• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MullensTaintNectar

Angelo Mirando resigns

49 posts in this topic

"Unforeseen personal problems" hmmmmmmmm

Seems like he was State's 2nd best recruiter behind Melvin.... That's a blow

Not even close. And, no, it isn't a blow. Did you see how crappy our WR play was last year? This is addition by subtraction. On none of the four WR commitments that we have was he the lead recruiter.

hells yeah....awesome news as far as im concerned. many people were uncomfortable with the hire originally.....he was promoted from grad assistant in '11. many in our fanbase were uneasy about a key position coach being so wet behind the ears. i cannot comment on his impact on recruiting other than knowing he certainly isnt our second best recruiter....he was a grad assistant before last year, so i highly doubt that statement. anyway, thanks to all those rebs out there that keep msu fans abreast of late-breaking news on msu....btw, if hes such a great recruiter, im sure freeze could use a young hot-shot recruiter and coach like mirando coaching-up moncrief....with all his unbounded and in-depth knowledge of sec he has amassed over his lone season, im sure he could really work some magic. 1dawg nailed it....addition by subtraction.

Sounds like something interesting will be leaking out of Starkvegas in the coming months.

Sounds like something interesting will be leaking out of Starkvegas in the coming months.

Sure seems that way. Now we can get a real WR coach.

Real WR coach? How about a real recruiter.

This guy whiffed more than Sam Frost

Chris Wilson is by far our best recruiter

The only recruit worth anything that he was a primary recruiter on was Will Redmond. His recruiting area is the Memphis area and north MS.

Damn MSU fans can't even post news about our on team without super Rebels beating us to the punch.

**Obsessed**

But... regardless..... this is very weird timing coming less than 2 weeks before your first game. Here are the clues":

1) He stresses "strictly unforeseen personal issues"

2) Weird timing

3) Several media folks have said it is "not because of a legal issue"

4) He thanks Dan Mullen for "giving him the opportunity"

Take it for what you will. You'd be stupid to fire a coach in lieu of NCAA issues because that'd be essentially admitting guilt from the get-go. If it's "not a legal issue" like they say, you'd think that would rule out co-ed/Petrino effect. He stressed "unforeseen" and "personal".... and if truthful, doesn't leave much.... family problems, health.... what else? Anyone got any guesses.

Whatever it is, as long as it doesn't effect us from an NCAA standpoint, I'm good. It shouldn't effect any WR commits... seeing as he wasn't the recruiter on any of them... just their young, inexperienced to-be position coach. This isn't a Manny Diaz or Mark Hudspeth leaving.

Let me stress that this is strictly hypothetical and speculation... but I think it's possible he got the axe. Announcing a resignation (other than timing) doesn't put his future career opportunities in too much jeopardy compared to being "let go" or fired. The dude had been "reprimanded" several, several times for minor NCAA violations such as mentioning a recruit by name and such... and it's pretty common knowledge that he is out and about alot in the Starkville night-life, according to students. I'm thinking a tipping point was reached and he was asked to leave. Again.... this is just my speculation and theory.

Interested to see what comes of this.

We don't need to speculate about what we don't know, life changes happen and it's none of our business.

1. We run this state

2. This is our state

3. We are M State

That is all

Oh and Nikka, you blow worse than TSUN's team full of walk on's and JC rejects. Why don't you just cheer for your own teams running back who's the best in the nation and a pair of 5 star chodes at DE instead of stirring the pot when something incredibly minor happens at the flagship university

We don't need to speculate about what we don't know, life changes happen and it's none of our business.

1. We run this state

2. This is our state

3. We are M State

That is all

Indeed..... I was just saying what everyone else wants to. It'll come out eventually... it always does.

Rumor on the pack is inappropriate relationship with female student.... yall know how strict MSU is about that after Richard Williams.

Rumor on the pack is inappropriate relationship with female student.... yall know how strict MSU is about that after Richard Williams.

