• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MizzouMark

Evan Boehm to Start?

4 posts in this topic

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1393925

Anyone on Rivals will see this fast, but Travis Ruth looks to be missing a sizable chunk of this season, Copeland is the backup but I feel as does the author of this Article that our new prize on the line Freshman Evan Boehm will be starting for us and will not see a redshirt season. If he does earn the starting job he will be only the third tiger since HCGP took over the program to start his freshman year on the OL. I'm honestly okay with this because even when Ruth was on the field healthy Boehm was earning a few first team reps so hopefully he will make us proud.

Sidenote: Britt is still injured as well at tackle but is expected to be back for the beginning of the season.

You do realize that the average weight for a UGA D-lineman is about 430 lbs right??

Theygongetraped.jpg

I read abou this yesterday. If Boehm contributes this season, I trust GP will have made the right decision. Interestingly, there are some in the KC area that think Evan is overrated and won't be the player Mizzou envisioned when recruiting him. Nothing is ever guaranteed with any incoming recruit, so who knows. I happen to think he will be very good for the Tigers.

You do realize that the average weight for a UGA D-lineman is about 430 lbs right??

Theygongetraped.jpg

We've been fine in the past against bigger d-lines we have one guy who's a backup to a much smaller guy. Size is only part of the equation. I just compared depth chart to depth chart I know the numbers are fudged a bit but on paper the size difference isn't huge but I know their d line is talented, just have to wait till sept 9 to find out