JDawg

The Random Thought Thread

15,076 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RammaJamma said:

I was shooting the breeze with some guys that work for some contractor we have at work right now earlier. One guy said he hasn't filed his taxes going on ten years now! I would already be under the jail...

No shit RJ,down here some houses and businesses mysteriously burned,I was concerned mine might catch fire and I would be in jail...haha..

30 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

No shit RJ,down here some houses and businesses mysteriously burned,I was concerned mine might catch fire and I would be in jail...haha..

I'm telling ya that's the way my luck is too... I see people drive around without a tag and probably insurance. I couldn't make it five miles down the road and I'd be pulled over.

That guy didn't seem to even be worried or care it'll catch-up one day.

Y’all got that guilty look. I got it too. I will never play high stakes poker

6 hours and twenty five minutes starts the six day weekend 💥👍🏿👍🏻

yall like academy sports?

I don't have one near me, but im peeping a couple grills online.

bottom of my current grill is a cookie sheet. so its fixin to be time for an upgrade.

18 minutes ago, foxflyer5 said:

bottom of my current grill is a cookie sheet. so its fixin to be time for an upgrade.

Check Home Depot. They gave me free delivery

33 minutes ago, foxflyer5 said:

I don't mind them. Not sure I would use them as my first source to grill shop, though. Are you looking for gas or charcoal?

BGE is one of the best purchases I ever made.

2 hours ago, foxflyer5 said:

No. They are a cost cutter that pushes price point house brand and in house models. A lot of the name brand stuff they carry is lower grade models made by the manufacturer for them. 

Are you looking for a grill? Smoker? Combo? 

Best all round for me is a pellet grill. It is a do all that does most things right. The limitations are pellets, the need for electricity. 

If you smoke a lot then look at an Orion. It is the best smoker out there for the money

If grilling is your plan then the Webber smokey Joe is a great option. 

I don't do IR or Gas so I cannot speak to them.

I was talking to my grills the other day. One is gas, one is charcoal and one is electric. (Fire box at the shop so total of 4). They said each has their own usefulness so get what ya want. Price, name and style are enough to make you look at a few hundred and all be different. What I’ve noticed is unless you make a big jump in price either the metal is thin or the need for replacement parts begins too soon

I’m on my second CharBroil in 25 years. It’s a charcoal barrel style, cast iron grates, and optional smoker box on side. I bought both my grills at Kroger for $99. The ash catcher will rust out/burn thru in about 5 years, but the grills last good and cook great once you get the grated seasoned (hint: coat them with lard and cook 10lbs of leg quarters on them a couple of times to season). 

And by the way, my grill gets used at least once a week year round. Also, go to Lowe’s this weekend and stock up on 1/2 price Kingsford charcoal.

I've gotten spoiled by my electric,remote control,smoker.Set it and forget it.

Thanks qit for letting us know about it.

my current was the floor model at walmart that I spent $15 for 12 years ago.  so I got my moneys worth.

im just looking for a charcoal grill to replace it.  possibly CharBroil, or i did see some other brand with the Kingsford logo slapped on it.  $100 is about my limit, cuz I already have a smoker.  this would just be for light duty and such.

6 hours ago, foxflyer5 said:

did I say grills?

I meant girls.

2 hours ago, foxflyer5 said:

did I say grills?

I meant girls.

A grill won’t leave you for a different spatula

1 hour ago, bbqit said:

A grill won’t leave you for a different spatula

Also will never tell you it's got a headache when you get a few beers in you and decide to throw some meat in it...

I bought a Kamado knockoff a few years ago and love it. My egg didn't survive the move back to Mississippi and I just couldn't pull the trigger on another.

For big grillin and smoking I built my own out of an old propane tank cut down by 1/3rd. Can do about ten Boston butts at a time. Smoked a half-dozen and pulled them for the fire dept and ems this past Wednesday. Did 24 half chickens at once last fall.

Drawback is it takes a pile of charcoal to get it hot and keep it going.

My wife is in Mobile till Wednesday and my @Possum'sSister is nowhere to be found 😢

8 hours ago, dawgbit said:

Also will never tell you it's got a headache when you get a few beers in you and decide to throw some meat in it...

I bought a Kamado knockoff a few years ago and love it. My egg didn't survive the move back to Mississippi and I just couldn't pull the trigger on another.

For big grillin and smoking I built my own out of an old propane tank cut down by 1/3rd. Can do about ten Boston butts at a time. Smoked a half-dozen and pulled them for the fire dept and ems this past Wednesday. Did 24 half chickens at once last fall.

Drawback is it takes a pile of charcoal to get it hot and keep it going.

Mine with a box is an old propane tank. I used floor furnace grates for racks. I made that thing back in 88 or 89. It was a project making something out of scrap. Even found a piece of old trailer to put it on wheels. Filled it with water and let it over flow while I took a lunch break. When I got back I had some men haul the torch to it for me. After I cut the doors I looked around and panther burn was evacuated. Nobody stuck around for that

Man the back of my neck feels like I slept on a grill last night I am cooked. My stepson graduated last night so yesterday we had a big throwdown down here being river rats all day. We had what seemed like his whole class here I know I grilled about 60 burgers and hot dogs but them damn kids can eat. Now they're off to the beach in a few days then back home to start the real world.. time to stop smoking that dope and get a damn job.

I got one in her 3rd year at Alabama another one now about to start down there and one more going into what will be his last year of high school..... I'm gonna leave this can here by the door for any donations or spare change y'all might have. Thanks

13 hours ago, foxflyer5 said:

my current was the floor model at walmart that I spent $15 for 12 years ago.  so I got my moneys worth.

im just looking for a charcoal grill to replace it.  possibly CharBroil, or i did see some other brand with the Kingsford logo slapped on it.  $100 is about my limit, cuz I already have a smoker.  this would just be for light duty and such.

My Webber Smokey Joe is going on 20 years of light duty. It's the travel, just cook small stuff grill. 

1 hour ago, bbqit said:

Mine with a box is an old propane tank. I used floor furnace grates for racks. I made that thing back in 88 or 89. It was a project making something out of scrap. Even found a piece of old trailer to put it on wheels. Filled it with water and let it over flow while I took a lunch break. When I got back I had some men haul the torch to it for me. After I cut the doors I looked around and panther burn was evacuated. Nobody stuck around for that

Made mine in the early 90's to haul around for college cookouts. Used square tubing to buildIMG_20180526_082911.thumb.jpg.27fa40231940b4d966bc93316f7e819f.jpg a frame for trailer tires.

I got some stainless expanded metal for grates and racks. Have to replace em every 5 years or so.

Wish I had cut 2 doors instead of 1 but it gets the job done.

Anybody got a Traeger cooker/grill.  If so, how do you like it?  The wife and I have been looking at them thinking we may possibly get one.

27 minutes ago, dawgbit said:

Made mine in the early 90's to haul around for college cookouts. Used square tubing to buildIMG_20180526_082911.thumb.jpg.27fa40231940b4d966bc93316f7e819f.jpg a frame for trailer tires.

I got some stainless expanded metal for grates and racks. Have to replace em every 5 years or so.

Wish I had cut 2 doors instead of 1 but it gets the job done.

Looks real similar to mine. I do have a two door and duel exhaust. Board on both sides. 

9 hours ago, possumslayer said:

My wife is in Mobile till Wednesday and my @Possum'sSister is nowhere to be found 😢

I had to put up hay boo! I’m here and ready to play!

15 minutes ago, Possum'sSister said:

I had to put up hay boo! I’m here and ready to play!

Hi,I'm glad the three of you are back....