• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoldenRebel

Tyler Wilson

39 posts in this topic

CFB Live just said he is seriously considering going pro. Any of you hogs have some inside scoop on this? Doesn't seem like a smart decision to me. I don't want to get into another Petrino bashing mood, but do you think he has a hand in Wilson's decision?

Joe Schad is the one reporting it. All indications are that he's coming back, but since he hasn't come out and sait if officially people are speculating.

He'll be back. But for funsies sake, what hand would Petrino have in Wilson's decision.

He'll be back. But for funsies sake, what hand would Petrino have in Wilson's decision.

A sinister one made from iron and evil...

If anything I think how crowded next years QB class will be has a hand in his decision.

Not sure Jacob. Just seems like if he went, there would be some underlying factor pushing it because he is obviously not ready and this QB class is stacked. BP has driven players away before, both at Louisville and Arkansas.

If anything I think how crowded next years QB class will be has a hand in his decision.

And it's probably his LEFT hand...

Wilson would get a pretty good spot in this year's draft. With Jones and Matt Barkley returning, I think this year's class suits him better than next years'.

BP has driven players away before, both at Louisville and Arkansas.

No doubt he is the most hard-nosed coach to never win anything significant. I think it puts players off after a while. Now, taking a lashing from Saban is ok... but someone who can't even win a divisional title?

Wilson would get a pretty good spot in this year's draft. With Jones and Matt Barkley returning, I think this year's class suits him better than next years'.

Then again, if he makes a lot of noise by the end of next year, he could be in a better spot...

Not sure Jacob. Just seems like if he went, there would be some underlying factor pushing it because he is obviously not ready and this QB class is stacked. BP has driven players away before, both at Louisville and Arkansas.

I wouldn't call this QB draft strong. There's Luck, RG III, then a bunch of question marks. The other day Kiper had Wilson as his #3 QB on the board, if he chose to come out. I'm sure that's weighing on his decision. Sure he needs another year in college in my opinion, but who knows what he's hearing. I'm 99% sure he comes back though.

But again, just for fun, I can't really think of any player that Petrino has "run off" from Arkansas. Am I missing anyone?

No doubt he is the most hard-nosed coach to never win anything significant. I think it puts players off after a while. Now, taking a lashing from Saban is ok... but someone who can't even win a divisional title?

Don't you have local teenage boys to stalk at local sporting fields? Get that weak s--t outta here.

I wouldn't call this QB draft strong. There's Luck, RG III, then a bunch of question marks. The other day Kiper had Wilson as his #3 QB on the board, if he chose to come out. I'm sure that's weighing on his decision. Sure he needs another year in college in my opinion, but who knows what he's hearing. I'm 99% sure he comes back though.

But again, just for fun, I can't really think of any player that Petrino has "run off" from Arkansas. Am I missing anyone?

Tannehill would go higher in my opinion. He'd be in the Russell Wilson, Kellen Moore, and Kirk Cousins area. Maybe a 4th or 5th rounder. Which isn't bad, but I think he's capable of being a 1st or 2nd rounder. Of course he could tear up the combine and workouts and get there anyways.

Off the top of my head, I know Matt Hall transferred because of BP

Matt Hall didn't transfer because of BP. He transferred because of Houston Nutt.

Matt Hall didn't transfer because of BP. He transferred because of Houston Nutt.

That's not what he said at my house back in the spring.

That's not what he said at my house back in the fall.

Ummmmmmm...?

Don't you have local teenage boys to stalk at local sporting fields? Get that weak s--t outta here.

How many SEC Titles does Bobby have? SEC West Titles? Has he ever been to Atlanta since he ran our like a coward on a losing streak? How many BCS Bowls have the Razorbacks won under him? They have, what? The 4th best record in the West since he has been at Arkansas? He has a smug, elitist mentality and it's ridiculous.

Matt Hall was going to sit on the bench because he couldn't pass block. That much is known.

