Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDawg

Football Database General Discussion

181 posts in this topic

Sorry about the Add Commitment button. Added it back.

I gotta get some real life work done too. I'll work on it some more later today.

Added the photo upload option. I uploaded a photo on one of the Alabama commits just to troubleshoot.

Not bad... the only thing you run into with using commit photo's is copywrite stuff... I remember our 24/7 and scout networks getting into big ole tissies because there was some illegal use of photos. Need to be careful with that. I'm pretty sure the sites have to provide permission to use them.

I'm gonna add a scouting report in the comments section of each recruit.

I'm gonna add a scouting report in the comments section of each recruit.

Should I just make a field for that?

Also, food for thought:

Instead of having 1/2/3/4/5 stars, I say we just default to NR/2/3/4/5, with NR having the value of 0. And If a site hasn't rated a prospect, we should default to leaving that site out of the calculation for the composite rating for that prospect.

What y'all think?

And no one told me anything about that ESPN rating. Star system or what?

Once more... you see on the top of the prospects on the blue bar, there are sorting options. What sorting options do we need to list? There is going to be an "other" option which will let you sort from any of the fields.. but some should be listed as default. I was thinking Name (where Title is currently), Composite Rating, Position? What say ye?

Also, food for thought:

Instead of having 1/2/3/4/5 stars, I say we just default to NR/2/3/4/5, with NR having the value of 0. And If a site hasn't rated a prospect, we should default to leaving that site out of the calculation for the composite rating for that prospect.

What y'all think?

We monkeyed with that some last time around and it jacks up the math skewing the numbers badly to leave services out of some recruits but not others...

And no one told me anything about that ESPN rating. Star system or what?

1-5 stars like all the others I believe...

Fair enough. I'll add the ESPN rating option.

It's coming along fairly nicely I'd say.

I'd also like to propose that for the offer list, instead of having a text area, we just put a checklist and you'd just check whichever offers they had.

Taking that further, we could divide it up between BCS offers and non-BCS offers, so people wouldn't manually have to enter the numbers.

I'd also like to propose that for the offer list, instead of having a text area, we just put a checklist and you'd just check whichever offers they had.

Taking that further, we could divide it up between BCS offers and non-BCS offers, so people wouldn't manually have to enter the numbers.

Yes, yes, and yes again! Counting offer lists was the worst freaking part of the first go round....

Yes, yes, and yes again! Counting offer lists was the worst freaking part of the first go round....

If only I could find a list of current BCS teams.

@@Benny before you go too far, remember our system utilizes the offer lists from all the services since a lot of times they differ between the 4. We then average the offer numbers and plug them into a weighted average...

@@Benny before you go too far, remember our system utilizes the offer lists from all the services since a lot of times they differ between the 4. We then average the offer numbers and plug them into a weighted average...

Well then it would have to come back to manually entering the numbers. Unless we want to go for list any offer from any service, or only list offers that are common to all services.

Well then it would have to come back to manually entering the numbers. Unless we want to go for list any offer from any service, or only list offers that are common to all services.

Well for the integrity of the system I'd have to vote for manual numbers then. The problem we came across was that some services would show 1 or 2 offers and the others would have 6, 7 or a lot more. Just doing common offers would skew things to the low end in those cases...

Secondarily the big schools tend to have better offer reporting on a more consistent basis across all 4 sites so you end up skewing their numbers up. In a way we'd be programming in a Bama bump...

Nova hit it square on the head...

Oh, and you da man, Benny.

@@Benny Any way we can widen the offer column? The guys with a ton of offers makes it ugly...

Woo something just broke somewheres...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function explore() in /home/sectalk/public_html/board/secretsociety/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/pages.php(419) : eval()'d code on line 4749

Sorry I was working on that offers column. Yeah I don't want to list all the offers on the page, trying to figure out a way to utilize the hovercard class in our platform (similar to what pops up when you hover over a username like: @@nova) to list the offers and just list a offer count on the page. It's gonna get too cluttered if we list all 17 offers a kid has.