• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiderinsideher

Alshon Jeffrey

152 posts in this topic

Working out in Indy... weighing in at 249... I see he took the Andre Smith approach to the draft

I have been discussing first round WR's a lot with other Bears fans, it is a position we may address in the first round, if a 1st round grade OT is not available, and I have brought up Alshon a number of times. Most fans there are very dismissive, and want Floyd from ND. This is not gonna help.

I guess it remains to be seen what actual talent evaluators and coaches think...

Actually I've been hearing he is moving up to a middle to late first rounder now.

So weighing in at 250 lbs, running a 4.8 40 and still moving up the boards?

Kids got mad skills.

And still going to be a 1st round pick.

you mad??

So was Andre Smith, turned out well for him....

Something tells me he won't fall past the 49ers.

I have been discussing first round WR's a lot with other Bears fans, it is a position we may address in the first round, if a 1st round grade OT is not available, and I have brought up Alshon a number of times. Most fans there are very dismissive, and want Floyd from ND. This is not gonna help.

I guess it remains to be seen what actual talent evaluators and coaches think...

I can see why they would be hesitant about him. The messed up thing is that he could've earned himself a lot of money just by getting in better shape and shaving some time off of his 40. He's always stayed out of trouble and had a good attitude about things so I'm not sure why his work ethic hasn't been higher, especially considering he probably went into the season knowing he was declaring for the draft this year.

Also read he ran a 4.88 40. I can roll a blunt faster than that

Fast enough to torch Bama's defenders...

This was posted yesterday...

Jeffery has run the 40-yard dash in the mid 4.4’s and is projected to run between a 4.45 and a 4.65 at the NFL scouting combine

Working out in Indy... weighing in at 249... I see he took the Andre Smith approach to the draft

x350.jpg

x350.jpg

Skills.. Making haters hate since 2010.

Fast enough to torch Bama's defenders...

This was posted yesterday...

RT @RookieDraft Alshon Jeffery is training at St Vincents here in Indy. Sources say he's weighing 249lbs + running a 4.88 Forty

x350.jpg

x350.jpg

Skills.. Making haters hate since 2010.

See how good he was when he wasn't a fat ass. Making great catches over first round picks

I hear the train coming. This will not end well.

What is really odd is that from what I've been hearing on message board talk from different sources I would have thought that Alshon was going to be a 5th rounder. Yet I just looked at two mock drafts (Kiper and DraftCentral or something like that) and both have him going in the first round. No later than the 1st round to the 49ers.

Guess no one knows until draft day.

I don't think anyone is going THAT far. Saying "he won't get picked in the first round," isn't the same thing as saying "he won't even be CLOSE to the first round."

If it's true he's overweight right now, in addition to the already existing concerns about his speed, it's going to hurt him. The 49ers look like his best chance to be a first round pick, but if they pick up a WR in free agency then they may go another route, or hell, they may like someone else ahead of him.

Showing up out of shape is almost worse than having a marijuana incident because it causes them to question the player's off-season work ethic and whether they can count on him to stay in shape once he's gotten the money.

Seriously... how bad is it going to hurt your feelings if he's an early 2nd rounder instead of a late 1st rounder? Really isn't much of a difference.

Actually I've been hearing he is moving up to a middle to late first rounder now.

So weighing in at 250 lbs, running a 4.8 40 and still moving up the boards?

Kids got mad skills.

He's what, 6' 4"? Anybody wanna bet somebody tries to turn him into a Gronkowski/Jimmy Graham tight end at that weight? Athletic tight ends are kind of the rage these days...

Alshon Jeffery's agent, Eugene Parker, has his clients train in Tampa FL at the Althete's Compound, located on the campus of Saddlebrook Resort in Tampa, Florida. Where did Indianapolis come from??

http://rosterwatch.com/?p=2013

“He is slow.”

Jeffery has run the 40-yard dash in the mid 4.4’s and is projected to run between a 4.45 and a 4.65 at the NFL scouting combine. When I asked his trainer where he was in testing for the .40, he just told me that if you look at those numbers, he will be in perfect position and form to be on “the better side of that.”

Can't imagine why his agent would put that out there.

That was his trainer not his agent. He is also saying Alshon is at his playing weight. If he runs a in the 4.4 or 4.5 range he will be a first rounder.

Well, we can put this hater's thread to bed now:

Benjamin Allbright @NFLDraftMonster

Alshon Jeffrey 4.88 time, is outright untrue. Hearing whispers its being floated from his camp, so he blows expectation away at combine.

Greg Linton @agentlinton

@NFLDraftMonster he just responded back "LOL". That's all I'm saying. Plus, if he ran a 4.8, NO way his agent will let him run anyway

Michael Schottey @Schottey: Confirmed...Alshon Jeffery has been in Tampa since January 8th. IF he ran a 4.88 in Indianapolis, it was over a month ago.

And Alshon is STILL better than Green and Jones!!!!

Well, we can put this hater's thread to bed now:

And Alshon is STILL better than Green and Jones!!!!

nukes-nuke-explosion-war-just-because-demotivational-poster-1261635326.jpg

• Booger
      LSU just canned Les Miles.    Was reading tiger rant last night, and dude came on and called it for 4pm today. Guess there really are some insiders over there.   Orgeron interim.
    • Titans4Vols
      I'm assuming Armada might take over as interim(for some reason this was included in my quote as well?)  
    • PuddingTime
      He's definitely earning his check.  I've watched all of y'alls games this year and it just seemed like Tennessee was either playing to their competition or wasn't on the same page or I don't know what....spurts of really great football and then spurts of what the hell?   The difference this year is y'all have been able to overcome those things early in the season.  I think this win is going to be the galvanized game that takes y'all to Atlanta as much as it pains me to say it.
    • Titans4Vols
      What he was good at doing this past off-season is hiring Bob Shoop. I had the incredible pleasure of watching John Chavis coordinate our defense for over a decade here, and Bob Shoop brings me memories of Chavis' defenses. So good at halftime adjustments. How many DCs in this game can gameplan to overcome losing 3 of their top 4 players, when those 3 will all be drafted in the first two rounds?(Sutton and JRM this upcoming draft, and Kirkland whenever he decides to leave) If Shoop isn't one of the top candidates for the Broyles award(top assistant coach in college football) so far, the award is a sham.
    • PuddingTime
      Joe is actually Freddie Mercury? 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit