• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigdaddydog1

Calif. teacher resigns after leaving family for student

30 posts in this topic

Calif. teacher resigns after leaving family for student

120301-teacher-student-relationship-9a.photoblog600.jpg

Debbie Noda / Zuma Press

Enochs High School student Jordan Powers, 18, and James Hooker, 41, a teacher who recently resigned from Enochs High School, talk about their relationship on Feb. 28.

By msnbc.com staff

Modesto police are investigating if there’s a criminal case against a former high school teacher who resigned his job to move into an apartment with an 18-year-old girl he met while teaching.

James Hooker, 41, was placed on administrative leave Feb. 3 by Modesto City Schools and resigned less than three weeks later, according to a report at the Modesto Bee.

The newspaper reports that the man, who had taught business and computer classes, left his wife and children, to move in with Jordan Powers, an Enochs High School senior whom he met when she was a freshman at the school.

Advertise | AdChoices

"In making our choice, we've hurt a lot of people," Hooker told the Bee. "We keep asking ourselves, 'Do we make everyone else happy or do we follow our hearts?' "

Tammie Powers, the student’s mother, told the Bee she believes Hooker pursued her daughter, and cited recent problems with her daughter’s grades and health. Her daugher had panic attacks.

"I believe it was the stress of the lie," Tammie Powers told the newspaper.

Read the original story on The Modesto Bee

Modesto police are trying to determine if there was inappropriate contact between the teacher and the student before she turned 18 in the fall, the Bee reported.

The community of Modesto has largely reacted with shock and disapproval, the newspaper said

The :lanekiffin: ? I would beat my dad's ass. Believe that.

It will probably end up ruining that girls life.

One of my high school teachers whos probably 40 married a student a couple of years ago. She was 2 years younger than me. One of my buddies talked to her his senior year and wanted to date her but she said she couldn't and wouldn't say why. Well when she turned 18, we found out why.

One of my high school teachers whos probably 40 married a student a couple of years ago. She was 2 years younger than me. One of my buddies talked to her his senior year and wanted to date her but she said she couldn't and wouldn't say why. Well when she turned 18, we found out why.

Was that teacher married? I have head people say to trade in for a newer model on cars, but this is kind of extreme.

His wife must be 5'3" 250.

18 isn't old enough to be a legal adult nowadays. It should be moved up to 20 something.

18 isn't old enough to be a legal adult nowadays. It should be moved up to 20 something.

Yeah I can say that at 18 I was not mentally ready for the world.

Yeah I can say that at 18 I was not mentally ready for the world.

Hell....I was a functioning retard.

Kinda messed up that he left his wife and kids, but I don't see any problem with the age thing.

People act like old guys who do that are creepers, but I say it's in our blood from years of evolution. We're designed to be attracted to young healthy females. I would say younger than 17 is kinda messed up though.

That being said I think society as a whole is too quick to renege on their commitments( ie marriage). If you make a promise you should keep it. So I do look down on him for that, but who he left his wife for doesn't really make much of a difference in my book.

A guy in class with me in hs done the exact same thing. Ugly dude fat kind of a nerd in school quit being a teacher and married one of his smokein hot students 18 years younger than him.

Way to traumatize your kids asshole.You must really love yourself a good deal. :thumbd:

Read this today.... this guy f*cks it up for the rest of us male teachers out there.

Btw, I saw he was making $110,000 a year. I need to move to his school district.

Read this today.... this guy f*cks it up for the rest of us male teachers out there.

Btw, I saw he was making $110,000 a year. I need to move to his school district.

I think that's about a years rent for a one bedroom apartment in L.A.

"In making our choice, we've hurt a lot of people," Hooker told the Bee. "We keep asking ourselves, 'Do we make everyone else happy or do we follow our hearts?'

The newspaper reports that the man, who had taught business and computer classes, left his wife and children, to move in with Jordan Powers

Hey asshole, it's not "everyone else," it's your wife and kids, dumbass.

Almost every guy likes younger women but I couldn't imagine trying to make a life together with one. I chased younger women for years my last I was 34 and she was 23 smokein hot I mean smokein... but I couldn't stand to hear another word that bitch had to say. Eleven years doesn't seem like much but maturity level and interest we were decades apart. The arm candy was nice but eventually you have to talk.

Hell....I was a functioning retard.

Was??!?!

You still are!

:trollface: