Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benny

Davis Wade Expansion Update

125 posts in this topic

barr is a problem.....the weird angle still grinds my gears a little, but if it is mirrored on the other side, i guess it will be ok......overall, im happy with the interior and the exterior is the look i want but the angle is a little frunky.....but i like the direction of how it is progressing. cant wait to break ground.....ill be super pumped seeing those cranes build onward and upward. and benny, im sure we will eventually hit 80k +.....its just how it works.....the population of mississippi will double in a hand-full of decades and those cats will all be looking for somewhere to get edumacated and such. the state of mississippi is at the bottom of the barrel in many ways, but there is only one way to go for us and it is up. well get there one day.

I just wonder what problems the Mullen-haters will have with our new upgrades? Prob won't be good enough.

I keed, I keed.

Bump.. this looks good as hell from the inside. Still don't like that asymmetry outside.

dwsexpansion2.jpg

dwsexpansion.jpg

Also that new jumbotron is even bigger than the current one.

I just wonder what problems the Mullen-haters will have with our new upgrades? Prob won't be good enough.

I keed, I keed.

enclose it with a condom. one is enough

Bump.. this looks good as hell from the inside. Still don't like that asymmetry outside.

dwsexpansion2.jpg

dwsexpansion.jpg

Also that new jumbotron is even bigger than the current one.

Over compensating I see, someone at state has a size issue ;)

From the inside, it looks a lot like Jordan-Hare Stadium...the high upper decks on the east and west sides and the sharp-turned corners puts you really close to the field. It's very nice.

The asymmetrical configuration on the exterior is kind of funky, but in a way it'll give your stadium a quirky trademark. Either way, State is moving on up. This definitely looks like a nice venue to take in an SEC football game.

Over compensating I see, someone at state has a size issue ;)

Nah. Unlike some teams in our fair state, we have more fans than we do room. ;)

once completed, we will go from one of the worst to middle of the pack....and once the west side is re-done with concessions and restroom overhaul, its going to be one of the nicest.

lanekiffin.gif yeah........

end of 2012 season, but they are trying to get it going as early as possible.

Its nice. yall deserve to enjoy some of the finer things in life now and then. i just wonder which sec stadium will do like philly does first? they have a jail cell in the basement complete with a judge and courtroom. you can get arrested before half, post bail and not miss the fourth quarter.

Stricklin has said the first game in the renovated stadium will be the Southern Miss game in '14...

Which booster is gonna pay for the big fancy maroon tarp that covers all the empty seats?

Which booster is gonna pay for the big fancy maroon tarp that covers all the empty seats?

Demand has far out-stripped supply for tickets since Mullen got here. If we build it, they will come. I can almost gurantee it.

1015521_o.gif

your trying way too hard.

your trying way too hard.

I'm just saying. I've seen it at Arkansas. We expanded and never sell out the non SEC games. It looks bad to see the empty seats. I'd be suprised if MSU adds 15K seats and can automatically fill them all.

I'm just saying. I've seen it at Arkansas. We expanded and never sell out the non SEC games. It looks bad to see the empty seats. I'd be suprised if MSU adds 15K seats and can automatically fill them all.

Thing is, the net increase in seats is only going to be about 7 or 8 thousand.. to 63k-ish. They'll have to remove those bleachers which'll take out like 5k seats and the new addition will have 12-15k seats. A lot of it will be premium seating, for which there has been a waiting list twice the capacity for like a decade now. That part won't be a problem to sell out, and that's what will drive most of the funds to pay for the expansion. Also, we have like 5k or so students who have wanted tickets and couldn't get them in recent years. I'm sure they'll sell 2-3k more student tickets too.

I honestly don't envision a problem filling out the new stadium.

19 straight sellouts or something, enrollment over 20k, and a huge demand for premium seating, the demand is there.

brick being put up on the interior. its amazing what a little brick will do. that really ties in well with the new brick/iron fence, new sidewalks, etc.

Ar2bFYlCMAEkw7O_large.jpg

20120716-132452.jpg

AzFXxrICQAEUsyJ.jpg

i have wanted these updates for so long. they were such simple updates that would really elevate the image of the program and now they are getting done. for those that havent heard, they are also recentering the field and goalposts which was always something that stuck out. brick that bad boy out, expand, upgrade, renovate.....things that have been needed at msu for a long time. it looks like our administrators are committed to investing in the team after being a bunch of penny pinchers for decades.

It's really hard to overstate what a couple of seasons of winning will do for a program. We are moving from being little better than an eyesore to about to open one of the finest football only facilities in the nation. When JWS took this job in 1991, he was only making $75,000 a year. Imagine now that Mullen is bumping $3,000,000. It's unbelievable what winning will do.

It's really hard to overstate what a couple of seasons of winning will do for a program. We are moving from being little better than an eyesore to about to open one of the finest football only facilities in the nation. When JWS took this job in 1991, he was only making $75,000 a year. Imagine now that Mullen is bumping $3,000,000. It's unbelievable what winning will do.

Just think if we sustain some winning and become a 7-9 win team every year.

Just think if we sustain some winning and become a 7-9 win team every year.

really, its not that hard for us to do. just quit scheduling oregon, ga tech, ok lite, and west virginia and insert teams like la tech, uab, memphis, and alcorn. people always will and should always bitch when we have the ooc schedule we have but its not like we were getting many props when we were playing the number one sos in the country for multiple years in a row....usually instead of saying "congrats" they were pointing and laughing. now we have turned their laughter into complaining. let em' hate and watch the money pile up.