• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

URHatinIt

Mizzou Recruiting

259 posts in this topic

This years class was shaping up to be one of the best in recent yrs for Mizzou. But recently decommitments (boehm,williams,ifedi most notably) have taken its toll on what was shaping up to be a solid class. There is some hope for this weekend when Mizzou will be hosting about 20 visitors including Boehm and Javonte Magee. Right now Mizzou's class would rank dead last (according to rival) in the SEC. Mizzou really needs to go into the SEC with some kind of momentum not only on the field but in recruiting as well.

I think being in the SEC will help you guys get some better recruits. Good luck.

JD

I think being in the SEC will help you guys get some better recruits. Good luck.

JD

If not, then katy bar the door.

First commitment for the weekend is in... S/RB Ka'Ra Stewart from O'Fallon, Illinois. Been getting some nice offers the last few months.

JD

The reaction of the move to the SEC has generated some positive buzz from the St.Louis area. There have been more mixed reactions from the Kansas City area.

Frank Haith lands 5* Oregon transfer Jabari Brown. Mizzou is also one of the favorites to land Pitt transfer Khem Birch.

Can any of you guys tell me who the big names will be in MO for the 2013 class?

Getting Brown is a great pickup for Mizzou. He can ball. I know Kentucky's in on Birch as well.

4* OL Evan Boehm has re-commited to Mizzou. Mizzou beats out Auburn for his services.

So what's with the recent de-commits? Was it the performance this season on the field?

So what's with the recent de-commits? Was it the performance this season on the field?

I think that had a lot to do with it.

Mizzou gets a commitment from 3* TE Sean Culkin from Largo,FL. Mizzou's increased effort to recruit the southeast is paying early dividends.

Texas wr Darius White is transferring to Mizzou. White was a 4* recruit coming out of hs.

Frank Haith lands 5* Oregon transfer Jabari Brown. Mizzou is also one of the favorites to land Pitt transfer Khem Birch.

Getting Brown is a great pickup for Mizzou. He can ball. I know Kentucky's in on Birch as well.

We are a lot more in it that either of you two are.

From his mama on 1/2:

“Starting tomorrow he’s going to go to visit Florida, New Mexico State and UNLV,” Wendy Sparks said. “The next week he wants to take a visit too. I’m not sure where he’s going to visit next but he wants to make his decision next week.”

Gonzaga and Oregon State, according to Sparks (mama), are on a list for visits as well. The reality is a decision is in the near future so the process is more like speed dating. By mid-January at the latest, Birch will need to be enrolled in a new school.

Allegedly Birch is deciding today between Florida and UNLV.

5* Anthony Bennett.has those two in his top5.

They are very close friends.

Allegedly Birch is deciding today between Florida and UNLV.

5* Anthony Bennett.has those two in his top5.

They are very close friends.

I believe Mizzou was one of the favorites but Pitt feared mizzou may have tampered with Birch. Mizzou also never asked for his release because of some shady people around him.

We were after him back then, but we backed off quite awhile back.

We were after him back then, but we backed off quite awhile back.

Of course.

I think we have legitimately beaten out UK for maybe 1 or 2 recruits ever.

Yeah, came out late last night.

Didn't feel like posting about another 5* we've missed on.

:(

I really don't understand, with Donovan's record with bigs, how NONE of them want to play here.

I don't think anything in any sport we have gets under my skin more.

Mizzou coaches Steckel and Ford had an in-home visit with Will Hines last night

JD

That's what I'm thinking....it may take a season or two of being in the conference and getting exposure to the SEC recruiting channels but I think Missouri will see a steady improvement in recruiting as they go. It took USC a few seasons to get the recruiting ball rolling in terms of being able to just keep pace with the rest of the conference & we had to get a name like Holtz to really ramp it up and go from ranking in the 20's routinely and getting up there into the 15-12 range in terms of ranking. Then Spurrier arrived and it really took off and the rest is history....now it seems if we don't make it in the top 10, we have a certain segment of our fan base who think we're going back to the days of 5-7.