Matt Hall's mommy refused to sign his LOI to Arkansas for awhile because she wanted him to play for Houston Nutt.

Matt Hall's mommy then started granting interviews, citing "broken promises" and I can't remember the exact quote, but something along the lines of our coaches weren't as 'friendly and emotional" as the OM staff.

Then the Hall family blew a gasket when the Arkansas staff refused to give him a release to Ole Miss.

Hall was probably never going to start on the OL at Arkansas. He couldn't pick up pass protection schemes. It also seems he wanted someone to hug him and tell him everything would be ok, and that's not how BMFP's staff does things. Thank god.

How many SEC Titles does Bobby have? SEC West Titles? Has he ever been to Atlanta since he ran our like a coward on a losing streak? How many BCS Bowls have the Razorbacks won under him? They have, what? The 4th best record in the West since he has been at Arkansas? He has a smug, elitist mentality and it's ridiculous.

FanninFan's just mad because people have been posting his picture around local parks and playgrounds.

I didn't realize this was a Bobby Petrino thread, but I'd take him over the toothless wonder you have in Auburn 8 days a week. We've all seen what he's capable of when he doesn't have a Cam Newton on standby. I didn't realize that unless you'd won the SEC West, you're not allowed to be demanding and hard on your players.

What should he have? A greasy smile and used-car-salesman attitude? A serene holier-than-thou attitude? An unsmug, defeatist mentality? Give me a break.

It also seems he wanted someone to hug him and tell him everything would be ok, and that's not how BMFP's staff does things. Thank god.

Everybody needs a hug sometimes.

FanninFan's just mad because people have been posting his picture around local parks and playgrounds.

I didn't realize this was a Bobby Petrino thread, but I'd take him over the toothless wonder you have in Auburn 8 days a week. We've all seen what he's capable of when he doesn't have a Cam Newton on standby. I didn't realize that unless you'd won the SEC West, you're not allowed to be demanding and hard on your players.

I'll take it you're not a fan of rings...

What should he have? A greasy smile and used-car-salesman attitude? A serene holier-than-thou attitude? An unsmug, defeatist mentality? Give me a break.

Ever since he's been at Auburn Chizik has reminded me of this guy. Me and my wife always call him "pal" when we're watching their games.

I'll take it you're not a fan of rings...

Yup. Enjoy that ring. Maybe it'll come back in style by the time you win another one...

Sure, I'm a fan of them. I hope we get one soon. What I'm not a fan of is selling your soul (and your son, depending on which party we're talking about in the situation) to get one. To each his own.

As for Wilson, if it were up to Petrino I'm sure he would advise him that he needed to stay for his senior year. And I think Wilson will.

But if not, we have Brandon Mitchell and Brandon Allen on campus, both of whom I'm sure are fully capable.

Yup. Enjoy that ring. Maybe it'll come back in style by the time you win another one...

Remind me again when Arkansas won their last?

• Booger
      Looks like someone popped him in the snout a few times
    • Stefanozz
      First of all good game ARK fans.  Every year this game drives me crazy.  This years Stupid for us: 1. Kirk muffing a punt first thing handing ARK 7.  He also uncharacteristically dropped a few passes. 2. A combination of bad play calling and QB inadequacy for 3 quarters.   3. Our secondary was bad bad bad.  ARK should have throw the ball to #4 over and over and over, you guys would have had 60 points.  Harvey (#1) was having a horrible game covering him. The great stuff was the goal line stands by our D, and the ability for our defense to come out after that 10 minute drive and still not break.  I truly though we were done after that long drive.(even though we held at the goal line.)  I figured our defense would be like butter the rest of the night but they came out and finished the game.. 60 minutes  wow. 2014 Sugar Bowl Trevor Knight,  come out come out wherever you are?!?!?
    • bbqit
      Funny that the best uscw has done in a long time was under O
    • JoeGator
      Can you imagine if UF played a complete game?    
    • HFC Derek Mason
      Lsu is going to offer Petrino. Just have a feeling. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4
      RammaJamma