• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benny

Davis Wade Expansion Update

125 posts in this topic

Construction to begin in 2012.

This looks pretty badass.

Bulldogs steppin' up.

Bulldogs steppin' up.

Halfway to Bryant-Denny. :trollface: not really. Although I wouldn't mind if we built a Bryant-Denny on our campus.

dumb lanekiffin.gifing army computer that requires lanekiffin.gifing admin privileges to update installed software, can't see s--t!!!!! :cursing:

Would make a huge difference to bowl in that one side.

The mock-up reminds me a little of Washington's stadium- without the stupid track.

dumb :lanekiffin:ing army computer that requires :lanekiffin:ing admin privileges to update installed software, can't see s--t!!!!! :cursing:

The State of Mississippi is fairly lenient. Actually.... Friday is basically a holiday.

Halfway to Bryant-Denny. :trollface: not really. Although I wouldn't mind if we built a Bryant-Denny on our campus.

It's interesting you brought BDS up. This expansion reminds me of the one we did several years back when we changed our north endzone. We added the massive brickface to the exterior similarly to how MSU plans to do it. It made all the difference in the world. Gave our stadium a "front door", as Mal Moore put it.

This would move MSU from having one of the more boring stadiums in the SEC to one of the more charming/refreshing ones. It wouldn't be as big as BDS, Tiger Stadium, etc, but the Horseshoe concept with the gigantic jumbotron in the south endzone would give Davis Wade a trademark look.

This would move MSU from having one of the more boring stadiums in the SEC to one of the more charming/refreshing ones. It wouldn't be as big as BDS, Tiger Stadium, etc, but the Horseshoe concept with the gigantic jumbotron in the south endzone would give Davis Wade a trademark look.

Actually the long term plans they've floated show the mootube going away, replaced with 4 individually smaller screens in the stadium "corners"

Hell I like it, would be a bad ass refreshing look to add to some great SEC stadiums.

This is a great first step towards getting a stadium like Tiger Stadium or BDS, and a great start to building our program to being more of a consistent winner.

I kind of like having MooTube in that other endzone with the Seal building with just a few seats around them to connect them to the side grandstands. We don't need anymore than 70-80k seats.. probably ever.

A few things I didn't notice the first time:

-in the endzone, there is like a dugout thing that says Mississippi State on top of it just like the endzone. See pics 2,3.

-there is also a little terrace above the endzone for tailgating tents. That's pretty awesome, and something new that I haven't seen elsewhere.

-the new video board looks about as big as mootube.

-the bricking is identical to the new basketball practice facility and the new football one also. looks good.

I like that a LOT. Especially the kind of open tailgating type area up top.

The only thing I don't like is that the brick facade behind the endzone seats facing the road isn't perpendicular to the direction the field runs. It's tangent to the endzone seats, but it's kind of on an angle. Look at the last picture. The new videoboard runs parallel to mootube, but the brick facade does not. Probably some architectural reason, because there is a road that runs behind it very closely. But still.. I prefer symmetry and rectangles instead of trapezoids.

The more I look at it, the more that looks to be a major rework of not just the stadium but the entire vicinity. I just don't see how you can do that and still have those roads open to vehicle traffic.

My bet is they'll use this as part of the push to become a predominantly pedestrian campus...

Probably some architectural reason, because there is a road that runs behind it very closely. But still.. I prefer symmetry and rectangles instead of trapezoids.

It looks like if you rotated the facade to be parallel to mootube 1 and mootube 2, you would most assuredly have to eliminate Barr rd in line with the above...

That's tight. I have to say that I am thrilled with the new look. I am tired of DWS being one of the "weaker" stadiums in the conference. Also, recruits love stuff like this. Kids won't to play places like that.

It looks like if you rotated the facade to be parallel to mootube 1 and mootube 2, you would most assuredly have to eliminate Barr rd in line with the above...

That is my thinking also. Still, I don't like it. But I reckon I'll get used to it.

That is my thinking also. Still, I don't like it. But I reckon I'll get used to it.

The upshot is that it gives more interior stadium room with that little courtyard for who knows what. I'm anxious to see what the plan for that is.

That concourse area would be a hell of an awesome place to watch an SEC football game.

looks good....interesting to see how it all turns up. that angle is a little goofy benny, but it may not be noticeable from ground level. im interested to see how that works out.

barr is a problem.....the weird angle still grinds my gears a little, but if it is mirrored on the other side, i guess it will be ok......overall, im happy with the interior and the exterior is the look i want but the angle is a little frunky.....but i like the direction of how it is progressing. cant wait to break ground.....ill be super pumped seeing those cranes build onward and upward. and benny, im sure we will eventually hit 80k +.....its just how it works.....the population of mississippi will double in a hand-full of decades and those cats will all be looking for somewhere to get edumacated and such. the state of mississippi is at the bottom of the barrel in many ways, but there is only one way to go for us and it is up. well get there one day.

• jacobp
    • TheRealBrave
      And you keep mistaking me for some ardent Trump fan. Don't know how many times I have to tell you, I voted for Kasich and loved when Mitt Romney tore Trump apart   I am about as far from a protectionist as you will find
    • TheRealBrave
      LSU has this easily, Locke hasn't faced a defense anywhere near LSU's level yet. LSU 24 Mizzou 10
    • L.A.Hog
      Exactly, he tells you what you want to hear.With no plan to follow.... But he'll reveal it soon...afrer all, its only two months til election..he'll let us know pretty soon, I reckon, what his plan is.... but that wall is the plan, millions of dollars that will be pissed off before construction, then billions to build it and we pay for it.When I say we,i don't include trump because he don't pay taxes.He's a rich welfare baby.... screw that deadbeat bitch...
    • smokeyone
      Maybe it's been so long since we have seen a candidate with a clue we don't recognize them anymore.  Boarders, Standards (law), and Culture. The fundamental essence of a nation. As it stands the system has all but removed them from this dying once great nation. Nobody respects them anymore. No one want to acknowledge they matter. Hell Trump wasn't my first or second choice but he has the message we need to hear
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator