• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1dawgfan09

What can anyone tell me about accomadations in Gulf Shore's, AL?

8 posts in this topic

I don't really wanna go again this year, but it's close and cheaper than most other vacation spots. Right now we are looking at some place called Bell Sole or something. Anybody know anything about it? Where do ya''l normally stay, especially the Alabamians. I would think you guys would know the place the best.

In my experience, all those condos are about the same.

In my experience, all those condos are about the same.

Really? The one we normally stay in--The Phoenix--seems to get shabbier and shabbier every year.

Hey man, this might help out a little. If you are wanting a change of pace from Gulf Shores, check out Fort Morgan and the condos there. The pricing isn't too bad, and it is just beautiful. It's been a while, but I would say its a 15 min drive to all the attractions in Gulf Shores, but as far as beach- there is a ton of beach, and not a ton of people. It's a peninsula that juts out toward Dauphin Island. That's where I go every year and spend a week catching speckled trout and tarpon.

The Phoenix line of Condos have always served us well when staying in Orange Beach....very nice line of Condos. I highly recommend them and Brett-Robinson Realty rents them.

Hey man, this might help out a little. If you are wanting a change of pace from Gulf Shores, check out Fort Morgan and the condos there. The pricing isn't too bad, and it is just beautiful. It's been a while, but I would say its a 15 min drive to all the attractions in Gulf Shores, but as far as beach- there is a ton of beach, and not a ton of people. It's a peninsula that juts out toward Dauphin Island. That's where I go every year and spend a week catching speckled trout and tarpon.
Fort Morgan is nice and the actual Fort at the tip of the Island is always worth going and hanging out at for a couple of hours, especially on a rainy or cloudy day.

I'd recommend Ft. Morgan as well. It's a drive from restaurants and stuff, but worth it. Better view, better beach, less people.

Really? The one we normally stay in--The Phoenix--seems to get shabbier and shabbier every year.

Hey, maybe I've only stayed in the crappy ones LOL