Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiderinsideher

2012 Alabama Women's Golf National Championships

24 posts in this topic

Bama had a 15 stroke lead at one point in day 3 but finished up 2 stokes at the end of day 3;had a 11stroke lead at the end of day 2; had a 2 stroke lead at the end of the first day. Last day now, should be teeing off soon. Being played in Franklin, Tennessee.

If the girls can pull this out, and perhaps win the softball world seires along with our men's golf team that could very well win the title to. Bama could be looking at the Capital One Cup

Link to women's golf scoreboard:

http://www.ncaa.com/...eam-leaderboard

Bama has a legit shot take home the NC in both men's and women's this year... great golf teams.

2 holes left, 2 golfers left for both UA and USCw and Tide up by 4 strokes

Bama running into trouble, looks like Kirby will double 17 with Pankake in the middle of the fairway. USCw has a birdie attempt to cut lead to 2 now

Correction: Bama's lead now only 1 stroke with 2 golfers left, Pankake on 17 and Kirby on 18. USCw still has a girl on 17 and one on 18 as well. The last girl for USCw will not have her score count. It's up to Brooke Pankake to par the 18th to win the championship.

Brooke Pankake on in regulation. She needs a 2 putt par to win the national championship. The putt is a 60 foot curling putt....

Pankake lips out on the birdie putt, she has a 5 footer for par

Bama running into trouble, looks like Kirby will double 17 with Pankake in the middle of the fairway on 18. USCw has a birdie attempt to cut lead to 2 now

Correction: Bama's lead now only 1 stroke with 2 golfers left, Pankake on 18 and Kirby on 18. USCw still has a girl on 17 and one on 18 as well. The girl on 18 for USCw will not have her score count so it is all up for Brooke Pankake to par the 18th. A par will win the championship.

Pankake makes the putt... Bama wins the national championship!!!

:shakeshout:

I jumped the gun a little yesterday, forgetting that Championship tourneys are 4 rounds instead of the customary 3 that they play all year.

Bama sure made it exciting; USC had a 4-stroke lead at about the halfway point of the final round, but momentum swung in Bama's favor again, and Bama regained a huge lead... only to come down to 1-stroke victory at the end.

I haven't ever seen so many lead changes and momentum shifts in a golf tourney before; that was a wild ride. Congrats on a well-earned National Championship.

That's Bama's third national championship to go along with football and gymnastics. We ought to be leading in the capital one cup I would think.

Damn impressive today, I caught the highlights and recap. If the Softball takes home the first SEC National title, that Capital One Cup is all but Bama's in women.

Damn impressive today, I caught the highlights and recap. If the Softball takes home the first SEC National title, that Capital One Cup is all but Bama's in women.

Is there a seperate one for men's and women's sports? I thought there was only one.

Is there a seperate one for men's and women's sports? I thought there was only one.

Yeah, they separate them in the Capital One Cup. UF won the first men's cup last year, but Stanford won the women's. That's different from the Director's Cup, which awards entire athletic departments, with men's and women's together... Bama should definitely be ranked pretty high on that this year too.

I usually do a thread on the Director's Cup every year; and I'll show where SEC teams rank after their next update on May 31.

Something about a woman in a Crimson A hat...

:)

The gal on the far left holding the trophy is a might homely,but congrats on the championship.Good thing Bama has the women to carry their program or we'd have to kick ya'll to the curb. :thumbu:

:trollface: Well done. :cheers:

... and out of some Crimson A panties. Works for me. :thumbu:

... and out of some Crimson A panties. Works for me. :thumbu:

You're biased. :)

You're biased. :)

I have no problem whatsoever buying slb the hats and drawers... she looks good in and out of both.

And you are being very naughty, baby....... :lol: :redface:

I think he needs a spanking. :laugh:

You knew that before you even got involved with ol' GU, Sugar.

I feel like I just whistled passed the beginnings of a cybersex thread..........heading back to the 4-team SEC Defense thread, toodles!

I think he needs a spanking. :laugh:

He's gonna get one, too! :D

• possumslayer
      What could a metal detector do to save a kid?
    • bbqit
      It’s also a court house where people do their job. That’s all school is. A place kids do their job.    Im not saying that is the idea we should use but twisting it that way is childish. It’s just like a kid to demand the protection and when you give it he doesn’t like it.  
    • Porcine
      They played a bad game. Should have won 4-0. Walks, errors, wasted opportunities, and the umpiring could have been better.
    • dawgbit
      Also sounds like a bank. And a jewelry store. And a movie set. And a courthouse. And a sporting event. And a nursing home. And  Congress.
    • Rebel WITH a cause
      And Universal Studios too since that’s where I am at the Portofino Hotel with my wife... and my Yeungling Light...
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      Rebel WITH a cause