Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gone Grovin

2013 Rebel Commitments

547 posts in this topic

Although we are far from completed, this class is beyond "just average" in terms of our last 4 years well honestly really EVER... We are coming off a 2-10 season... Have you already forgot?

This class features two very talented HS QB's with great offers...

The top JuCo DT in Marquel Combs.

RB Mark Dodson has dominated in the national camp circuit, in The Opening, he was named MVP over several other top RB's (such as Altee Tenpenny, Tyren Jones, & Alvin Kamara)

One of the top 3 WR's in TX in Dannon Cavil..

One of the top 5 JuCo DB's in Zack Witchett

Two of the State's most physical and athletic OL Davion Johnson and Daronte Bouldin..

DT's Herbert Moore (The Opening: Memphis) and Chris Robinson (Army AA underclassman MVP) have been impressive on the camp circuit aswell..

It's nice to add some "under the radar" homegrown kids that have showed out at camps like Derrick Jones and Trey Bledsoe.

I'm not at all trying to pump sunshine or anything like that but there is just no way you can't look at the offer sheets and camp performances and NOT think this is a pretty good haul currently. It may not be loaded with the "stars" beside the names at this time but considering our situation i'd probably be a little more grateful sounding when calling this class "just average."

I agree with some of that. Especially the qb's and running backs(this year and last). I was mainly talking about stars. But we are set for the future with Buchanan, Kincade, Mathers, Walton, and Dodson

I think we have two very good OLineman aswell, Alabama is all freaking over Davion Johnson.. The kid doesn't do camps and committed early so he gets no attention... He will be a beast

Daronte Bouldin is a very big dude and runs in the 4.9's.. physically he already looks the part, not flabby what so ever.

If you haven't yet go watch Dannon Cavil highlights and keep in mind he is playing in 5A Texas.

Outside of the big fish (Tony Conner) This class is lacking DE's, TE's, and LB's but I think that will change soon enough.

I'm trying not to think about Robert Nkemdiche but the more the Clemson coaches/fans complain about visits and pressure him, the more our chances go up... I do feel good about saying IF he doesn't sign with Clemson he will sign with us.

looks like the stars have aligned for the rebels this year. yalls biggest need was o-line and the state is talent rich in offensive lineman. looks like all the in-state schools are gonna stock up on some solid oline prospects.

The stars align if we finish with Nkemdiche, Conner, Shumpert, & Moore...

Highly doubtful but we can all dream!!

As the coaches like to say when we get a committment... YAHTZEEEEE!!!!

ATH/S Charles Williams out of Hialeah, FL makes our 19th Commitment of the class. Charles aka "Chucky" attended our Elite camp this summer and wowed coaches measuring at 6'1 190lbs while clocking at 4.5 in the 40. He was probably the top DB in attendance according to most. 20+ offers (Arkansas, West Va, Clemson, State, Nebraska, South Carolina, and Vandy among others)

He had some good offers as well. We offered him to play WR I think that's what made it happen for us

Ole Miss has told two commits to explore other options... DT Chris Robinson (Grade issues)

and DE Mario Mathis (Injury/Grade Issues) I have a hunch this move is making room for some more high end prospects maybe a specific prospect and some teammates.. :)

DE Finesse Middleton has comitted to Ole Miss

Strong rumors swirling that Jalen Reeves-Mabin will be announce he is a Rebel sometime tomorrow or Sunday.

RB Peyton Barber has commited! Big physical RB with great offers...

Very nice pickup with Barber. People better watch out if we start winning games

5 wins and a showing of improvement gets us in the door with some we wouldn't normally expect to be in... IF we somehow by the grace of god shock Texas the flood gates open...

Yes sir. And some georgia posters on the main board are saying watch out for Barber when he gets on the field and that he's going to be a beast. Film/size/speed all point to him being a good one. Can't wait till we have an actual every down SEC bruiser RB like SC/Ark/Bama have

And Barber and Mathers both could be that

I agree they'd definitely be a good pair with Mark Dodson being that do-it-all change of pace back for us...

I agree they'd definitely be a good pair with Mark Dodson being that do-it-all change of pace back for us...

If Freeze recruits a decent o-line.

Bouldin and company will have to play solidly for Dodson and Barber to be effective, assuming they all do indeed ink with OM.

The state of Mississippi is putting out an unusually good o-line crop this year, and all 3 major universities had best stock up on them this year to be successful/continue being successful in the coming years.

Bouldin and company will have to play solidly for Dodson and Barber to be effective, assuming they all do indeed ink with OM.

The state of Mississippi is putting out an unusually good o-line crop this year, and all 3 major universities had best stock up on them this year to be successful/continue being successful in the coming years.

You're forgetting one aspect. Those running backs are going to have 2 pretty legit QB's keeping defenses off balance.

You're forgetting one aspect. Those running backs are going to have 2 pretty legit QB's keeping defenses off balance.

Doesn't matter if none of them have anyone to block for them.

Ask Eli Manning how valuable his o-line was to his success in 2003. Hell, ask him now in the NFL about how important his o-line is.

I know. Just saying the QB's play a part in it as well

Really hoping we can flip Christian Morris from UCLA the Memphis kids we have that are commited are working on him.

You know I was just thinking Nikka. You might not have been around then, but I just remembered that time when state fans swore up and down this board they were just as much in it for Nkemdiche as we were lmao. That was good stuff

thats funny....i wouldnt mind seeing a link for that...so that we could all point and laugh.

I'm on the phone. But it's in the catch all thread in SEC recruiting. Supposedly y'all were just as much in it as us cause of nick scheussler(sp?) lol.

It's the posts around May 6-8. I'm right on this one shamoan.

i guess ill have to take your word on that one. if you had proof, i could join you in mockery of that individual (as it would be most likely well deserved an not taken out of context), but alas, i will simply assume that you wouldnt lie about posts on the internet. anywho....say, BBN4L, you are going into your sophomore year correct? what r u studying?