Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brah

The Alabama Recruiting Thread

2,749 posts in this topic

Not that we didn't already know this, but Crowell came out and officially named us his favorites today.

Just for fun...I was thinking of the possible 5 star and high 4 star prospects that Alabama is leading for, in serious consideration for, and commitments.

In-state

Enrique Florence

Brent Calloway

Marvin Shinn

LaMichael Fanning

Danny Woodson Jr.

Reese Dismukes

Out of state

Cyrus Kouandjio

Trey Depriest

Isaiah Crowell

Javorius Allen

Malcolm Brown

Shannon Brown

Gabriel Wright

Aaron Green

I know I'm forgetting some mainly because it's way too early to tell, but these are some of your sure fire top prospects on Bama's board. I'll be interested to see which RB will be on the top of our board, this crop of RB's this year will blow 2010's out of the water.

Out of these players, which 5 would be the most important for us to land?

Not that we didn't already know this, but Crowell came out and officially named us his favorites today.

I'm pumped too, I think he's going to be on the top of our RB board. It's tough to say right now since we offered a couple before him, but he has to be a top priority.

Out of these players, which 5 would be the most important for us to land?

Well coming into the 2011 class I wouldn't say there is a major position of need. There are a couple of positions we'll need to restock depth wise like WR, DL, LB, and DB. We're not like how we were with the 2010 class with the secondary being the obvious need.

I believe some of the in-state guys will be the top priority. Enrique Florence is someone Coach Saban really wants and Woodson Jr. might end up being someone we really need. Fanning will be a prototypical 3-4 DE or JACK, so he could be a top priority for this staff.

Outside of the state we're going to want to reel in a big time RB. Crowell and Allen look to be the early favorites, with Brown and Green from Texas giving Alabama some serious consideration. I think we're going to take two RB's in this class, but like I said to M2J it's too early to tell where the coaching staff has them ranked on the board. Depriest will be a major priority at LB, the coaching staff loves his potential at a couple of LB positions. Kouandjio of course will be near the top if not the top. He's your prototypical beast of a LT and you just can't pass on those.

I'd rank them tentatively.

1. Cyrus Kouandjio

2. Enrique Florence

3. Trey Depriest

4. Isaiah Crowell

5. Insert any in-state star or need the coaching staff wants to address.

Isaiah Crowell has us as his early leader right now. If we got Gabe Wright AND Crowell both from Georgia, that'd be HUGE.

Anyone know anything about Jay Rome? I read the Clemson has the lead, but how much interest in Bama? This guy is the real deal

Bama is going to go after D linemen hard in this class, so I'd definitely say a guy like Fanning is a top 5 priority in this class (at least of the group Tider has listed). Out of state guys like Westerman and Lawrence Thomas are gonna get a lot of love from the staff too.

We'll probably go after 3-4 O linemen, probably 2 guys who can play tackle and a guy like Reese Dismukes who is a high quality center would be a bit higher priority than a guard as we're loaded with guards. We're going to be pretty selective here, as well as with WRs and DBs. We'll probably try to be pretty selective with this whole class really, but those positions more than others. Linebackers, D linemen and RBs will likely be the positions of focus and you could say versatile players or athletes (which are always a staple of selective classes).

As for Jay Rome, he has interest in Bama...but his dad played for Clemson and they're his favorites for that reason mostly. His teammate Malcolm Mitchell really likes us

I have to admit, that I have no sources. In fact, ya'll are my sources. So, I appreciate all the info - keep it coming. Rep to Tider & M2J for all the info, thanks guys.

2010 Alabama Junior Day II

February 20, 2010

Jordan Prestwood - OT Plant City, FL

Xzavier Ward - OT Moultrie, GA*

Jeremy Hill - RB Baton Rouge, LA* (LSU Commit)

Karlos Williams - ATH Davenport, FL*

James Vaughters - LB Tucker, GA*

Justin Garrett - LB Tucker, GA

Chris Sanders - ATH Tucker, GA (Georgia Commit)

Tarik Cook - C Stone Mountain, GA

B.J. Trimble - WR Tyrone, GA

Jabriel Washington - ATH Jackson, TN*

Hunter Long - C Eads, TN

Hasean Clinton-Dix - ATH Orlando, FL*

Demetrius Hart - RB Orlando, FL*

Nickalos Brassell - Batesville, MS*

Justin Worley - QB Rock Hill, SC

Brent Calloway - LB Russelville, AL* (Current BAMA Commit)

