• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GetEmGamecocks

Georgia's Ogletree beat the crap out of Crowell in practice?

55 posts in this topic

Is this true? Apparently Ben Boulware, a 2013 prospect for UGA, posted on his Twitter "Alec Ogletree bodyslams Isaiah Crowell. Then continuously punches his face into the ground." According to timesfreepress.com, Georgia players verified the incident, but it does not say how (http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/mar/25/georgia-spirited-pads-practice/).

Also, Rambo and Ogletree are facing multiple game suspensions for failed drug tests. Rambo is appealing a 4-game suspension, and could enter the supplemental draft if it holds (http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2012/3/29/2911066/bacarri-rambo-suspension-nfl-supplemental-draft).

I put this in trash talk because of the nature of the topic, but this thread is not meant to start crap for the sake of starting crap.

I thought the supplemental draft was only for players who have been deemed ineligible. If he still has eligibility left how could he enter??

Is this true? Apparently Ben Boulware, a 2013 prospect for UGA, posted on his Twitter "Alec Ogletree bodyslams Isaiah Crowell. Then continuously punches his face into the ground." According to timesfreepress.com, Georgia players verified the incident, but it does not say how (http://www.timesfree...-pads-practice/).

I put this in trash talk because of the nature of the topic, but this thread is not meant to start crap for the sake of starting crap.

LOL, surrrrrrre.

Glad to see the UGA players have started warming up to Crowell.

Ogletree was just mad at Crowell for bogarting all the brownies.....

This is like the biggest non-story ever.

1.) it's Spring....so any college football news is a story

2.) your star LB went WWE on your star RB(who's had problems with team chemistry)...it's kind of a big deal

3.) why is the offseason always so damn crazy down in Athens??

1.) it's Spring....so any college football news is a story

2.) your star LB went WWE on your star RB(who's had problems with team chemistry)...it's kind of a big deal

3.) why is the offseason always so damn crazy down in Athens??

2.) isn't a big deal because it's an exaggeration of the truth and nothing out of the normal. The only thing out of the normal at that practice was that there were more people than usual on hand to see it. Ask anyone who regularly covers a practice.

Rambo and Ogletree missing 2-4 games and Rambo possibly not playing the entire season is a pretty big deal. That is not a non-story though the "fight" may be. You guys now have what, four defensive players suspended for at least the first two games?

There's a reason I asked about the "fight" instead of going all "omg UGA thugs be throwin bows on each other in they own dang practice." I am wondering more about if Ogletree really whooped Crowell or if they were just playing...not so much the implications of a possible rift in the Georgia program.

Rambo and Ogletree missing 2-4 games and Rambo possibly not playing the entire season is a pretty big deal. That is not a non-story though the "fight" may be. You guys now have what, four defensive players suspended for at least the first two games?

There's a reason I asked about the "fight" instead of going all "omg UGA thugs be throwin bows on each other in they own dang practice." I am wondering more about if Ogletree really whooped Crowell or if they were just playing...not so much the implications of a possible rift in the Georgia program.

I don't know and I don't really care. It's a non-story.

As far as the suspensions go, Ogletree may only be suspended 1 game. We'll see. But you can't tell me you didn't start this thread NOT to cause trouble when the thread title is - "Georgia's Ogletree beat the crap out of Crowell in practice." You were making exaggerations before you even got to your "questions."

I don't know and I don't really care. It's a non-story.

As far as the suspensions go, Ogletree may only be suspended 1 game. We'll see. But you can't tell me you didn't start this thread NOT to cause trouble when the thread title is - "Georgia's Ogletree beat the crap out of Crowell in practice." You were making exaggerations before you even got to your "questions."

I don't really have a dog in this fight but will point out this....

"Alec Ogletree bodyslams Isaiah Crowell. Then continuously punches his face into the ground."

Sounds like a textbook case of someone beating the crap out of someone else.

I don't really have a dog in this fight but will point out this....

Sounds like a textbook case of someone beating the crap out of someone else.

Ok. Guess I'll start referring to every good tackle in a ballgame as the tackler "beating the crap out of" the ball carrier.

Who gives a s--t? HS recruit was impressed with physicality of a practice. Are we really talking about this? You guys realize that your teams have skirmishes at practice EVERY DAY, right? And if they don't, then your football team probably sucks because they don't practice with much passion. This isn't a story.