That's understandable really. We make it very clear that you don't fish off of MSU's dock if you work here. But, hey, he's 30, likes to party, surrounded by coeds......I can see it.

Here's the link to universities policy......

http://www.msstate.e...it/PDF/0128.pdf

It's not a violation unless she was an ath. dept. employee/intern. I'm guessing she wasn't... but I'm also guessing Mirando probably had several run-ins like this over the course of his tenure. I doubt they fire him for one.... it's either a multiple thing or it was a noticeable detriment to his work-life. Ath. dept employee or female student-athlete? I'm guessing the latter.

That's understandable really. We make it very clear that you don't fish off of MSU's dock if you work here. But, hey, he's 30, likes to party, surrounded by coeds......I can see it.

30? Try 25/26ish. Dude's younger than I am I know...

30? Try 25/26ish. Dude's younger than I am I know...

You're right. My bad. But we've had issues with people in power dating students in the past, and now, it's come to things like this. SUcks for him, but it'll probably work out for us.

Yeap. That sucks though. The dude is in his prime and single. It's not really "wrong"... but its frowned upon by someone in his position/profession. It is what it is.

Oh and Nikka, you blow worse than TSUN's team full of walk on's and JC rejects. Why don't you just cheer for your own teams running back who's the best in the nation and a pair of 5 star chodes at DE instead of stirring the pot when something incredibly minor happens at the flagship university

Someone's a little bothered with nikkas post.

Hell it Seems like half your fans on here attend/attended the actual flagship university in this state, your rival

You're in the Mississippi State section. Don't make me use my nuclear option on you.

You're in the Mississippi State section. Don't make me use my nuclear option on you.

Just show him this, he will go away:

How many so-called championships have you lived to see your so-called historic powerhouse win?

I've been to Atlanta. I've watched us play in the Georgia Dome for an SEC championship. Something you've never done. I watched a State football team go a whole season losing only 2 games, something you've never seen. I watched a State football team play to the highest ranking in Mississippi in 43 years.

I've cheered for my team in the Elite 8 and Final 4, something you've never sniffed.

My cowbell has made 3 separate trips Rosenblatt, a place you've never seen.

If we win 9 this year(including bowl), it surpasses Eli's 3 year run, making it 3 consecutive teams better than any you've fielded since 69,70,71. Yet we are in your words "average"(against the strongest division in the history of CFB), but you were on the "cusp of greatness"(against an average/bad SEC west).

Of course, I've already seen a State run that would take 10 wins this year to match in 98,99,00. That's right. State already has the best run this state has seen in 50 years(60, 61, 62).

By all means, thanks for setting us straight on how average we are though...

Somebody posed this gold on SPS from another MSU poster on Tiger Droppings.

Hell it Seems like half your fans on here attend/attended the actual flagship university in this state, your rival

Half? FCN and Shamoan. And shamoan doesn't count because he hates it there. And he's there for post-grad.

Just show him this, he will go away:

How many so-called championships have you lived to see your so-called historic powerhouse win?

I've been to Atlanta. I've watched us play in the Georgia Dome for an SEC championship. Something you've never done. I watched a State football team go a whole season losing only 2 games, something you've never seen. I watched a State football team play to the highest ranking in Mississippi in 43 years.

I've cheered for my team in the Elite 8 and Final 4, something you've never sniffed.

My cowbell has made 3 separate trips Rosenblatt, a place you've never seen.

If we win 9 this year(including bowl), it surpasses Eli's 3 year run, making it 3 consecutive teams better than any you've fielded since 69,70,71. Yet we are in your words "average"(against the strongest division in the history of CFB), but you were on the "cusp of greatness"(against an average/bad SEC west).

Of course, I've already seen a State run that would take 10 wins this year to match in 98,99,00. That's right. State already has the best run this state has seen in 50 years(60, 61, 62).

By all means, thanks for setting us straight on how average we are though...

Somebody posed this gold on SPS from another MSU poster on Tiger Droppings.

I saw engie posted that. Doesn't he post on here?