Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jthomas666

2012 Alabama Gymnastics National Champions

13 posts in this topic

Patterson deserves SOMETHING, be it a statue or her namesake upon a facility/landmark on the UA Campus or in Coleman Coliseum somewhere. The amount of success she's achieved at Alabama is the equivalent of Pat Summitt's success at Tennessee in women's basketball.

Congrats to the gymnasts on a second consecutive National Championship.

6 titles equals the Bear. She deserves a statue outside of Coleman.

Skarbinskys on top of things aint he ? Whatta moron. She does deserve a statue outside Coleman. No if's, and's or but's about it.

What's crazy to think is that Bear Bryant actually hired her in the late 70's. Good move, coach.

Congrats to ladies and Coach Patterson, I sure hope they're going to do something for her success she brought to Bama. No doubt she deserves it, wonder if she knows anything about basketball? :trollface:

Patterson-Coleman Coliseum? Coleman-Patterson Coliseum? Sounds good to me.

And yes, she deserves a statue somewhere. I've heard that the long term plans are to move the track and field stadium and put another parking lot there next to Coleman. Maybe they can take a slice of that land and create a plaza similar to what's in front of BDS. In the event we ever have a basketball coach that wins a title you can stick his statue over there too.

Patterson-Coleman Coliseum? Coleman-Patterson Coliseum? Sounds good to me.

And yes, she deserves a statue somewhere. I've heard that the long term plans are to move the track and field stadium and put another parking lot there next to Coleman. Maybe they can take a slice of that land and create a plaza similar to what's in front of BDS. In the event we ever have a basketball coach that wins a title you can stick his statue over there too.

Doesn't have a bad ring to it actually, could see everyone calling it CP Coliseum for short. Hell, I like it...she most certainly deserves it.

She deserves something quite an accomplishment she's got goin on Roll Tide.

Congrats, Tide gymnasts! Good show!

What would be cool is to have a statue of Sarah on the right of the stadium and a an empty pedestal ont he left, awaiting the first coach to win us a basketball championship!!!

Also, this is pretty cool

Awesome video, stickied this the week they won because they deserved to be acknowledged. Excellent run and Coach Patterson deserves her notoriety on campus in some shape or form. Make it happen Mal! Haven't let us down for a while now.

• possumslayer
      What could a metal detector do to save a kid?
    • bbqit
      It’s also a court house where people do their job. That’s all school is. A place kids do their job.    Im not saying that is the idea we should use but twisting it that way is childish. It’s just like a kid to demand the protection and when you give it he doesn’t like it.  
    • Porcine
      They played a bad game. Should have won 4-0. Walks, errors, wasted opportunities, and the umpiring could have been better.
    • dawgbit
      Also sounds like a bank. And a jewelry store. And a movie set. And a courthouse. And a sporting event. And a nursing home. And  Congress.
    • Rebel WITH a cause
      And Universal Studios too since that’s where I am at the Portofino Hotel with my wife... and my Yeungling Light...
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      Rebel WITH a cause