Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brah

The Alabama Recruiting Thread

2,749 posts in this topic

This class is starting to shape up. Ridley may not enroll early so what does that mean? I look for Lawrence Cager to commit today to fill Daylon Charlot's spot, but I think the missing piece in this class is now Terry Godwin.

Stay the hell away

Stay the hell away

The Barn wants him too. I think he stays put at UGA. Not going to lie though, he'd look great in Crimson.

I was just looking at all of these top 10 guys (Ivey, Cowart, Jefferson) high on Florida and I was thinking where the hell is Florida's class ranked? I missed them and skimmed through all 136 schools before I found them hiding out at 75 just above UCF. UF is in trouble with 8 commits and they need to finish with a flurry to avoid becoming a (UT) Dooley era dumpster fire.

So, word is Prince has decommitted. IDK if that means that CeCe Jefferson has made a silent commitment or if Prince is just in the process of being flipped. I suspected he would go to OSU, but he is visiting the Terps again... The pieces are starting to sort themselves out.

Edit: I totally thought Prince was a DE - oops.

http://athlonsports.com/buzz-capstone-tuesday-recruiting-notes

#1 class 4 years running and a redundantly ridiculous wealth of talent once again.

Tide keeps rolling.

I almost feel sorry for everyone else....

almost

I updated the op from the old stuff to some 2016 guys. Allot of elite defensive talent in the state next year. People think there could be allot of risers on the offensive side of the ball also. Really excited about Tosh Lupoi out there recruiting for us. Gonna have some big recruiting battles with AU with them getting upgrades in defensive recruiters.

Although Alabama's next Junior Day event is two weeks away, that is not stopping the Crimson Tide coaching staff from bringing in high profile targets.

This weekend, the Tide will have three of the top defensive players on their board all in town in the form of three 247Sports Composite five-stars - Gordo linebacker Ben Davis and Carver-Montgomery stars Lyndell Wilson and Marlon Davidson.

Davis confirmed the news with BOL Monday afternoon. It will be a huge opportunity for the Alabama coaching staff to have the top three prospects in the state of Alabama for the 2016 recruiting cycle all on campus at one time.

Alabama is trending heavily per the 247Sports Crystal Ball with Davis and Wilson but Auburn is at 100 percent with 15 predictions in for Davidson, whose brother Kenneth Carter played on the 'Plains.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/5-stars-visiting-Tuscaloosa-this-weekend-35678918

A year round pursuit... recruiting never ends. :D

Kendall Jones 6'5" 375lbs holy crap this kid will probably see playing time on the DL out of this year's signing class. Can you imagine what a year or two of Cochran

post-11445-0-89057000-1452996140.jpg

Kendall Jones 6'5" 375lbs holy crap this kid will probably see playing time on the DL out of this year's signing class. Can you imagine what a year or two of Cochran

dayuuuuuuuuum

Holy cow!

The hulk has gained 80 pounds in two years and clocked a 4.9 40

http://twitter.com/vonscales/status/688453288468041728/photo/1

The kid on the left is 6'4" 230 lbs

8db14682b243bd950b10592f5f31e843.jpg

On the right is Jones. On the left is Brendan Scales.

6'4", 245 lb Brendan Scales.

I foresee Cochran getting Jones to drop a few pounds before he sees the field.

8db14682b243bd950b10592f5f31e843.jpg

On the right is Jones. On the left is Brendan Scales.

6'4", 245 lb Brendan Scales.

I foresee Cochran getting Jones to drop a few pounds before he sees the field.

My gawd, his hands are as big as Scales face

He's gonna have to lose like 50+ lbs to even play. No more Mt. Cody's along DL.