Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benny

Davis Wade Expansion Update

125 posts in this topic

let there be brick:

image_zps379193eb.jpg

image_zps4e4423fe.jpg

that looks awesome.....its amazing what a little brick and trim can do.

null_zps2a2ab81b.jpg

this facade looks legit!

null_zpsca42cd29.jpg

null_zps7d2017fe.jpg

null_zps87d76aa9.jpg

null_zps8f7899ab.jpg

sorry to keep posting a pic every time a new column goes up, but here are some new ones.....

7461611c30b0b2a9552ac3c50747817126477328.JPG

a6026dd16b326b23bdea0a564c41e75463f38be5.JPG

west side renovation:

aa5260f1e8393bd3b82a0554da9f022afa160a42.JPG

7f53677a12f73d53b8e0b70ca68e58a072183ec8.JPG

(looks like new concrete is going in on the ramps too)

so glad we decided to go bigger than the clemson ez....this looked nice at the time, but what we are gonna have will be so much better. i cant wait to see it.

sorry to keep posting a pic every time a new column goes up, but here are some new ones.....

7461611c30b0b2a9552ac3c50747817126477328.JPG

a6026dd16b326b23bdea0a564c41e75463f38be5.JPG

west side renovation:

aa5260f1e8393bd3b82a0554da9f022afa160a42.JPG

7f53677a12f73d53b8e0b70ca68e58a072183ec8.JPG

(looks like new concrete is going in on the ramps too)

so glad we decided to go bigger than the clemson ez....this looked nice at the time, but what we are gonna have will be so much better. i cant wait to see it.

Are they still anticipating being ready to roll by the 1st home game?

the student only section should be available....so im thinking that the section that is there and possibly the one above it will comprise the student section....not sure though. they are moving pretty damn fast and with all the preformed concrete, building the supports pretty much meaning most of it will be complete. they seem to be putting in whole sections fairly quickly, that said, we will still have a good deal of construction going on by kickoff.

think about this, they were removing ez temporary bleachers in mid november....so it wont be in its finished state if they do have it ready for kickoff in 83 days, but the majority of meaningful structure mostly will (with regard to the lower sections)....most lower structure should be up (im no engineer, so that just a guess) and after the season is over, i suspect the upper will be going up along with all the finishes that should make the stadium sparkle and push it in the elite status even for our conference (obviously, not numbers wise, but certainly quality wise).....62k of your closest bulldawg fans....cant wait.

just as a frame of reference, here is what the west exterior will look like (this pic is always a little difficult to find, so ill just put it here)

davis-wade-stadium-west-side.jpg

its going to be a beautiful night when we host the mustard buzzards for kickoff 2014....its going to be electric.

the student only section should be available....so im thinking that the section that is there and possibly the one above it will comprise the student section....not sure though. they are moving pretty damn fast and with all the preformed concrete, building the supports pretty much meaning most of it will be complete. they seem to be putting in whole sections fairly quickly, that said, we will still have a good deal of construction going on by kickoff.

think about this, they were removing ez temporary bleachers in mid november....so it wont be in its finished state if they do have it ready for kickoff in 83 days, but the majority of meaningful structure mostly will (with regard to the lower sections)....most lower structure should be up (im no engineer, so that just a guess) and after the season is over, i suspect the upper will be going up along with all the finishes that should make the stadium sparkle and push it in the elite status even for our conference (obviously, not numbers wise, but certainly quality wise).....62k of your closest bulldawg fans....cant wait.

just as a frame of reference, here is what the west exterior will look like (this pic is always a little difficult to find, so ill just put it here)

davis-wade-stadium-west-side.jpg

its going to be a beautiful night when we host the mustard buzzards for kickoff 2014....its going to be electric.

Do you think it will curtail ticket sales due to the fact that having construction going on could potentially be a massive liability? Will they try to keep people away from the areas where work is being done in other words, thus limiting sales.

Do you think it will curtail ticket sales due to the fact that having construction going on could potentially be a massive liability? Will they try to keep people away from the areas where work is being done in other words, thus limiting sales.

this is only the opinion of a random internet guy, but i would suppose that they would push and meet certain benchmarks, but once a certain time period got close, they would shut things down, put things on hold, and spend the rest of the off-season eliminating all of the liability issues and making everything safe for those who sit on in the ez. things like railings, quarantined sections, safety infrastructure, securing overheads, things like that. i suspect that would take 2 or 3 weeks to do, but that is totally a guess...plus, they would have to spend some time getting the area cleaned up and polished for the areas that ARE accessible for students and places that will be seen on tv. just a guess though.

There's no way to get everything finished by kickoff and that's always been the case. Too big a project. I'd bet there are already provisions in the plan to do things piecmeal in a modular fashion.

