• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.
Brah

The Alabama Recruiting Thread

2,748 posts in this topic

Memphis Mitchell WR Keiwone Malone has made his grades and is a firm commitment to Alabama.

Memphis Mitchell WR Keiwone Malone has made his grades and is a firm commitment to Alabama.

Good news.

He's in the 2010 class though, I think t-bone was making this for the 2011 folks. :)

We're in real nice shape with Cyrus and Trey (though I wouldn't expect that to be an easy pull). We've already gotten 2 of Alabama's elite in Shinn (who looks to be a future 5 star) and Calloway. We're also currently in the lead for another Alabama elite in Erique Florence. Daryl Collins out of Gadsden is very high on us too.

The coaches are looking at 2 Texas backs Aaron Green (who is gonna certainly be highly sought after) and Malcolm Brown (who will also have a chance at a 5 star) and they're both looking at us...though some say Brown is the most open and has strong interest in Bama.

Another top OT Christian Westerman has been looking for some attention from Bama and Auburn for that matter. He's an Arizona kid, but has a lot of family in Alabama and the Southeast and spends a lot of time here too.

Alabama will be looking to have another DL heavy class next year, maybe similar to what we've done in the secondary this class. We aren't in quite as desperate need to get DL next year as we were this year in our secondary for depth, but DL along with LB and RB and as always WR/Athletes will be a main priority.

Thanks for the Info

Bama and Lsu will end up with sick classes. Lsu has 7 commits right now, 2 of them will prob open up as 5 star guys (La'el Collins and Anthony freak johnson)

The talent level in the state will be much improved in Alabama as compared to this year, and I'm thinking the talent level as far as truly elite prospects will improve all over the nation as compared to this class (which was a year I'd say, is deeper than many previous years with quality, but not as top heavy as many others...leading to a lot of overrating on one end of the spectrum and underrating on the other).

Edited by M2J

if arie kouandjio commits to bama for the 2010 class (which is expected), you may as well put cyrus in the "committed" list.

The 2011 class is going to be absolutely sick guys. We lead for 4-6 possible 5 star prospects, 3 that are considered to be locks.

Prospects on campus for Alabama's Junior day

DE Sterling Bailey

RB Isaiah Crowell

LB Brent Calloway

DB Hasean Clinton-Dix

WR Daryl Collins

DE LaMichael Fanning

LB Trey DePriest

DE Xzavier Dickson

C Reese Dismukes

DT Desmond Jackson

S Erique Florence

RB Demetrius Hart

LB Terrance Smith

ATH Christion Jones

WR Pat Milliner

WR Marvin Shinn

OT Antonio Richardson

DE Jabrian Niles

WR Danny Woodson

LB Devaunte Sigler

DE Gabe Wright

Sounding good for Crowell and Wright and A.J. Johnson, 3 guys almost guaranteed to be 4stars.

Found this over at Tidesports

Gabe Wright, on Brian Vogler's Facebook:

YEA!!!! Alabama finna be packed wit columbus boy's lets do this!!!

Brian's response:

hell yeah bro. We get you and isiah [Crowell] we gonna be killin it

Posted February 01, 2010 10:28 AM This is Gabe Wrights Facebook status as of right now.

"I'm never the biggest, the fastest, the strongest. The only bread and butter i ever had was work! And at the end of the day its all about hard work. And if you out work me- you're a hell of a man....ROLL-TIDE!!!!!! lol eat it up"

"To tell you the truth, if Alabama comes at me hard like they said they would last summer after camp, I will head down there real quick. I have my teammate there, and we will just keep it going and work hard together and push each other," said Johnson. "Blake and I are real cool. He has only been at Gainesville a few years and we are like brothers. I am at his house all of the time and he is at mine. We are both captains on the basketball and football teams. We have been through a lot together and it would be real cool to keep it going.

"Coach Saban told me in the summer that he wanted me to play linebacker because they like big, tall backers who can run. They worked me out at defensive end and linebacker at camp, and I think they saw I could do both. I play standing up at Gainesville, but I could easily put on a little weight and play end as well. My preference is linebacker though because I am just used to it."

