Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuddingTime

Official MLB Thread

735 posts in this topic

Rays are off to a 2-0 start. I was at the game with IANSANANIMAL and some of our friends. We got out there and started tailgating early and our local news station asked to do an interview with me. This is the video (he's grillmaster Ian that I reference). The video is terrible quality because it's off a phone and you can hear my family laughing. We had a good time and drank plenty of beers! :thumbu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCxKnbeKlis&feature=plcp&context=C432081aVDvjVQa1PpcFOoao5U5RQHNwWHEzruRB6V5ni2jppHzRY%3D

WTF? You do realize I am a Braves fan.

Well yeah, but DJ did suck and so do the Braves.

Should I of put a trollface on there for sarcasm?

I will rage if I watch Matt Holliday strike out looking only to complain about the call one more time. Grind out at-bats you friggin' vag. Have some guts.

Furcal with a 2 out RBI. He is swinging it really well so far.

It's always nice to see My Rays making the Yankeees their Bitch,

Redlegs are down 5-4 B8th. Votto at the plate right now.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!! Jay jacks one out of GABP solo to knot it at 5 apiece in the B9th. Drew Stubbs just singled and we've got the go ahead at 1st now with Ryan Hanigan at the plate. Rolen's on deck. 1 out. C'mon Cincy!

...and this one belongs to the Reds!! Scott Rolen singles in Stubbs for the go ahead and Cincinnati takes 2 of 3 from Miami. Next up, the much hated St. Louis Cardinals.

Through 7 innings today, I have been really impressed with Jeff Samardzija, he might finally convince me that he is a baseball player, and not a WR.

...and this one belongs to the Reds!! Scott Rolen singles in Stubbs for the go ahead and Cincinnati takes 2 of 3 from Miami. Next up, the much hated St. Louis Cardinals.

Prepare your anus.

Through 7 innings today, I have been really impressed with Jeff Samardzija, he might finally convince me that he is a baseball player, and not a WR.

Didn't even know he was moved into a starting role, interesting given the fact he could barely get through relief appearances. Maybe he's turned it around, or maybe the Nats are just as inept on offense to behind the season as the Braves.

Nah, they can't be that bad.

Bill Simmons' analogy for the Red Sox so far this season...

Hilarious, but I'm not one of the doom and gloom Sox fans. I honestly think we'll be fine but it will be an up and down season. Whether being 'fine' equals making the playoffs will come down to the last couple weeks of the season.

As Dan said before, Misery loves company. Bravos and BoSox having a bit of a hangover. Unlike Atlanta, I'm positive the Red Sox can bounce back.

As Dan said before, Misery loves company. Bravos and BoSox having a bit of a hangover. Unlike Atlanta, I'm positive the Red Sox can bounce back.

Yeah plus the Sox were playing a really good team in the Tigers. Lester pitched great on Friday, but Verlander was just a little bit better. Beckett sucked yesterday but his thumb is bothering him so no reason to be concerned about that one game of sucktitude. Bucholtz sucked today too but the offense finally woke up. Really the only thing I'm concerned about is how the 4 and 5 starters will do this season, and how the bullpen will fair without Andrew Bailey til late July.

The Royals are off to a good start, taking 2 out of 3 from the Angels. Eric Hosmer is off to a hot start. Royals go to Oakland for a 3 game series with the A's.

Prepare your anus.

Nay sir. I say, prepare your anus. 'Tis on.

Oh, and it's about damn time Toronto dropped that new "logo" they had and switched it back to the old school Blue Jays logo

Everybody see Yoenis Cespedes' HR from Friday night? I've heard a few analysts refer to it as Bo Jackson-esque. That description works for me. It may be time to stop throwing him fastballs as he crushed another to straightaway center yesterday. (Highlight in the link...couldn't find a video that could be embedded here)

Oh btw, it was estimated at 462 feet.

Yoenis Cespedes hits mammoth homer, later acts sheepish for showboating | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

Everybody see Yoenis Cespedes' HR from Friday night? I've heard a few analysts refer to it as Bo Jackson-esque. That description works for me. It may be time to stop throwing him fastballs as he crushed another to straightaway center yesterday. (Highlight in the link...couldn't find a video that could be embedded here)

Oh btw, it was estimated at 462 feet.

Yoenis Cespedes hits mammoth homer, later acts sheepish for showboating | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

Wonder if the A's need some damn pitching...

Samardzija looked great today. He could potentially be a above average starter for us for the next few years. I've always been a fan of his, mainly because hes a former football player

Really happy with how the Royals have played so far. I know it's 3 games in but the Angels are a pretty good team.

Starting pitching has been our biggest weakness and so far our starters have been pretty good.

Some of our base running has been questionable... I'm still pretty excited about this team.

Former Rebel Lance Lynn had a great outing today for the Cards. 6.2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 8 SOs.

Also on the Rebel front, Cozart is in full beast mode for the Reds and Alex Presley is having a nice year for the Pirates so far

Homer Bailey gave up 4 HRs in the 1st to StL...Phillips just crossed the plate for us it's 4-1 right now.

Hope everyone else's squad's are looking better than my guys. Reds drop Game 2 to StL 3-1 so they'll take the series. Game 3 tomorrow and then it's off to DC to face the Nationals.

Hope everyone else's squad's are looking better than my guys.

Hah, not at all. Like last year I'm not going to worry about the actual record until mid-May though. Eventually the offense will be one of the league's best so that funk doesn't concern me, but the bullpen seems like it could be a real issue this year. On the brighter side, it was nice to see David Ortiz hit some hard singles to left field against the shift yesterday.

Even better was Daniel Bard putting together a pretty nice start tonight. Even if he pitches well I won't be shocked if gets moved to the bullpen in the next couple months just to help out the 'pen. Dice K, Andrew Miller, and Aaron Cook are probably all better options at the #5 starters spot than the gaping hole in the bullpen.

Staying in the AL East....he didn't get the win today, but Matt Moore is going to be a stud.

• zartan
      It's funny black guy acts like a thug, carries a gun, gets killed by law enforcement, you smile but somehow you are all gonna be a senior citizen version of Rambo when confronted by the authorities  
    • zartan
      I dunno you tell us im sure that is your search criteria on Tinder
    • zartan
      I think the simplest indicator is the popular vote, which you lost by 3 million  how come Hillary actually paid a price for calling people deplorables, but nothing happens to Trump for anything he says? because conservatives are phony amoral hypocrites
    • WDavE
      But for the most part we're better armed....
    • smokeyone
      Zartan is slowly moving to the right end of the spectrum, he just enjoys the troll life
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      cocky4ever