Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benny

Davis Wade Expansion Update

125 posts in this topic

check out stricklin's tweater.......got some great picks of the west side getting gutted with new pics of the concrete piers going up.....also, check out the practice facility. its nearing completion and looks awesome.

https://twitter.com/stricklinMSU

'Croots always take a liking to facilities and such. I sure as hell hope the football facility being opened within the next month will help us close on some last second good recruits. It sure as hell can't hurt.

for those that havent seen it, here is the new practice field:

BGZdZr7CIAI7W4a.jpg

and here is a link with several construction pics of the reno and expansion for those that didnt see in on sps last week. looks pretty damn good....im happy with the progress and the fact that they are largely starting from scratch regarding the stadium innards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qg7x2djp0gmzxty/DWS%20Expansion.pdf

got a crane on location.

BA0ttyDCQAAd6yL.jpg

Is this a picture of a cold day in hell?

you can really start to see the footprint of the expansion with the west ez tower going up parallel to the street....looking forward to seeing it action.

aerial_davis_wade.jpg

actually, this is one of the old renderings....here is the correct one:

stadiumexp_revised_1.jpg

It's gonna be hoppin. Hopefully it will regain it's place as a really loud tough place to play. Mostly we just need a good football team

how many seats are they adding exactly?

I think the expansion will add around 10k, but they removed 2-3k of existing..... so I think capacity will be bumped from 55k to around 62k.

No troll, but I thought y'all really were supposed to exceed our capacity?

No troll, but I thought y'all really were supposed to exceed our capacity?

The Vaught has an official capacity of 60,580. I believe the renovated DWS will be around 62k. You do the math.

It looks....upscale.

Like F$U or Tennessee now with the new bricks.

anybody with a genespage account wanna post the pics of the update taken on 4/12/13? maybe in the private group if its a privacy issue....thats one thing the dude does well.....stalk buildings. his practice facility pics didnt require a subscription, but the renovation/expansion does.

also, the terrace area, how many people yall think we can fit up there? an extra k or so? is that intended to be like an in-stadium tailgating area? that would be tits.

Ah I was thinking ours was 62k for some reason

I think that's ya'lls record attendance, which normally will exceed the capacity by a couple K. Ours is like 57 or 58 something, regardless of a 55 capacity.

view from the ez and some of the underbelly of the west side:

BHrlkgXCAAIPWp5.jpg

• zartan
      It's funny black guy acts like a thug, carries a gun, gets killed by law enforcement, you smile but somehow you are all gonna be a senior citizen version of Rambo when confronted by the authorities  
    • zartan
      I dunno you tell us im sure that is your search criteria on Tinder
    • zartan
      I think the simplest indicator is the popular vote, which you lost by 3 million  how come Hillary actually paid a price for calling people deplorables, but nothing happens to Trump for anything he says? because conservatives are phony amoral hypocrites
    • WDavE
      But for the most part we're better armed....
    • smokeyone
      Zartan is slowly moving to the right end of the spectrum, he just enjoys the troll life
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      cocky4ever