• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zartan

When will Tennessee win a big game again?

50 posts in this topic

i was pondering the Vols' impending doom this Saturday, and i got to thinking...when was the last time UT beat either UF or the Tide? 2006?

i can't remember the last time UT won any game they were expected to lose...maybe that S. Carolina game a few years ago where the Cocks just imploded with turnovers?

i guess being content with UK and Vandy rivalries is the new normal...

the Vandy/UT game will be a good'un this year

the Vandy/UT game will be a good'un this year

It will be a good game yes, but if UT wins it won't be considered as UT winning a big game. Now if they beat USC, then that will be big for them. Thats the game I think they have the best shot at, and I wouldn't hate seeing it happen :)

oh I know it won't be considered a big win...I was just stating that this year it will be a good one.

A big win this year would be them beating bama

Karma is a cold hard beooch sometimes couldn't happen to a better program.

Your best shot in a while will be Florida at home next year.

Well, not this weekend in T-town.

Almost pulled off the biggest one in 09', man that was an ugly game.

Tennessee will win a big game once their roster is filled with juniors and seniors rather than freshman and sophmores like it is now. 2012 is the year everyone is supposed to be excited about but all the vols fans got caught up in Brays success as a freshman and now with the injuries all the issues are begining to show. They will win something next year.

It will be a good game yes, but if UT wins it won't be considered as UT winning a big game. Now if they beat USC, then that will be big for them. Thats the game I think they have the best shot at, and I wouldn't hate seeing it happen :)

For some reason I figured as much.

Hell, 2 years ago them Vols gave me a stroke. I'm not counting them out.

Florida has 69 scholarship players now that Dee Finley is transferring.

We will not be good next year either.

So if you can't beat us in Neyland in 2012... y'all are in trouble.

Next year or the year after Tenn is going to suprise the s--t out of everyone.They have the building block to be a championship team.But we shall see.

Next year or the year after Tenn is going to suprise the s--t out of everyone.They have the building block to be a championship team.But we shall see.

Dont get carried away experience doesn't necessarily mean talent.

Best qb.Best WR duo.OK O line.Need a RB.And there O alone will give ANY team fits.

Best qb.Best WR duo.OK O line.Need a RB.And there O alone will give ANY team fits.

Yep............Sounds word for word what I heard about State about this season.

From who?Mullen?That's crazy talk.

From who?Mullen?That's crazy talk.

Well, coming into the season, we had the most experienced QB in the West. We had all of our receivers back and our star running back. We had our entire defensive secondary back, and the majority of the D line, including two tackles that were supposed to be two of the best in the nation. We had a decent kicker coming back. The only places we were shaky were certain spots on the O line and at linebacker. Lots of people had us picked to make noise this year, not just Mullen.

Oh, and by the way, the guy who told you experience doesn't equal talent, listen to him.......Words of wisdom.

Upperclassmen (RS-SO+) in 2 deep roster

Florida - 26

Georgia - 27

Auburn - 21

South Carolina - 27

Alabama - 30

Ole Miss - 24

Miss State - 28

Kentucky - 25

Vanderbilt - 24

Arkansas - 31

LSU - 29

Tennessee – 17

Rivals 4 and 5 Star Players currently on rosters

LSU 67

Bama 80

Florida 71

UGA 55

UT 36

Rivals 4 & 5 stars last two season + current (verbals) recruiting class

LSU 39

Bama 42

Florida 44

UGA 26

Tennessee 32

Considering the 2009 recruiting class was barely held together by Dooley less than a month after he was hired, he is doing a good job building back for the future.

Right now the Vols are not only young, but they have basically no depth and are competing against more talented teams. If things go well for them next year they might be able to get 8 wins, but I would say 2013 is the soonest I could see them having a shot as a contender based off of the roster.

Overall I don’t think Tennessee fans understand how bad things got with both coaching changes. We got sparse talent for two straight recruiting classes (we actually signed a nice class with Kiffin, but most of the players have left). Kiffin didn’t get us NCAA sanctions but he basically gave us the same result.

It is dumb to want to fire Dooley at this point, if we still stink in ’13 then sure but no one could win in the situation that he took over.

Rivals 4 and 5 Star Players currently on rosters

LSU 67

Bama 80

Florida 71

UGA 55

UT 36

I don't think it's that high yet.

Florida has 69 scholarship players now that Dee Finley is transferring.

We will not be good next year either.

So if you can't beat us in Neyland in 2012... y'all are in trouble.

If they don't beat y'all next year they never will. They are already never beating Bama again. :trollface:

2012 will be the year Tennessee wins a big game, the soonest they will be at SEC Champion caliber level will be 2013. They can be one of the favorites for the east in 2012 with a good class and a healthy Hunter and Bray. The biggest issue is without Hunter and Bray, UT is at about 60% strength. If they were to lose Da'Rick that falls even more. I think UT would have beaten UGA with Hunter on the field and I think the same with USC. Depth is the biggest issue, and they won't beat anyone worthy until Dooley fixes that.

Well, coming into the season, we had the most experienced QB in the West. We had all of our receivers back and our star running back. We had our entire defensive secondary back, and the majority of the D line, including two tackles that were supposed to be two of the best in the nation. We had a decent kicker coming back. The only places we were shaky were certain spots on the O line and at linebacker. Lots of people had us picked to make noise this year, not just Mullen.

Oh, and by the way, the guy who told you experience doesn't equal talent, listen to him.......Words of wisdom.

I never said anything about experience.UTs players are just better than yours.They have talent at skill positions.

I don't think it's that high yet.

If they don't beat y'all next year they never will. They are already never beating Bama again. :trollface:

The numbers were from VolQuest (Rivals) they may be wrong, but typically its fairly accurate.

Word for word? From who?

• TheRealBrave
      I can safely say it is impossible for a QB to have a sluggish start vs. Georgia right now
    • L.A.Hog
      No one with a family and common sense want trump to destroy this country....
    • TheRealBrave
      Something that bothered me was Lester Holt being Hillary's personal fact checker and attempting to correct Trump consistently. He didn't jump on her for lying when she denied saying TPP is the gold standard of trade deals. It is plain as day that she said it, and relatively recently.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLQzeCoNnA&app=desktop
    • Mizzou_Fan
      So now we'll move on to LSU and Tennessee. 
    • Flea
      LSU is the only Power 5 team in a state with a tiny population compared to Texas.  LSU and Bama made out like bandits by bringing in A&M.  And to show how autonomous LSU is, wasn't their recent change decided at ULL game?   Houston?  A serious multi-year threat?  With their pack 45,000 seat stadium and limited funds?   They flash every few decades. They won't keep TH that long.   tu?  Can't compete with the SEC brand.  TCU and Baylor?  Self-destruct at least once per 20 years.   
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    4. 4
      razorhead