Ok. Guess I'll start referring to every good tackle in a ballgame as the tackler "beating the crap out of" the ball carrier.

Who gives a s--t? HS recruit was impressed with physicality of a practice. Are we really talking about this? You guys realize that your teams have skirmishes at practice EVERY DAY, right? And if they don't, then your football team probably sucks because they don't practice with much passion. This isn't a story.

Did you miss the part about "continuously punches his face into the ground"? I've seen a lot of great tackels in my day but never have any of them required continual punches to the face.

Like I said, no dog in this fight, don't really know or care past what has been posted. But it sounds like someone was doing their best to beat the hell out of the other guy and was apparently doing a pretty damn good job at it.

Did you miss the part about "continuously punches his face into the ground"? I've seen a lot of great tackels in my day but never have any of them required continual punches to the face.

Like I said, no dog in this fight, don't really know or care past what has been posted. But it sounds like someone was doing their best to beat the hell out of the other guy and was apparently doing a pretty damn good job at it.

Yeah, most of the skirmishes at Spring practices are just scuffles that would result in a personal foul if it happened in a real game. If Ogletree had done that in a game he would be facing a multi game suspension.

But you can't tell me you didn't start this thread NOT to cause trouble when the thread title is - "Georgia's Ogletree beat the crap out of Crowell in practice." You were making exaggerations before you even got to your "questions."

Wrong. The title of the thread is a question. The first sentence of the thread is "Is this true?"

Two questions, then the twitter quote and me questioning the source (Georgia players verified the incident according to the source, but it does not say how they verified it). Punches being thrown during practice is not a good thing in my opinion. Getting extra physical and hitting hard while following the rules of the game is a great thing, but throwing punches is bad sportsmanship and immature. Again this is in my opinion, and I still don't really know what happened during this particular incident, so I'm not saying anything about either player or UGA in general.

Oh for lanekiffin.gifs sake.... y'all have fun. I ain't even gonna play along with this retardation. Yes, we're having open melee's during practice. The players are now carrying shivs. Team full of thugs. No unity whatsoever. The wheels are falling off.

That what you wanted to hear?

Jesus christ.

so when richt screws this year up is he going to get the boot then?

Wow, I would be concerned if I were a Georgia fan. All these shenanigans in the off-season cannot be good for team chemistry :trollface: lolz

The biggest issue I have with this actually has nothing to do with the fight...it's that the one kid let the story out on twitter and used exaggerated descriptives such as "body slams" and "punches face into the ground". He's gotta learn that this ain't high school and you can't just go mouthing off on Twitter about skirmishes in practice. All it does is put your future coaches in hot water and have to deal with questions.

The biggest issue I have with this actually has nothing to do with the fight...it's that the one kid let the story out on twitter and used exaggerated descriptives such as "body slams" and "punches face into the ground". He's gotta learn that this ain't high school and you can't just go mouthing off on Twitter about skirmishes in practice. All it does is put your future coaches in hot water and have to deal with questions.

That kid ended up committing to Clemson...go figure.

Wow HNB you are reaching new levels for even your homer arse...

The way this springs starting off after Richt goes 8-4 this year will he be back on the hot seat or extending his contract? Throwing punches with your own teammates or the opponent for that matter isn't the way champions are made.

Wow HNB you are reaching new levels for even your homer arse...

The way this springs starting off after Richt goes 8-4 this year will he be back on the hot seat or extending his contract? Throwing punches with your own teammates or the opponent for that matter isn't the way champions are made.

Because I'm sure there has never been a punch thrown in a practice held by the Lord Almighty himself, Saban.

Oh for :lanekiffin:s sake.... y'all have fun. I ain't even gonna play along with this retardation. Yes, we're having open melee's during practice. The players are now carrying shivs. Team full of thugs. No unity whatsoever. The wheels are falling off.

That what you wanted to hear?

Jesus christ.

I also read where many of the team are engaging in riding down one-way streets the wrong way on their scooters.

Thugs.....

Because I'm sure there has never been a punch thrown in a practice held by the Lord Almighty himself, Saban.

Probably not or I've never heard of it but of course Sabans teams don't have to resort to cheap shots and dirty play to beat Vandy either.