• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElephanTideis

Can Santorum catch Romney?

81 posts in this topic

I certainly hope not .......

Adding Alabama and Mississippi to the list of morons. Arkansas will probably be on there eventually.

This candidate pool (with one exception) is the most worthless collection of teets I've ever seen

Santorum doesn't have to catch Romney--all he has to do is keep Romney from getting 1144 delegates.

I'll never be able to figure out why people are voting for this lanekiffin.gifing jackwagon. And it pisses me off everytime I hear how "conservative" he is.

I'll never be able to figure out why people are voting for this :lanekiffin:ing jackwagon. And it pisses me off everytime I hear how "conservative" he is.

pictureofaGoldChromecross3.gif

Not to be a dick but that about sums it up

pictureofaGoldChromecross3.gif

Not to be a dick but that about sums it up

As a Christian I find this very disturbing.

Santorum can't catch Romney. But he can destroy Romney guaranteeing that Obama wins in November, which is in Satnroum's best interest. (Romney wins = president window for Santorum closes till at least 2020; Obama beats Romney = Santorum sitting in the cat bird seat for 2016.)

I'll never be able to figure out why people are voting for this :lanekiffin:ing jackwagon. And it pisses me off everytime I hear how "conservative" he is.

It's the GOP's own fault. They assaulted every other candidate that posed a threat to Romney until the only one left was Santorum. Now Santorum is getting all the votes that would have gone to the Herman Cain's, the Rick Perry's, etc.... because nobody wanted Romney shoved down their throats. Instead of listening to the people, the GOP picked Romney as their guy a long time ago and went on the offensive against his competition. Santorum seemed like the least of their concerns, but now that he's THE ONLY competition, he stands a legitimate chance.

I'm tired of having to decide the better of 2 evils every 4 years. What is wrong with the American voter nowadays? I think that people need to take a test to vote, just to make sure they're smart enough to know what they're voting for -_-

It's the GOP's own fault. They assaulted every other candidate that posed a threat to Romney until the only one left was Santorum. Now Santorum is getting all the votes that would have gone to the Herman Cain's, the Rick Perry's, etc.... because nobody wanted Romney shoved down their throats. Instead of listening to the people, the GOP picked Romney as their guy a long time ago and went on the offensive against his competition. Santorum seemed like the least of their concerns, but now that he's THE ONLY competition, he stands a legitimate chance.

I agree, but it also speaks to the minds (and intelligence) of certain areas of GOP voters. I mean, I knew the base was behind the times, I just didn't realize they were in the 1800s. But I guess if hating gays, wanting to bomb Iran, and forcing women back into the home is what you want, then this douchebag may be your guy.

I would be happy if voters had to prove they were citizens before voting.

I'm tired of having to decide the better of 2 evils every 4 years. What is wrong with the American voter nowadays? I think that people need to take a test to vote, just to make sure they're smart enough to know what they're voting for -_-

I wrote one of my first poli/sci papers on this very topic, and the prof tried to laugh me out of the classroom until she saw that most of the class agreed with me.

I agree, but it also speaks to the minds (and intelligence) of certain areas of GOP voters. I mean, I knew the base was behind the times, I just didn't realize they were in the 1800s. But I guess if hating gays, wanting to bomb Iran, and forcing women back into the home is what you want, then this douchebag may be your guy.

To be honest, I like Santorum's platform just fine. Better than Romney's. And I'm not too concerned about his socially ultra-conservative views because they're never going to be manifested in any kind of policy. The abortion debate is a sideshow to the real issues. The problem is, independents and women WILL be concerned by it, and I don't believe Santorum can beat Obama because of that.

By the way, it is in the constituition that voters can be required to take a literacy test before being allowed to vote.