Wait, all that is supposed to be done in time for this season?

Ignore me.

who said that ?

no, it has always been planned the grand opening is for kickoff 2014, however, because the bleachers were removed in the endzone, so in order to make up the capacity gap, the lower bowl is, and should be completed by the end of the off season. from what i can tell, people could watch from the lower ez now.

BQccJmACYAARPxG.jpg

(new concourses, concessions, and restrooms....looks badass)

800x600.jpg

4ong.jpg

1dge.jpg

wow, looks like its comin up fast...I wish it would be this season.

the first level (above the field level club) is now complete with concrete. it now stretches from east to west. also, the railings and seats have been going in over the last week.

320x240.jpg

Things are really starting to happen quickly. signs for restrooms, concessions, the plaza is putting in its fence, the nez got concrete from east to west, bleachers going in in nez, elevators getting additional brickwork, stair entrance near plaza going in.....lots of awesome stuff going on.

also, i think we should call the stadium "the Q", since it has that appearance from the air and really will when we bowl in the south ez. the bulldog club has a great gallery and have put up some recent pics.

http://msubulldogclub.com/reseating/gallery/#CONSTRUCTION

Things are really starting to happen quickly. signs for restrooms, concessions, the plaza is putting in its fence, the nez got concrete from east to west, bleachers going in in nez, elevators getting additional brickwork, stair entrance near plaza going in.....lots of awesome stuff going on.

also, i think we should call the stadium "the Q", since it has that appearance from the air and really will when we bowl in the south ez. the bulldog club has a great gallery and have put up some recent pics.

http://msubulldogclu...y/#CONSTRUCTION

I think "The Q" is a good idea.

As my first duty as a mod, I pinned this thread for future reference. Especially with the new video stricklin put out today...

i simply dont see how they can erect another elevator before kickoff at dws on september 7th in addition to everything else they have to do.

oh, and congrats on mod-hood.

1024x768.jpg?135

Is this the most recent update?

I can't wait to see what A&M and Missouri get underway.

1024x768.jpg?135

Is this the most recent update?

I can't wait to see what A&M and Missouri get underway.

it is. its going to look really nice. the pre-forms are going in as the upper deck supports continue to go in.

here is an new release pic of the stadium rendering.

QRWEVGYLGHGTQZQ.20140116220940.jpg

• zartan
      there seems to be a lot of bad will going around on this site lately     i like it
    • L.A.Hog
      ya'll got one going..
    • dawgbit
      Also will never tell you it's got a headache when you get a few beers in you and decide to throw some meat in it...   I bought a Kamado knockoff a few years ago and love it. My egg didn't survive the move back to Mississippi and I just couldn't pull the trigger on another. For big grillin and smoking I built my own out of an old propane tank cut down by 1/3rd. Can do about ten Boston butts at a time. Smoked a half-dozen and pulled them for the fire dept and ems this past Wednesday. Did 24 half chickens at once last fall. Drawback is it takes a pile of charcoal to get it hot and keep it going.
    • cocky4ever
      Been way too long but we finally got a 5* commitment. Obviously a long way to go but hopefully we can hold on to him. This class really could end up being something special. https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/five-star-defensive-end-zacch-pickens-commits-to-gamecocks   The state's top overall prospect decided not to wait. Originally planning to make his decision towards the end of his senior season, Anderson (S.C.) T.L. Hanna class of 2019 five-star defensive end  Zacch Pickens  committed to South Carolina Friday, according to sources at his spring game.   It was a team recruiting effort from the Gamecocks as head coach Will Muschamp, defensive line coach Lance Thompson, defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson and linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler all had a strong role in landing the nation's No. 16 overall prospect. Pickens was last on South Carolina's campus earlier this spring for a cookout event. Pickens, considered the No. 3 strongside defensive end in the country by Rivals, chooses South Carolina over offers from Alabama, Florida State, Clemson, Georgia, Nebraska, North Carolina, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and West Forest.  It was believed throughout the process that Clemson and Georgia were the two other top contenders. Pickens is the 12th commitment to Carolina's 2019 class.       This commitment bumps us up to #8 for the time being.      
    • cocky4ever
      Go back and read the article and it’s obvious. McCain can summon congress to work on a bipartisan healthcare bill? How long has he had to work on it? And what did he do, cast his vote to spit in the face of the bill he and republicans had all that time to work on. He can pass tax reform to create jobs? That’s already been done. He can continue his leadership on immigration reform and global warming? Just lol. Just admit that McCain spoke out against Trump on some issues so now he’s a hero to you when you wouldn’t have given him a second thought otherwise. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      nova
      nova
    4. 4
      bbqit