JohnRambo

SECTalk.com Weigh In

3,301 posts in this topic

Just got back from my daily 3 mile lunch run.

Get off your asses ladies and get healthy.

That would require me to quit playing Minecraft.

6'0" 180lbs....I'm in good shape. I've run through P90X three times now so I'm feelin great. Also bought a bench press a month ago...never owned one until now.

Just got back from my daily 3 mile lunch run.

Get off your asses ladies and get healthy.

Can't. That's usually when I go see your wife.

5'7 200. I want to get down to 190. I use to be big in the lifting. I never really got cut, just bigger.

If you really want to lose weight and keep it off it's not about a diet. It's about a life style change.

Swimming is what I need to get on. Its fun, plus it sheds the lbs.

I've always been told that swimming isn't great for losing weight.

Should I assume you're joking and just admit that I didn't catch the sarcasm? :D

Should I assume you're joking and just admit that I didn't catch the sarcasm? :D

Nope, I'm serious.

Nope, I'm serious.

Its all cardio my friend. And cardio is what sheds the fat.

...or should I assume that was sarcastic as well? I'm not on point today

You've been lied to.

5'11" 181 - 186 lbs Though the span of a week.

Im cycling and lifting weights 175 ripped is the goal.

6'1" 190...Trying to get down to lose some of my gut and get down to about 175. I started at about 210 at the beginning of the year and have just cut out a bunch of junk food and have been trying to watch my calories. Like Boots, if I work out everyday and eat right, I can drop 10 pounds a week but with the final semester of college going on I haven't really had the time to work out.

Swimming is great cardio work, and since you're using just about every muscle in your body, it burns calories at a higher rate than running. 15 minutes in the pool doing laps will gas you like nothing else.

Swimming is great cardio work, and since you're using just about every muscle in your body, it burns calories at a higher rate than running. 15 minutes in the pool doing laps will gas you like nothing else.

not to mention great resistance

Damn, imma start swimming more.

Do it. Water is one of the most resistant forces in nature. Just like running around a swimming pool to create a whirlpool then try to run against it.

Dudes in Golds gym don't know what strong is to be able to do that easily.

6'4

135lbs

Yeah I'm super skinny. Going to start working out again over the summer because I can get results pretty quick just gotta be consistent about it. Pretty active with basketball, tennis, and flag football on campus.

5'9", anywhere from 150 to 155 lbs. I got the exact opposite problem as most of you fellas on here... I literally couldn't get fat if I sat around and ate cookies and potato chips all day long because I have such a fast metabolism. I'm looking to add a protein supplement to my workout. Would like to gain about 15 lbs of mass and keep it for a change.

6'1

I gained a ton post-high school football, topping out at 280. Got down to about 230, went to Korea, and Kimchi'ed my ass down to 205. The last 2 months have been all partying and no working out, but I'm back on track now and I am losing about 2 lbs a week with running and joining the local Planet Fitness. Goal weight is 199. I haven't been under 200 lbs since middle school.

Someone needs to start a thread for Before and After pictures. Something like a "Men's Health Belly Off Club"

Also, I'm calling BS on SECTALK having all these posters be 6'1+

5'10" and 175-177. Like Chalk and Hobnails, I am a firm believer in myfitnesspal. Maintaining a food diary is a major step in losing weight.

Anyway, I'm down from a high of 220 from a couple years back and am about to run in a half marathon here in Nashville in a little less than two weeks. I'm pretty proud of myself. I still indulge, but I make sure to follow those times up with a good run.