Robert Terrell - LB Harrisburg, PA

Daryl Collins - WR Gadsden, AL

Antonio Marsh - LB Pritchard, AL

Chris Nelson - QB Theodore, AL

Shaquille Roberson - LB Notasulga, AL

Vinnie Sunseri - LB Tuscaloosa, AL (Coach Cal's Son)

Kwon Alexander - LB Oxford,AL* (Class of 2012)

Michael Flint - OT Oxford, AL* (Class of 2012)

Reggie Ragland - LB Huntsville, AL (Class of 2012)

* indicates that they currently hold a Alabama offer.

DeAnthony Arnett (Saginaw, Mich./Saginaw) did have a top eight and a top three among that group.

But that was Sunday night. Things changed Monday night. That's when Nick Saban called.

And that's when Arnett's top eight turned into a top nine and his top three turned into a top four.

Arnett, an ESPNU 150 Watch List receiver, had Michigan State, Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Michigan, Cincinnati, Oregon, Iowa and Tennessee as his favorites with Michigan State, Notre Dame and Southern Cal, in no particular order, his top three among those favorites.

Then Alabama entered the mix in a big way by offering the 6-foot, 170-pound Arnett, who runs a 4.48 40.

"I talked with Coach Saban over the phone," Arnett told CrimsonConfidential.com Wednesday afternoon. "It went real well. My high school coach, Coach (Gary) Lee, coached Mark Ingram in high school, and Coach Saban told me he wants me to win the Heisman like Mark did.

"He said I would fit in well with their pro-style offense and that he knows ways to get me the ball. That was real big coming from the head coach. Anytime the head coach offers you a scholarship you know it's serious."

Arnett is also high on Alabama assistant coach Bobby Williams, who is recruiting him for the Crimson Tide.

"He coached probably the greatest receiver to come out of Saginaw and then Michigan State in Charles Rogers," Arnett said of Williams. "He knows talent, and he knows what to do with it."

Arnett hasn't spoken with Ingram but Lee, who coached Ingram at Southwestern Academy in Flint, Mich., and now coaches Arnett at Saginaw, speaks highly of the tradition-rich school in Tuscaloosa.

"He just told me that Alabama was a great school and that I'd probably like it if I went down there," Arnett said.

Question is: Would Arnett really choose to venture that far south to go to college? If it turns out to be the right place he will.

"Distance is not a factor at all," said Arnett, who mentioned, too, that he actually has relatives currently living in the Tuscaloosa area.

Adding further proof that he's serious about the Tide, Arnett, who said Alabama is now right there with his big three, plans to ...

CrimsonConfidential.com - Saban's call thrusts Tide into serious contention for WR

I posted some info, including a vid for him about a page back

shannon brown committed to bama today.

yep he's on rivals 250 watch list to

yep he's on rivals 250 watch list to

Yeah, I'd be surprised if he's not a 4 star guy when they come out with theirs. He's one of the top 20 players in Georgia for sure and Georgia is having probably one of their best years in talent.

Top prospect Jonathan Rose of Leeds has Auburn pedigree, but Alabama is making strong pitch | Sentelligence - al.com

The Leeds coaching staff believes junior Jonathan Rose is the best football prospect the program has produced in more than a decade.

Rose's pedigree suggests the 6-foot-1 cornerback will one day play for Auburn. He is the son of former Tigers defensive back Charles Rose.

But that didn't stop Alabama from being the first school to of*fer a scholarship last Wednesday. He's expected to be one of the state's top prospects in the Class of 2011.

Auburn is also among the schools chasing Rose. Its offer was delayed last week due to a trip to the Bahamas by members of the coaching staff.

Rose said he has already spent "40 minutes" in Alabama coach Nick Saban's office. Saban made "a big impression," Rose said.

"We talked about how he likes tall corners. He likes my frame. He said he can't coach size. He's hands-on coaching the corners, so it was a lot of me listening to what he said."

If one subscribes to the theory that Alabama and Auburn com*pete for the state's best players every day, then Rose is a test case to measure the effectiveness of the recruiters at those schools.

