Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuddingTime

Official MLB Thread

735 posts in this topic

Rays are looking real good. Matt Moore Pitched a great game, a little anxious but overall good start. Bull pen screwed us...

In case you wondered what it was like to play for the Baltimore Orioles three years in a row...

sadandino.jpg

I never thought I'd link to two Oakland A's related stories all year let alone this week. This is about some of the A's fans though and a friendship they've built up with Jeff Francoeur when he and the Royals come to town. The world's problems can all be solved by bacon.

Jeff Francoeur sends 20 pizzas to A’s fans | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

For the lazy amongst you here's a summary:

The A's right field bleacher crew (about 10 fans) had 'Bacon Tuesday' during a game last year against the Royals. They had been heckling Francoeur as usual but he also has fun talking back with them. The banter was friendly enough that he even scored some of their bacon. At the next game he threw them an autographed ball with $100 around for beer or bacon dogs. This week they had the 2nd annual 'Bacon Tuesday' and made shirts that also stated it was sponsored by Francoeur. They gave him one of their shirts and there's a funny pic in the story showing his goofy smile as he shows the shirt to teammates in the dugout. Well on Wednesday he returned the favor by having free pizzas delivered to them as well as an autographed bat inscribed "To Right Field Bleacher Crew, Keep Makin' Bacon. - Jeff Francoeur"

Here's a video of the fans receiving their latest gift from Francoeur... http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20534041&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_20534041&v=3

Ahh the classic "can we save some of these runs for the rest of the week" situation. Red Sox beat the Rays 12-2 in their home opener today.

The only way I would be legiitimately worried about the season as a whole is if they were actually swept by the Rays this weekend. Now that the Sox don't have to stress about that scenario let's go out and win the darn thing.

I never thought I'd link to two Oakland A's related stories all year let alone this week. This is about some of the A's fans though and a friendship they've built up with Jeff Francoeur when he and the Royals come to town. The world's problems can all be solved by bacon.

Jeff Francoeur sends 20 pizzas to A’s fans | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

For the lazy amongst you here's a summary:

Here's a video of the fans receiving their latest gift from Francoeur... Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | Francoeur has pizza delivered to Bacon Tuesday fans - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

Haha, I have to admit that's pretty cool.

Wish his ass could of hit better and stayed in Atlanta.

Haha, I have to admit that's pretty cool.

Wish his ass could of hit better and stayed in Atlanta.

I'm glad that he waited to catch on with us. We love him here. He's a class act and an above average ball player. We might not win it all this year, but I can see this team coming together and getting better every single game. It's exciting since I was 4 the last time we won a World Series...

As a KC fan, with the Royals and the Chiefs, it's been a whole heap of disappointment for a whole heap of years. I'm ready for one of them to start at least looking like a professional team...

Ahh the classic "can we save some of these runs for the rest of the week" situation. Red Sox beat the Rays 12-2 in their home opener today.

The only way I would be legiitimately worried about the season as a whole is if they were actually swept by the Rays this weekend. Now that the Sox don't have to stress about that scenario let's go out and win the darn thing.

I really really hate them Bo Sox...lol

(Bo Sox instead of Bob Barker,Happy gilmore quote)

I really really hate them Bo Sox...lol

(Bo Sox instead of Bob Barker,Happy gilmore quote)

Hah, no worries. I would probably root for the Rays if they were in the NL, but alas they are an ever-present thorn in Boston's side of late. I can't ignore them either since one of my best friends is from St. Pete Beach and always wants to talk about them. Well actually he didn't want to talk about them again today, heh.

Braves thread - 100

MLB thread - 6

Y'all need to step your game up

Braves thread - 100

MLB thread - 6

Y'all need to step your game up

A)You need to calm down.

B)The Braves haven't been good in a decade.

C)The Royals haven't been good in 2 decades...

Oh, eff me. Anybody else need a drink...

A)You need to calm down.

B)The Braves haven't been good in a decade.

C)The Royals haven't been good in 2 decades...

Oh, eff me. Anybody else need a drink...

The royals haven't been to the playoffs since I've been alive. We've been there recently. Get off my nuts.

Our James Franklin > your James Franklin

Well, I was 1 yr old when the 85 WS rolled around

Oh snap.

Chunky is just a little fiesty like his team yesterday.

The royals haven't been to the playoffs since I've been alive. We've been there recently. Get off my nuts.

Our James Franklin > your James Franklin

Did you actually read my post? I want you to focus on A) and C). Actually, the entire post is still very accurate...

Our James Franklin would kick the crap outta your James Franklin... Real talk.

Oh snap.

Chunky is just a little fiesty like his team yesterday.

That ish was nuts. Almost as much fun as your avatar.

Did you actually read my post? I want you to focus on A) and C). Actually, the entire post is still very accurate...

Our James Franklin would kick the crap outta your James Franklin... Real talk.

Our Janes Franklin wouldn't kick your JF ass..he'd just talk him into transferring from Mizzou to VU

Our Janes Franklin wouldn't kick your JF ass..he'd just talk him into transferring from Mizzou to VU

That'd be worse than any asskicking I have ever heard of...

Redlegs are in the 10th tied up @ 5 apiece w/the Nats right now. We've looked rather "ungood" so far this season.

Come on reds!

You watching this craziness?

Red Sox going for the sweep tomorrow at 11am. Gotta love Patriot's Day. This weekend has been a combo of the Sox offense waking up and the Rays pitching (particularly the bullpen) just not having it right now.

You watching this craziness?

Nah, I'm watching the craziness that is the penguins and phlyers

The Royals got swept by Cleveland this weekend. The Royals are on a 4 game losing streak. Doesn't get any easier for the Royals as they will play a 3 game series with Detroit starting tomorrow. Yep, gonna be a LOOOOOOOOONG season for us long-suffering Royals fans I'm afraid... :cursing: