JDawg

The Random Thought Thread

15,359 posts in this topic

On pace for 0 today 😁

9 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

On pace for 0 today 😁

I watched the men lay one irrigation like. One! I told them it will be hotter this afternoon. 

Whew 10 more minutes and this stretch of 14 days straight working 12 and 13hrs a day will be over.. I may drink a 6er on the ride home to celebrate..

Still on engine 0.....😁

3 hours ago, possumslayer said:

Still on engine 0.....😁

Just make Flintstones. 

20 hours ago, RammaJamma said:

Whew 10 more minutes and this stretch of 14 days straight working 12 and 13hrs a day will be over.. I may drink a 6er on the ride home to celebrate..

One time I was on a job at IP's mill in Mobile. I got up at 0600 and it was 85 deg. We spent all day on top of a paper machine. The steel was too hot to touch. It was 105 outside. When I sat in front of a hole in the wall, it felt like a window unit air conditioner. I drank 8 gatorades and never peed.

46 minutes ago, Herchel said:

One time I was on a job at IP's mill in Mobile. I got up at 0600 and it was 85 deg. We spent all day on top of a paper machine. The steel was too hot to touch. It was 105 outside. When I sat in front of a hole in the wall, it felt like a window unit air conditioner. I drank 8 gatorades and never peed.

One time?  

Ok that’s hot but do that daily

3 hours ago, bbqit said:

Just make Flintstones. 

26!

8 hours ago, bbqit said:

One time?  

Worked at Goodrich and the mills I worked on were 115 in the winter...

everyday

15 hours ago, bbqit said:

One time?  

That was one time. Many of my customers were paper mills. In Canton, NC, you had to wear a cool suit and have oxygen piped in.

On 7/10/2018 at 2:32 PM, Herchel said:

I can't believe they shut down IP's mill up here in Courtland Alabama. Can you believe they are tearing the whole plant down and scrapping the metal? I tell ya that hurt some folks in that area it was about the only job around that paid enough to live on. I sure don't miss all them damn log trucks though.

1 hour ago, RammaJamma said:

I can't believe they shut down IP's mill up here in Courtland Alabama. Can you believe they are tearing the whole plant down and scrapping the metal? I tell ya that hurt some folks in that area it was about the only job around that paid enough to live on. I sure don't miss all them damn log trucks though.

Seems they have been closing a lot of them. 

1 hour ago, bbqit said:

Seems they have been closing a lot of them. 

There's one over by Arkansas City.It's still running because it's one of the most modern.It was built in the late 70's.

For this area,if it closed,it would be a dagger..

31 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

There's one over by Arkansas City.It's still running because it's one of the most modern.It was built in the late 70's.

For this area,if it closed,it would be a dagger..

Brown Foreman the company that makes barrels for Jack Daniels built a plant about two years ago but until then with IP closing there was nothing in Lawrence county. The city of Courtland has always been just a spot in the road but they lost revenue they'll probably never see again with IP gone.

IP was hiring people right up until the day they closed the doors. It's like nobody knew it was closing then one day someone walked in and said it's over...

12 hours ago, Herchel said:

That was one time. Many of my customers were paper mills. In Canton, NC, you had to wear a cool suit and have oxygen piped in.

I hated Canton. When dad did a 5 year stint at Bragg we use to drive past Canton headed to Maryville TN. The smell was horrid. Same with Port Wentworth in Ga. It's not as bad as it was in the 80s but it still stinks. I do a lot of inshore stuff from there now. 

I did  a week at a paper mill. I quit when I started remembering stuff from college chemistry and looking up what was leaking out of the vats. 

Reason I am glad I am not dating in the modern age

36978259_936743056521694_851503036665272

15 hours ago, RammaJamma said:

I did 4 IP mills, Mobile, Moss Point, Georgetown, SC, and Camden, AR.

12 hours ago, smokeyone said:

I hated Canton. When dad did a 5 year stint at Bragg we use to drive past Canton headed to Maryville TN. The smell was horrid. Same with Port Wentworth in Ga. It's not as bad as it was in the 80s but it still stinks. I do a lot of inshore stuff from there now. 

I did  a week at a paper mill. I quit when I started remembering stuff from college chemistry and looking up what was leaking out of the vats. 

The smell and what was leaking was black liquor. Dr. Herty in Savannah invented the sulfite process which allows paper to be made from pine trees. The liquor breaks down the lignens in soft wood. I used to say it was the smell of money.

45 minutes ago, Herchel said:

The smell and what was leaking was black liquor. Dr. Herty in Savannah invented the sulfite process which allows paper to be made from pine trees. The liquor breaks down the lignens in soft wood. I used to say it was the smell of money.

I tried to get over the smell but it never happened 

1 hour ago, smokeyone said:

I tried to get over the smell but it never happened 

Title of your sex tape?

1 hour ago, dawgbit said:

Title of your sex tape?

The sequel

once you get past the smell you got it licked

1 hour ago, dawgbit said:

Title of your sex tape?

No sir. I live by the credo that you never put any part of your body where you can't put your nose. 

If I had a sex tape out it would be on Reddit under the how to preform above expectations section in the sub Reddit how to enjoy sex.

49 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

No sir. I live by the credo that you never put any part of your body where you can't put your nose. 

If I had a sex tape out it would be on Reddit under the how to preform above expectations section in the sub Reddit how to enjoy sex.

That's something the vols football team has not mastered yet.

10 minutes ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

That's something the vols football team has not mastered yet.

Think they're still trying to figure out that proper shower etiquette that Dooley was going on about.