Edited by M2J

Expect this man's commitment this month.

Edited by M2J

Word on the street we about to add two OL for 2011 this week - Reese Dismukes, Spencer Region

Spencer Region is announcing this Saturday and Reese Dismukes will announce Thursday. Time to jump out to another lead.

Region is delaying his announcement per BOL.

My take is that Saban told him to announce closer to the next Junior Day so he can make an impression on a few more guys that we give offers at the next Junior Day. I could be totally wrong though.

Spencer Region has decided to announce on Saturday. He WILL announce at noon at Cummings Sporting Goods in Cullman, AL. That was a short postponement. Any relation to Urban Meyer you think? ;)

There are reports that Region has committed, and will go public later with Bama.

Other rumblings going on are that Isaiah Crowell is a heavy Bama lean and is close to being a lock for Bama. This is another special talent, and going to be one of the top RBs in the nation for this class.

Don't let the Georgia fans see this. His friendship with Gabriel Wright is the biggest reason why he's a Bama lean right now, and not to pile on...but Wright is probably going to commit to Bama early.

Edited by Tider27

This thread is long overdue, we'll use this for rumors, commitments and other news around Alabama recuiting.

The 2010 class had a lot of needs and virtually every one of them were filled by our staff. Coach Saban set out to improve overall team speed and by the looks of the class his goal was reached. In adding burners Blake Sims, Deion Belue, Corey Grant, DeMarcus Milliner, Keiwone Malone and DeAndrew White...the future looks impressive. With new offensive targets and many options in the future returning game, this class should be remembered as an exciting one.

As for where the class ended up finishing in the rankings...

#5 in Rivals

#4 in Scout

#3 in ESPN

Now that the 2010 class is wrapped up, we'll move on to 2011 class. Not only is it shapng up to be a impressive list of prospects, early indications show that it could go down as one of the best classes in history.

This thread is long overdue, we'll use this for rumors, commitments and other news around Alabama recuiting.

The 2010 class had a lot of needs and virtually every one of them were filled by our staff. Coach Saban set out to improve overall team speed and by the looks of the class his goal was reached. In adding burners Blake Sims, Deion Belue, Corey Grant, DeMarcus Milliner, Keiwone Malone and DeAndrew White...the future looks impressive. With new offensive targets and many options in the future returning game, this class should be remembered as an exciting one.

As for where the class ended up finishing in the rankings...

#5 in Rivals

#4 in Scout

#3 in ESPN

Now that the 2010 class is wrapped up, we'll move on to 2011 class. Not only is it shapng up to be a impressive list of prospects, early indications show that it could go down as one of the best classes in history.

Yes, Bammers and non Bammers with Bammer recruiting news....please try and keep your Bama recruiting info in this thread.

That means you too UA1322 (see what I did there :D)

There are reports that Region has committed, and will go public later with Bama.

Other rumblings going on are that Isaiah Crowell is a heavy Bama lean and is close to being a lock for Bama. This is another special talent, and going to be one of the top RBs in the nation for this class.

Man, that kid is impressive.

I like how he runs straight up the gut almost every time. No screwing around, just straight north and south. Very nice! :D

Spencer Region is announcing this Saturday and Reese Dismukes will announce Thursday. Time to jump out to another lead.

Que? :D :D

Just had to mess with ya man.

Que? :D :D

Just had to mess with ya man.

These damn kids are making me look bad. I usually never go out on a limb. :mad:

These damn kids are making me look bad. I usually never go out on a limb. :mad:

Well in your defense Tider the Insider, you dind't go out on a limb. The kid was running around telling people he was going to Bama, including reporting to the services that he has already committed and that his commitment was accepted.

Come to think of it. This makes him no better than that lame ass kid a couple years ago out west that was announcing between schools like Oregon and Cal or whomever on NSD and really had no offers at all.

Well maybe not that lame, but pretty close :o