• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoldenRebel

Baseball - Week 8

172 posts in this topic

Several really good matchups this Easter weekend. Heading into here's how we stand.

East

KY 7-2

FL 6-3

Tenn 5-4

GA 4-5

SC 3-6

VY 3-6

West

AU 6-3

LSU 6-3

OM 5-4

ARK 5-4

MSU 3-6

UA 1-8

Weekend matchups:

LSU @ Florida - Thursday - Saturday

Ole MIss @ Kentucky

Tennessee @ South Carolina

Georgia @ Arkansas

Vanderbilt @ Mississippi St

Auburn @ Alabama

Oklahoma @ Texas A&M

Baylor @ Missouri

Midweek matchups:

UAB @ Bama

Bama @ SELA

Arky @ Oklahoma

Alcorn St @ LSU

Southern Miss @ LSU

Citidel @ SC

SC @ Francis Marion

Samford @ Auburn

Central Arky @ Ole Miss (2)

Florida @ FSU

Louisville @ Kentucky - FSS

Tenn @ East Tenn

South Alabama @ MSU

Belmont @ Vandy

Georgia @ Clemson - CSS

To paraphrase Ramma,

WOHR EAGULL ON DAT AYUSS!!!!

Florida over LSU

OM over UK

USC over TN

MSU over Vandy

AU over Bama

AR over UGA

My predictions:

Florida over LSU

UK over OM

USC over TN

Vandy over MSU

AU over Bama

AR over UGA

I think we win Friday and lose Saturday and a toss up sunday

We'll just edge Tennessee in unimpressive fashion this weekend just like most weekends

I think we win Friday and lose Saturday and a toss up sunday

We have a better chance of winning Saturday than Sunday. Hively is 10x better than Mayers at this point

We got it last week, so I think its our turn to sweep someone. We've been very good at Baum. Here's hoping for 5-1 over the next two weeks against UGA and UK.

We have a better chance of winning Saturday than Sunday. Hively is 10x better than Mayers at this point

Ehh I dunno. I still like Mayers if he doesn't lack focus after being perfect for 3 innings like against Florida. Sunday is just always a toss up IMO if the first 2 are split. I like Hively though

Ehh I dunno. I still like Mayers if he doesn't lack focus after being perfect for 3 innings like against Florida. Sunday is just always a toss up IMO if the first 2 are split. I like Hively though

Mayers is the same way.

Hively has a lower ERA (1.71), more strikeouts, and less walks than Wahl this season. He's been sneaky good.

Yeah don't expect to win on Sunday since our best pitcher all year has pitched then (Corey Littrell). I've said it before the season started and I'm still saying it now but I thought going in that Littrell would be our best pitcher and he has been and yet Henderson (being the stubborn ass he is) won't move him from the Sunday slot. I love what Taylor Rogers (Friday starter) and Jerad Grundy (Saturday starter) bring to the table but Corey has been the best and most consistent all year.

Another thing you all will find out is this entire weekend staff is a bunch of left handers until we get to our closer and bullpen (which is right-handed dominant).

Regardless here is to a good series. I should be in attendance for either the Saturday or Sunday game. Probably the latter.

A lefty filled staff? Jesus. We absolutely pound right hand pitching but struggle with left

Mayers is the same way.

Hively has a lower ERA (1.71), more strikeouts, and less walks than Wahl this season. He's been sneaky good.

I guess it's just something I'm holding on to haha. I haven't seen Hively as much live as Mayers I guess that has something to do with it

A lefty filled staff? Jesus. We absolutely pound right hand pitching but struggle with left

Lucky for us! :trollface:

Lucky for us! :trollface:

Yea it does suck that youre full of lefties. Our 2 top power bats are both terrible against them. Thank god Overbey and Allenis heating up because them and Yarbourgh may have to carry the offense this weekend.

My gut still says ky isn't as good as they think they are and we are playing well so if I had to make a prediction I'll say we squeak this one out on the road

Well tonight we aren't off to a good start. Down 4-0 to the Dayton Flyers and we are still in the top of the 1st. Now our pitcher just hit a guy in the head. My god...

Just pulled Chandler Shepherd after 2/3rds of an Inning. Now Mahar has come in and he almost throws a ball over Maile's head. Thank god he gets a flyout the next pitch and the bleeding is over.

Gamecocks beat C of C 7-0.

Good stuff as I'll probably never forgive this guys as they beat us 5-7 years back when finally got to host a regional as we were one of the top seeds. They had a stellar pitching staff back then.

What's the update on our game?

What's the update on our game?

Luke Maile just hit a 3-run blast to give us the lead 7-5!

I just got out of class at 7:45 and K lot was covered in water. Can't believe they're playing at CH in this. More power to 'em. Leggo Cats!