"I really liked how Coach Sa*ban talked about Alabama's strengths," Rose said. "He didn't make it an Alabama vs. Auburn thing at all. He didn't even men*tion Auburn. I thought that showed class."

That's part of the reason why a 16-year-old who came home from the hospital in Auburn boo*ties can see his family sitting at Bryant-Denny Stadium.

"I still see those Auburn boo*ties every day when I go down*stairs to watch TV because they are still there," Rose said. "It sounds crazy, but my dad has al*ready said he can see himself in Bryant-Denny Stadium wearing a crimson No. 9 jersey with the name 'Rose' on the back if it goes that way."

There's already one piece of Crimson Tide memorabilia in the Rose home. It's a poster Rose put up in his room.

Auburn extended its schol*arship offer Tuesday night.

"I haven't heard from (Auburn coach Gene) Chizik yet," Rose said. "I'm looking forward to it because I grew up Auburn."

His talent as a top recruit begins with genetics. His dad recalls being "one of the four fastest players" in the program when he arrived at Auburn in 1992. The son is taller, but not as fast as the father was way back then.

The son's ball skills are considered much better, though.

"My son is already better than I was," said Rose, who was a four-year letterman and two-year starter at Au*burn.

"I ran a 4.32 in the 40. I was fast, but he's much more advanced at playing the game."

Rose can run the 100 me*ters in 10.8 seconds, even af*ter growing 3 inches since last summer. The Leeds star picked off three passes last year and broke up 29 passes thanks to a wingspan that seems to go forever.

"He's got such great re*covery thanks to that height," Leeds coach Keith Etheredge said. "He got his hands on a lot of balls he shouldn't have because of his height, length and speed."

Throughout his son's re*cruitment, Charles Rose says, he won't play armchair recruiter and point his son toward Auburn.

"My family did a great thing in that they let me make my own decision choosing a school," Charles said. "Going to Auburn was best for me. It might not be for my son. He'll make his decision and we'll support him every step once he does."

The son said his decision will come down to Alabama or Auburn.

"I don't see myself going to a USC or an Ohio State," he said. "I might take visits there to see what they have got, but it is going to come down to Alabama or Au*burn. They have everything a player would need to play at the next level."

He didn't know then that late Wednesday night, Flor*ida State coach Jimbo Fisher would call with another scholarship offer.

The B student won't put on a show with his recruit*ment. He plans to decide this fall.

"It's not going to be a cir*cus," Rose said. "I'm just blessed to now have the op*portunity to play in the SEC. I don't need any spotlight on me."

Will still likely sign with Auburn

MICHAELFLINT2_16150JPG-1.jpg

No way he's a sophomore lol

He's got a receding hairline for goodness sake! What did his parents feed him? Testosterone pills?

He's got a receding hairline for goodness sake! What did his parents feed him? Testosterone pills?

His second chin is literally 3 times the size of his first.

Shannon Brown is a beast, happy to have him this early. Like 5.8 4-star, top 15 player in Georgia. First of a handful we're looking to steal from the Dawgs. :D

A few notes from the weekend:

• Christian LeMay narrows down his top 10 and it includes the Tide.
  • New Bama recruit Shannon Brown has said he is excited about his commitment and ready to convince other Georgia players to come to Alabama.
  • Speaking of Georgia players, Carver DT Gabe Wright still has Alabama in the lead for his services. He was in Tallahassee this past weekend and has the Seminoles at 4th overall (#1 ACC school). In the end, he feels it will be an SEC school that get his commitment.
  • Gadsden City WR Daryl Collins received an offer from UA this weekend and was very close to pulling the trigger on his commitment, but decided to wait.
  • Shreveport, LA native DE Jermauria Rasco was very impressed with his trip to the Capstone. While he hasn't made a list of favorites due to new offers coming in every week, it seems Bama is in good shape for the Louisianan.

Jermauria Rasco and Tim Jernigan are both 2 highly sought after prospects that left blown away from our junior day last weekend. It would be tough battles for both guys, but they were both very impressed.

Calloway also came away more solid than ever (despite people making a big deal with him visiting Auburn a couple weeks ago).

ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 GEORGIA TOP 50

1. Jay Rome - Valdosta 6-6/240 TE

Quick Hitter: Prototypical tight end with size, hands, and athleticism.

2. Isaiah Crowell - Carver-Columbus 6-0/202 RB

Quick Hitter: Elite back than can run through or around defenders.