© employ any literacy test as a qualification for voting in any election unless

(i) such test is administered to each individual and is conducted wholly in writing, and

<a name="a_2_B_C_ii"> (ii) a certified copy of the test and of the answers given by the individual is furnished to him within twenty-five days of the submission of his request made within the period of time during which records and papers are required to be retained and preserved pursuant to title III of the Civil Rights Act of 1960 [42 U.S.C. 1974 et seq.]: Provided, however, That the Attorney General may enter into agreements with appropriate State or local authorities that preparation, conduct, and maintenance of such tests in accordance with the provisions of applicable State or local law, including such special provisions as are necessary in the preparation, conduct, and maintenance of such tests for persons who are blind or otherwise physically handicapped, meet the purposes of this subparagraph and constitute compliance therewith.

Adding Alabama and Mississippi to the list of morons. Arkansas will probably be on there eventually.

I was pretty surprised. Romney took the Jackson area, Gulf coast, MS Delta and Oxford and Starkville. Santorum took all of the more conservative, more rural areas of the state in the east/ northeast parts of the state. Newt took the Hattiesburg area. The only decently populated areas that Santorum got were the Memphis suburbs and Tupelo.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Don't get me wrong - that's not to say I agree with all of his ideas, I'm just speaking strictly from an economical standpoint which to me is the only issue worth voting on in this election. The other issues are factors, but the economy is my main concern. Santorum doesn't have a clue about foreign policy, but most of these guys don't. It seems to me that with all Presidential candidates, regardless of party, they campaign one way when they don't have the facts or the details on the realities, and then when they get in office their ideas are tempered. So, talking tough about Iran is easy when you're trying to appeal to voters. I actually respect Santorum for not hiding from his convictions and sticking to his guns... but I don't agree with him on many of them and ultimately it will make him un-electable.

This is the 1st election I didn't vote in for as long as I can remember. I just never got around to making it to the polls yesterday. However, I would have voted for Romney.

By the way, it is in the constituition that voters can be required to take a literacy test before being allowed to vote.

© employ any literacy test as a qualification for voting in any election unless

(i) such test is administered to each individual and is conducted wholly in writing, and

<a name="a_2_B_C_ii"> (ii) a certified copy of the test and of the answers given by the individual is furnished to him within twenty-five days of the submission of his request made within the period of time during which records and papers are required to be retained and preserved pursuant to title III of the Civil Rights Act of 1960 [42 U.S.C. 1974 et seq.]: Provided, however, That the Attorney General may enter into agreements with appropriate State or local authorities that preparation, conduct, and maintenance of such tests in accordance with the provisions of applicable State or local law, including such special provisions as are necessary in the preparation, conduct, and maintenance of such tests for persons who are blind or otherwise physically handicapped, meet the purposes of this subparagraph and constitute compliance therewith.

This government won't force people to show a photo ID to vote. Proving they can read would be way too much. If Eric Holder had his way, there'd just be a picture of a swastika next to Republican candidates' names and dollar signs by the Democrats.

This.

eSbMf.jpg

This government won't force people to show a photo ID to vote. Proving they can read would be way too much. If Eric Holder had his way, there'd just be a picture of a swastika next to Republican candidates' names and dollar signs by the Democrats.

There must be no uniformity in this regard because I had to show my drivers license at the polls last week. Georgia's new ID's (DL and state ID only) actually have bar codes on them that they scan like they would at the supermarket to identify you in the voter registration system, as well as a holograph, two super-imposed photos of the cardholder (a black and white rendering behind the colort photo) and laser-etched printing. They're virtually impossible to fake.

I remember the elections two years ago though hearing stupid people call up an urban radio station complaining that they were disenfranchised because they wouldn't allow them to vote without a photo ID. So in a way, that's a stupid test in and of itself. If you're too stupid to get a state issued ID before voting, you're too stupid to vote.

This.

eSbMf.jpg

Would y'alll :lanekiffin:ing drop it already? I'm really sick of the Ron Paul drum. He's not relevant in this election and the dogmatic hyperbole is getting really old. We get it, ok? Everyone except Ron Paul spells certain doom and the end of the world for America. Y'all will take your marbles and go home if he isn't the nominee. GOT IT. Now please let the adults discuss our real options.