• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoldenRebel

New AD named

29 posts in this topic

I don't really know what to say about this, seems kinda meh like the coaching hire but he seems like a young(ish) energetic guy.

I thought it was going to be Michael Thompson?

Honestly, I've never heard of this guy. I decided months ago that I'd be better off not keeping up with the hiring process of anything related to Ole Miss.

THANK GOD. This is awesome. It really is.

We avoided Walker Jones and the other GOB's. And this guy has been all over the country with other big programs and has no ties to Ole Miss. Young and energetic as well. This is great news, trust me.

No ties to Ole Miss is probably the best thing for ya'll. It's really alot like what we did when we hired Byrne. Hopefully ya'll have similar (but not too good) of results.

No ties to Ole Miss is probably the best thing for ya'll. It's really alot like what we did when we hired Byrne. Hopefully ya'll have similar (but not too good) of results.

-_____________-

Don't say such a thing

Something tells me Dan Jones through up his middle finger while hitting the hire button

Something tells me Dan Jones through up his middle finger while hitting the hire button

To the fans?

To the fans?

Nah, the GOBs pulling his coat tail everyday

I am so happy right now. Pete Boone good riddance and may you recieve a nice sweeping kick to the nads if you ever step on the campus again once you're gone.

I hope this guy works out for you.Boone needed to go. :thumbu:

Sounds like the AD wasn't going in a direction that the Board and Alumni wanted. So bring in the outsider with no ties to the University and who doesn't have a problem cutting loose coaches that don't perform. Sounds like an energetic "Lets git her done" type of guy that probably has a list of needed impovements in policy, personel and facilties and will probably be out fund raising for an "Improved Ole Miss"

looks like yall got the youth part down which is a must in this quickly evolving landscape. i see a possible power struggle for the old-era archie guys and the new modern thinkers....gear up, but it looks like a good hire.

FCN's thoughts:

1. The New AD may have been named, but expect Boone to hang around until April at least. (retirement money goes up in April)

2. As J-Dawg mentioned, having a young AD is always great.

3. As BBN4L mentioned, Bjork has no ties to the GOB. Should be good news for Ole Miss fans.

4. Being as how Boone will probably hang around until April, who will handle the Basketball coaching hiring/contract renegotiation? Bjork or Boone?

5. Bjorks first order of business should be repealing these gay-arse rules about beer like at Swayze/Grove. I had my beer in a huggie for 2 innings tonigh, then some d-bag rent-a--cop comes along and says find a cup for it. I'm used to it (like every year), but it's :lanekiffin: ing bs. Just let us have the :lanekiffin: ing beer in a huggie or a can. JFC. I'm 24 damn years old, I have no need to hide my damn beer.

6. I hope there is a thorough purging of the Boone-era rent-a-cops. Never in my life have I seen such worthless and d-bag individuals.

7. lulz at his last name.

looks like yall got the youth part down which is a must in this quickly evolving landscape. i see a possible power struggle for the old-era archie guys and the new modern thinkers....gear up, but it looks like a good hire.

archie picked him so it may be an easier path than we think.

Ole miss finally got it right. And started to get rid of the GOB network. Feels great

So.... is it pronounced "Bah-JORK"?

Lulz that was my first guess.

Its Bee-York

So.... is it pronounced "Bah-JORK"?

I like it. You dogs can be funny. You know good and well you wouldn't pronounce it right even if it were smith. ha ha