3. James Vaughters - Tucker 6-2/232 LB

Quick Hitter: A down hill player with great football instincts.

4. Ray Drew - Thomas County Central 6-5/243 DE

Quick Hitter: Long and rangy explosive defensive end with high ceiling.

5. Gabe Wright - Carver-Columbus 6-3/270 DT

Quick Hitter: Could play tackle in 4-3 scheme or end in 3-4 scheme.

6. Damian Swann - Grady 6-1/175 CB

Quick Hitter: Athlete with speed that could play either side of the ball.

7. C.J. Uzomah - North Gwinnett 6-5/235 QB

Quick Hitter: More of an athlete first that could play QB or be a big receiver.

8. Stephon Tuitt - Monroe Area 6-5/265 DE

Quick Hitter: Explosive DE, but somewhat raw with a lot of upside.

9. Xzavier Dickson - Griffin 6-4/235 DE

Quick Hitter: Athletic enough to play three different positions well in college.

10. Nick Marshall - Wilcox County 6-2/186 QB

Quick Hitter: Strong-armed QB with quick release and great pocket awareness.

11. Watts Dantzler - Dalton 6-7-312 OT

Quick Hitter: Big tackle with good reach and balance.

12. Corey Moore - Griffin 6-1/185 S

Quick Hitter: Likes to get down hill and attack his opponent.

13. A.J. Johnson - Gainesville 6-3/227 LB

Quick Hitter: Big energetic LB that could slide down to DE.

14. Christian Conley ? North Paulding 6-2/185 WR

Quick Hitter: Big target with sticky hands with improved explosiveness.

15. Amarlo Herrera - North Clayton 6-3/215 LB

Quick Hitter: Big linebacker that sheds blocks well and really attacks the football.

16. Quan Bray - Callaway 5-11/175 RB

Quick Hitter: Quick and elusive back that lacks ideal size, but makes big plays.

17. Justin Garrett - Tucker 6-2/192 LB

Quick Hitter: Explosive backer, good in space, and brings pop.

18. Terrance Smith ? Southwest Dekalb 6-3/212 LB

Quick Hitter: Very good pass rusher off the edge' perfect stand-up LB.

19. Chris Sanders - Tucker 6-0/177 S

Quick Hitter: A ball-hawking safety with good toughness, range and ball skills.

20. David Andrews - Wesleyan 6-2/281 C

Quick Hitter: Ideal size, smarts, experience, and ability for a center.

21. Avery Walls ? Union Grove 5-10/186 S

Quick Hitter: A true football player that plays bigger than his measurables.

22. Shannon Brown - Cook 6-2/245 LB

Quick Hitter: An ideal middle linebacker that hits like a truck.

23. Sterling Bailey ? East Hall 6-5/235 DE

Quick Hitter: Rangy DE/OLB that needs to add weight and strength.

24. Malcolm Mitchell - Valdosta 6-1/170 S

Quick Hitter: Speed is his biggest strength and could play offense or defense.

25. Grady Jarrett ? Rockdale County 6-1/273 DT

Quick Hitter: Has A great first step and plays with very good leverage.

26. Zach Witchett ? Booker T. Washington 6-0/185 WR

Quick Hitter: Great separation speed and he really attacks ball at highest point.

27. Xzavier Ward ? Colquitt County 6-7/255 OT

Quick Hitter: Great length, good feet, but needs to add a lot of weight.

28. Justin Scott ? Mitchell County 6-0/202 WR

Quick Hitter: Great inside WR with speed ot be a dangerous return man as well.

29. Brian Randolph - Kell 5-11/185 S

Quick Hitter: Strong tackler and versatile athlete that will play strong safety.

30. Jonathan Battle - Americus 6-1/279 DT

Quick Hitter: ACL tear in 2009, but very explosive off the ball when healthy.

31. Edward Muldrow ? South Gwinnett 6-4/188 LB

Quick Hitter: Long linebacker with great range and athleticism.

32. Tyler Hunter - Lowndes 6-0/198 S

Quick Hitter: Strong as a linebacker with very good instincts at safety.

33. Thomas O’Reilly - Pope 6-4/315 OG

Quick Hitter: Run blocker first that can get to the second level.

34. Alex Chisum ? Sandy Creek 6-3/177 WR

Quick Hitter: A glider at wideout with good length and soft hands.

