Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benny

Davis Wade Expansion Update

125 posts in this topic

Hell yeah. I didn't realize they had already started work.

thats actually a great perspective as to why the endzone couldnt be straight due to the road. gonna be a fun offseason. this expansion may be the only thing that gets me through basketball season.

and so it begins.....construction starting ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAIL STATE......bowlin dis bitch out.

and so it begins.....construction starting ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAIL STATE......bowlin dis bitch out.

So what is the stadium going to look like next year? It's not going to be completed untile the year after next right?

or what will the endzone look like i should say*

good question.....i suppose we will be losing all the endzone seating we currently have or i guess the other option would be to build like crazy to get the lower part done and ready by next season and finish the small upper deck and premium seats and lounges by '14.....if i recall correctly, the southern miss game was supposed to be the first game with the expansion completed. it will be interesting to see how the do it.

It's gonna be nice and well deserved. My home town has the business that will create a color by number stencil for ya to use in the end zones and 50 yd line. They do most colleges and pro teams. Maybe they will leak what it is for me. It would be cool if yall could add something nobody else has. Something that can be used just before the game. Maybe something like a cattle gate so you could run cattle thru the stadium just before the teams run out from the locker rooms. Just a thought.

I believe the metal bleachers will be replaced by permanent concrete seating this offseason and the west concourses will be redone. Then the luxury seats that go on top of the endzone as well as the brick work around the stadium will be done throughout next season and the next offseason.

Nice to see that state is expanding. Reminds me a lot of what they are going to do with VHS up in Oxford.

post-24191-0-49609900-1353424917.jpg

Don't you need demand to expand a stadium? :trollface:

We do have demand, but realize that was planned back in 09 when tickets were pretty hard to find and every game was sold out.

Yeah man, we have a long term plan too.

UVOVKFCWDPBOIGO.20110504162409.jpg

The only expansion that's happening anytime soon is our endzone.

Very nice! Miss State is making the State of Mississippi proud in a lot of ways. Keep it up.

Nice to see both of the MS SEC schools are making things a bit nicer

Nice to see both of the MS SEC schools are making things a bit nicer

I haven't seen a timeframe on when Ole Miss will actually begin construction? Has that been announced or is it still in the planning stages?

We had renders of the new stadium several years ago as well but nothing got started until we actually got the money.

I haven't seen a timeframe on when Ole Miss will actually begin construction? Has that been announced or is it still in the planning stages?

We had renders of the new stadium several years ago as well but nothing got started until we actually got the money.

There are several fundraisers going on, it might not get started for a while because the first part of that plan is to replace the ancient Tad Pad with a new stadium. Then we will bowl in the north end zone after that.

Nice to see that state is expanding. Reminds me a lot of what they are going to do with VHS up in Oxford.

are they gonna tear down the library annex, ticket office, field house, rebel shop etc, athletic support thing? looks like the only thing on that side of the road behind the pharmacy school and biology building are stadium anchored. hows that supposed to work out?

There are several fundraisers going on, it might not get started for a while because the first part of that plan is to replace the ancient Tad Pad with a new stadium. Then we will bowl in the north end zone after that.

Gotcha, so it's more in line with our long term plan range.

are they gonna tear down the library annex, ticket office, field house, rebel shop etc, athletic support thing? looks like the only thing on that side of the road behind the pharmacy school and biology building are stadium anchored. hows that supposed to work out?

"Vaught-Hemingway's northern side would get a well-overdue and much needed face lift with this project's second phase (during the first phase, the updates to VHS will be rather minimal, but necessary). The north endzone's new entrance will be similar to that of the south endzone, and will feature a club seating, pavilion areas, and an Ole Miss sports Hall of Fame. The Powetron will, sadly, be taken down in favor of high definition scoreboards in the corners of the stadium (a la Bryant-Denney), but the bowled in field should enhance the stadium's acoustics and put the capacity at something a bit over 70K. The outside area of the north endzone, currently a parking lot and the StarnesAthletic Center, will house what has been described as an Ole Miss football "plaza". The idea will ultimately be to sufficiently connect the Grove with the stadium byway of walking paths, landscaping, and other aesthetic upgrades. They even plan to extend the Walk Of Champions beyond the Grove, taking it all of the way to the front door of VHS."

that would be badazz

I believe the metal bleachers will be replaced by permanent concrete seating this offseason and the west concourses will be redone. Then the luxury seats that go on top of the endzone as well as the brick work around the stadium will be done throughout next season and the next offseason.

That may be the way that ends up going. The word we got at practice on Monday was that, if construction goes along as planned, the band'll be sitting in the new corner by the student section next year, since they're expecting to have enough of that done for us to sit thereby then. So I'd expect they'll be getting on building the actual new seating itself fairly soon, since the temp bleachers are already going down.