• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xiv

NBA: Who is the greatest ______ of all time?

11 posts in this topic

Just in that vague sense, who is the greatest all time...(a lot of these are debatable--let's chat):

Hawks (& Blackhawks): Bob Pettit

Celtics: Bill Russell

Bobcats: Gerald Wallace?

Bulls: Michael Jordan

Cavaliers: LeBron James

Mavericks: Dirk Nowitzki

Nuggets (& Denver Rockets): Dan Issel

Pistons: I'd say Isiah Thomas or Bob Lanier, but Bill Laimbeer is #1 in career win shares http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DET/leaders_career.html

Warriors: Wilt Chamberlain

Rockets: Hakeem Olajuwon

Pacers: Reggie Miller

Clippers (& Braves): Elton Brand (thought of Bob McAdoo, but Brand played for franchise twice as long)

Lakers: Jerry West (Bryant will pass him in win shares when it's said and done http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/leaders_career.html )

Grizzlies: Pau Gasol

Heat: Dwyane Wade

Bucks: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Timberwolves: Kevin Garnett

Nets (& Americans): Jason Kidd (Dr. J only played for the team for four years)

Hornets: Chris Paul

Knicks: Patrick Ewing

Thunder (& Supersonics): Gary Payton

Magic: Dwight Howard

76ers (& Nationals): Dolph Schayes

Suns: Steve Nash? (Kevin Johnson and Shawn Marion are ahead in win shares ( http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/leaders_career.html )

Trailblazers: Clyde Drexler

Kings (& Royals): Oscar Robertson

Spurs (& Chaparrals): Tim Duncan (David Robinson still slightly ahead in win shares http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/leaders_career.html )

Raptors: Chris Bosh (not as good a player in his prime as Vince Carter, but he played seven seasons with the team as opposed to five and leads in most major career categories; that inches him past Carter imho)

Jazz: Karl Malone

Wizards (& Bullets/Zephyrs/Packers): Wes Unseld

I'm confused about the _________ in the thread title.

Kemp n' Schrempf!

Kemp n' Schrempf!

Kemp n' Schrempf!

Kemp n' Schrempf!

Kemp n' Schrempf!

I'm confused about the _________ in the thread title.

Who's the greatest Hawk ever?

Who's the greatest Celtic ever?

Who's the greatest Bobcat ever?

etc

Who's the greatest Hawk ever?

Who's the greatest Celtic ever?

Who's the greatest Bobcat ever?

etc

Makes sense. I feel like an idiot now.

Payton is only keeping Durant's seat warm at this point

You're probably right. At his pace, he'll become the franchise's all-time leading scorer in five or six years, so that means he'll have to sign one more extension with them, which is no guarantee.

But...if OKC wins at least one title with Durant, then Durant is the man at that point.

I would change the Denver Nugget player to Alex English.

Points 25,613 (21.5 ppg) Rebounds 6,538 (5.5 rpg) Assists 4,351 (3.6 apg)

8-time All Star and led the league in scoring once. Currently like 13th in the NBA in all-time scoring

Plus, I played him in high school.

76's would have to be Dr. J.

8-time All Star and led the league in scoring once. Currently like 13th in the NBA in all-time scoring

Yeah, that one was a tossup. Issel is #2 in Nuggets scoring and #1 in rebounding; English is #1 in scoring and assists. I kind of put my own * on English because a lot of his points came from the Doug Moe run-n-gun system. At any rate, it was one of the tougher ones to pick, and either is arguable.
Sweet

76ers is kind of a trick question. Dolph Schayes played his whole 16-year career with the franchise, but 15 years of it was when the team was the Syracuse Nationals. Schayes was always the best player on the team. With Dr. J, his career was kind of cut in half (Nets/76ers), and in his 10 years with Philadelphia, he was only the best player on the team about half the time; he was sandwiched between Moses Malone and Charles Barkley. That's why I give it to Schayes by a mile.

And he a Carolina grad.