35. Vincent Dallas ? Cedar Grove 5-11/185 WR

Quick Hitter: A track guy that takes that speed with him to the football field.

36. Kennard Backman - Whitefield Academy 6-3/218 TE

Quick Hitter: A two-sport star that can run and catch at tight end.

37. Josh Clemons - Whitewater 5-10/202 RB

Quick Hitter: Has battled injuries, but could emerge as top back if healthy in 2010.

38. Rory Anderson - McEachern 6-5/193 TE

Quick Hitter: Lean tight end that can stretch the seam and flex out at receiver.

39. Javarris Lewis - Westover 5-11/183 CB

Quick Hitter: A very physical corner with good speed that likes to press cover.

40. Chris Mayes - Spalding 6-5/290 DT

Quick Hitter: Very athletic with postential after playing football for one year.

41. Matt Kiefer - Chattahoochee 6-4/286 OG

Quick Hitter: Very strong OL with a good base and strong run blocker.

42. Marcus Caffey - Grady 6-0-174 RB

Quick Hitter: More of a slasher at RB with good body lean and body control.

43. Ra’Chard Pippens - Ola 6-1-181 S

Quick Hitter: Great straight-line speed, needs to work on change of direction.

44. Alan Posey ? Clarke Central 6-6/302 OT

Quick Hitter: Great frame for OL and could play tackle or guard.

45. Jabari Hunt-Days - Hillgrove 6-3/225 FB

Quick Hitter: Has great build and could be a FB, H-Back, or TE on the next level.

46. Justin Coleman - Brunswick 5-11/175 CB

Quick Hitter: Good change of direction and closing speed at corner.

47. Martay Mattox ? Clarke Central 6-1/185 QB

Quick Hitter: Above average arm and can hurt defenses with arm and legs.

48. Broderick Snoddy - Carrollton 5-9/192 RB

Quick Hitter: Has top track speed and takes that to the football field.

49. Ralph Abernathy - Westminster 5-6/155 RB

Quick Hitter: A small back with top speed from the moment he gets the ball.

50. Zack Walker - Johnson County 6-1/185 WR

Quick Hitter: Catches the ball well with his hands and makes good adjustments.

All those above listed in bold/Crimson are part of the Georgia top 50 that we LEAD for right now (according to what I've read most recently, things could have changed).

All those above listed in just Crimson font color are Georgia prospects that we have offered.

None of this is solid, and we could lose out on some of those we lead for and grab some of those who don't have us as their leader right now or haven't named one.

This just shows how stacked Georgia is this year and we are gonna try and go in and get as many as we can from there, and we look to be well on that way. This class of 2011 in Georgia is absolutely amazing. Don't be surprised if a good portion of this class comes from Georgia.

Yeah, its gonna be fun to see the battles for some of these players with Georgia and other schools that frequent the state like Florida and Clemson. And I love our chances for so many.

Yeah, its gonna be fun to see the battles for some of these players with Georgia and other schools that frequent the state like Florida and Clemson. And I love our chances for so many.

It's gonna be alot of fun to see how Georgia plays out this year. There seems to be a major outta state player in most of the top prospects on the board in Georgia.

It's gonna be alot of fun to see how Georgia plays out this year. There seems to be a major outta state player in most of the top prospects on the board in Georgia.

They definitely have a lot of work ahead of them. There was some very disgruntled fans about previous big time players leaving the state, it looks like it's going to happen again in 2011. When you have that much talent though in the 4th most talented state(in terms of prospects) in the country, it's bound to happen.

• possumslayer
      What could a metal detector do to save a kid?
    • bbqit
      It’s also a court house where people do their job. That’s all school is. A place kids do their job.    Im not saying that is the idea we should use but twisting it that way is childish. It’s just like a kid to demand the protection and when you give it he doesn’t like it.  
    • Porcine
      They played a bad game. Should have won 4-0. Walks, errors, wasted opportunities, and the umpiring could have been better.
    • dawgbit
      Also sounds like a bank. And a jewelry store. And a movie set. And a courthouse. And a sporting event. And a nursing home. And  Congress.
    • Rebel WITH a cause
      And Universal Studios too since that’s where I am at the Portofino Hotel with my wife... and my Yeungling Light...
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      Rebel WITH a cause