JohnRambo

SECTalk.com Weigh In

3,574 posts in this topic

i walked from the bed to the couch, sans crutches, today.

can just feel the energy surging back.  

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a buzzzzz..... I doubt I’ll ride tomorrow.

 

 

@zartan

you run every day?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, possumslayer said:

I got a buzzzzz..... I doubt I’ll ride tomorrow.

 

 

@zartan

you run every day?

Yeah

i nearly died today

extreme dehydration

maybe next time

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, zartan said:

Yeah

i nearly died today

extreme dehydration

maybe next time

There are easier ways to die but I don’t suggest trying any of them. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, possumslayer said:

I got a buzzzzz..... I doubt I’ll ride tomorrow.

 

 

@zartan

you run every day?

You mean besides running away from his sexuality?

:trollface:

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zartan said:

Yeah

i nearly died today

extreme dehydration

maybe next time

That shit can affect you for days after.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dawgbit said:

That shit can affect you for days after.

Running ten miles during the hottest part of the day is asking for a heat stroke.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dawgbit said:

That shit can affect you for days after.

yep

still feel like a corpse

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zartan said:

yep

still feel like a corpse

 

 

Prob be susceptible to heat exhaustion more easily for awhile even after you feel better.

You probably know, but it's not the worst thing to overhydrate for a while even if you're resting just to flush your kidneys and liver. Heat damage can cause muscle tissue to breakdown and impede your system's ability to process.

Edited by dawgbit
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dawgbit said:

Prob be susceptible to heat exhaustion more easily for awhile too.

You probably know, but it's not the worst thing to overhydrate for a while even if you're resting just to flush your kidneys and liver. Heat damage can cause muscle tissue to breakdown and impede your system's ability to process.

i drank a ton of water after running and took an ice cold shower

thought i was fine and took a nap

woke up to piss and ended up down on the bathroom floor sweating buckets

i did not improve until i started pounding gatorade

electrolytes are important

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, zartan said:

i drank a ton of water after running and took an ice cold shower

thought i was fine and took a nap

woke up to piss and ended up down on the bathroom floor sweating buckets

i did not improve until i started pounding gatorade

electrolytes are important

Always a good idea when out in the heat to add a pinch of sugar or a little salt to water. Helps your body hold on to it more. And dawgbit is right. After muscle damage/breakdown, creative kinase myoglobin (CKMB) and troponin is released into the blood. Takes a while for your kidneys to process and eliminate it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So doing a little cut. All the f*ck trophies are gone, house is just the woman and I, so we are trying to do a little two month maintenance cut since this spring was out of control with the food. 

Currently sitting at 183, need to get back down to comp weight by end of summer. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

So doing a little cut. All the f*ck trophies are gone, house is just the woman and I, so we are trying to do a little two month maintenance cut since this spring was out of control with the food. 

Currently sitting at 183, need to get back down to comp weight by end of summer. 

What is the comp weight?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, possumslayer said:

What is the comp weight?

165

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

165

I got about 5 pounds to go before I hit 165..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, possumslayer said:

I got about 5 pounds to go before I hit 165..

I could compete at 180. But those guys at 180 are lifting ridiculous weight. I'm not that much of a man. lol

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hog_heaven said:

So doing a little cut. All the f*ck trophies are gone, house is just the woman and I, so we are trying to do a little two month maintenance cut since this spring was out of control with the food. 

Currently sitting at 183, need to get back down to comp weight by end of summer. 

Currently at 172 right now and feeling pretty good. Not as shredded as I have been in the past but definitely not bad. I’ve basically accepted that this is about where I’ll be most summers from now on. Oh well....my lifts are good, I feel good, and look pretty good. Still, kind of sucks thinking I might not ever hit what my peak was again. Maybe sometime in the next few years I’ll gef a wild hair up my ass and decide to just go all out.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deer look bigger when they run out in front of you and your on a bicycle.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, possumslayer said:

Deer look bigger when they run out in front of you and your on a bicycle.

Deer are f**king massive up close. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

Deer are f**king massive up close. 

Had two rabbits run out in front of me a couple minutes before the deer did.... I need to mount a shotgun and a go pro on my bike.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, possumslayer said:

Had two rabbits run out in front of me a couple minutes before the deer did.... I need to mount a shotgun and a go pro on my bike.

I was out with the family one day, daughter was a baby at the time. We went to a local park, near some woods. Her mom ran to the store real quick and it was just Kayla and I. This doe gets curious about my barely crawling baby as we are sitting in the park. She walks up, fawn behind her, I picked up Kayla and the doe kept walking closer, until she came up, sniffed my daughter, licked her and let me pet her. 

Then her and her fawn just walked away. Back into the woods. I remember thinking, this animal could kill me if she wanted... She's huge! So much bigger alive because when I was hunting growing up, they seemed smaller after being shot.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

I was out with the family one day, daughter was a baby at the time. We went to a local park, near some woods. Her mom ran to the store real quick and it was just Kayla and I. This doe gets curious about my barely crawling baby as we are sitting in the park. She walks up, fawn behind her, I picked up Kayla and the doe kept walking closer, until she came up, sniffed my daughter, licked her and let me pet her. 

Then her and her fawn just walked away. Back into the woods. I remember thinking, this animal could kill me if she wanted... She's huge! So much bigger alive because when I was hunting growing up, they seemed smaller after being shot.

That’s cool!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5’7-5’10?

Sounds like the edger I just bought. I have a hunchback from walking behind it.

 

Like my favorite football coach.

Edited by JoeGator
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now