JDawg

The Random Thought Thread

15,681 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Lightening has been crazy lately. A couple weeks ago the house across the street from us got struck and caught fire. I’ve never heard anything so loud in my life. We saw light flash under the front door and the entire place shook. I thought it was us. Opened the garage door and smelled burning rubber and then saw smoke from the house across street. Luckily it was just a small fire that didn’t cause much damage

That is a wild sight. Watched the ground smoke after a strike and nothing will grow there till next year

54 minutes ago, bbqit said:

That is a wild sight. Watched the ground smoke after a strike and nothing will grow there till next year

Ain’t that some crazy shit?  Burn it with fire and it will grow better. Burn it with lightening and it won’t grow at all

1 hour ago, GoldenRebel said:

Ain’t that some crazy shit?  Burn it with fire and it will grow better. Burn it with lightening and it won’t grow at all

Electricity

On 8/8/2018 at 10:39 AM, GoldenRebel said:

Actually don’t think I’ve ever had one. Do they taste like they smell?  A local fish house does chitterlings on Wednesday’s. The smell is god awful

I guess you haven't been to many hog renderings. You use everything but the oink, souse meat, head cheese, feet, lard, soap,

and chitlins.

9 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

See this @bbqit

5DB935B2-D56A-4A5D-888D-32397FB677AC.png

Yes. My wife sent me that just this morning! Does this finally mean the Mississippi game and fish will say they exist in ms? This isn’t the first pic I’ve seen of big cats but the closest pic. It appears to be similar distance as when I met one. The person taking that pic got gold and pissed off game and fish. Thanks for sharing!

3 minutes ago, Herchel said:

I guess you haven't been to many hog renderings. You use everything but the oink, souse meat, head cheese, feet, lard, soap,

and chitlins.

First time I went to the farm’s hog killing I was about first grade old. I checked my self and stayed far away from one certain person. My first  sight was a hundred set of Nutts nailed to a fence post

Just now, bbqit said:

First time I went to the farm’s hog killing I was about first grade old. I checked my self and stayed far away from one certain person. My first  sight was a hundred set of Nutts nailed to a fence post

Gotta love them mountain oysters.

9 minutes ago, bbqit said:

Yes. My wife sent me that just this morning! Does this finally mean the Mississippi game and fish will say they exist in ms? This isn’t the first pic I’ve seen of big cats but the closest pic. It appears to be similar distance as when I met one. The person taking that pic got gold and pissed off game and fish. Thanks for sharing!

From what I can gather Game and Fish will not acknowledge their existence until it’s proven they mate in MS. At that point the state will have to spend $$$ for protected species (or something). Which is why they won’t acknowledge it right now I’m sure 

4 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

From what I can gather Game and Fish will not acknowledge their existence until it’s proven they mate in MS. At that point the state will have to spend $$$ for protected species (or something). Which is why they won’t acknowledge it right now I’m sure 

Got a close friend who works for them. He handles nussance animals. He won’t even look at the pic. It means he would have to go to a call about one bothering folks if they said they existed

2 hours ago, Herchel said:

Gotta love them mountain oysters.

We slice em thin and fry them in cornmeal.  Call em pork fries.

2 hours ago, GoldenRebel said:

Buddy of mine in college had one on video on Tallahatchie refuge. Took it from a homebuilt ultralight plane in a field. Ridiculously obvious that it was a tawny colored panther.

Dr Schropshire (head of mdwfp at the time) took one look and said it was a housecat.

4 hours ago, GoldenRebel said:

See this @bbqit

5DB935B2-D56A-4A5D-888D-32397FB677AC.png

I think I may have told this story before but when I was a kid I saw one in our yard just like that. I still even remember we were having KFC for dinner when a couple beagles my uncle just got went to yelping. Damn thing almost killed one of those beagles it tore one of it's ears about all the way off.

My grandpa bought about 650 acres in Colbert county made a road to the middle and built a house. The only people that had been on that land in years were coon hunters and moon shiners. It was wild like that they killed like 12 rattlesnakes building the house. It wasn't nothing to be out on the tractor and wild turkey run along by you.

Walking to a deer stand I came up on the cane break. I heard a deer grunt on the other side of the cane break so I froze. A few seconds later the deer bolted. I walked around the break and there he was. Big mother fucker. I shit a brick. I was in a part of panther burn called king Emory. Once he left I did too. I sprint to the 4 wheeler and full speed home

15 hours ago, dawgbit said:

We slice em thin and fry them in cornmeal.  Call em pork fries.

We call bull balls beef fries.

Getting service done on lease car... took wifey with me, big fucking mistake..... she’s looking at the pathfinder.