those introspective moments after a big fight with my wife (over nothing). I moved alot between the ages of 21 and 25. The economy was awful (Carter) and I had to go where I could find work. I had some family in California and they convinced me to try out there. Practically all alone and knowing no one, I ended up having to share an apartment with a Mexican I found in the newspaper to make ends meet. His girlfriend absolutely hated Gringos and was crazier than a bat-outta-hell. I literally locked my door when she was over 'cause she admitted she wanted to knife me....anyway that's another story, I almost took a job on the Alaskan Pipeline during that time. I didn't do it, but I often wonder what options that would have opened for me. The point is, you'll have options. None are wrong so long as you stay straight. If you're a worker, you'll be fine. Don't take offense to this, but you're just growing up.

Please for the greater good of the board open a thread and tell this story!

I was unemployed for a year in 07-08. Finally left and moved to LA...with wife and 2 kids, no job, no place to stay, and a few bucks from the sale of our house (that was about to be foreclosed and that we lost tens of thousands on). Four years later, all is well.

This isn't a pitch for LA, its a reminder that patience is good, and sometimes change is necessary. Support, however, is mandatory. If you're not getting it externally, take a look in the mirror and decide if you're getting it internally. Do you love yourself? Are you proud of, and remind yourself of, your accomplishments? People will see in you what you see in yourself.

I was unemployed for a year in 07-08. Finally left and moved to LA...with wife and 2 kids, no job, no place to stay, and a few bucks from the sale of our house (that was about to be foreclosed and that we lost tens of thousands on). Four years later, all is well.

This isn't a pitch for LA, its a reminder that patience is good, and sometimes change is necessary. Support, however, is mandatory. If you're not getting it externally, take a look in the mirror and decide if you're getting it internally. Do you love yourself? Are you proud of, and remind yourself of, your accomplishments? People will see in you what you see in yourself.

I agree that patience is good sometimes.. the support is there thanks to my Friends and Family i wouldn't trade any of them for the world. Hell i would be more than milling to lay my life down for any of my loved ones or my friends. Loving myself...... Well there's what i've been struggling with. I think that i've partially mad at myself for letting things get to being the way they are. But that's because im my own hardest critic. Over the last couple of days i've realized that sometimes im not gonna be able to control what goes on in my life. I've said once and i'll say it again. Im tired of being unhappy im tired of feeling this hurt and pain. I just want to be happy and i just want to finally be at peace with myself and it's gonna take me some time but i'll get there one day.....