JohnRambo

SECTalk.com Weigh In

3,504 posts in this topic

R.I.P. running, left knee pain....

picked up a disposable bike at Walmart yesterday, that hadn’t had the brakes adjusted 😡...

road two miles this morning, couldn’t see in the dark... gonna get a headlight and ride to mil’s and back tomorrow, that’ll give me 6 miles.

I struggle bussed my way through 310xAMRAP yesterday for my AMRAP set. 

Then, as a reward for getting 9, I got to add 5lbs do do 5x3 at 315 (80%1RM) every 60 seconds. 

(and then other accessory work because my program is fucking retarded)

I have to keep looking at my legs to make sure they are there. 

8 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

R.I.P. running, left knee pain....

picked up a disposable bike at Walmart yesterday, that hadn’t had the brakes adjusted 😡...

road two miles this morning, couldn’t see in the dark... gonna get a headlight and ride to mil’s and back tomorrow, that’ll give me 6 miles.

I quit running 6 years ago. Ran my last step... Feb 2012 with my last military PT Test. 

7 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

I quit running 6 years ago. Ran my last step... Feb 2012 with my last military PT Test. 

Did you max out in the military?

1 hour ago, possumslayer said:

Did you max out in the military?

Did 10 1/2 years. They tried to send me back to VA. I tried to volunteer to go back to Afghanistan... they refused, I left. LOL

11 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

Did 10 1/2 years. They tried to send me back to VA. I tried to volunteer to go back to Afghanistan... they refused, I left. LOL

Cool! But I was referring to pt testing..

Just now, possumslayer said:

Cool! But I was referring to pt testing..

ah... actually a funny story behind that. 

When I was in the military, I was a smoker. But when I got into exercise and fitness, I got my certifications and everything, I was eager to help others lose weight and get in shape so I requested to become the command's physical fitness coordinator. Which meant I would run the PT tests, I would organize PT for people on the Fitness Enhancement Program (FEP) aka... "fat bodies", etc. 

Well, the command told me I couldn't do it because I was a smoker and it pissed me off. Up to this point, I wouldn't push myself on the PT tests, I would do enough to be in the 90 percentile of all my areas for my age but not try to max out because in all, it really didn't matter. I wasn't a Marine after all.

Well, after they denied me, we had 4 months until the next PT test. That next PT test, I scored the highest in the command. Maxed out on Pushups, sit ups and the run. 6 months later, I broke the command record for pushups. 6 months after that, I broke my own record in the pushups and the command record in the sit ups. (Missed the command record on the run by 3 seconds) 

During this whole time, students and other staff members had started working with me in their free time, to improve fitness. On my personal program, I had a 75% improvement for clients. Meaning 3 out 4 people would either do well enough on the test (or reduce their BMI enough) to get off FEP, the commands program. Just under 40%. 

I presented all this to the command when I left, after only doing 1 push up, 1 sit up and walking my run for my final PT test. I told them their policy was shit and their command fitness program was shit. And they had a chance to have someone who was motivated and hungry to help others improve their command physical standard but instead they have the Crossfit douche getting people injured and failing. (My checkout with the command didn't really go well but I was getting out of the Navy so they really couldn't do anything about it) 

52 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

ah... actually a funny story behind that. 

When I was in the military, I was a smoker. But when I got into exercise and fitness, I got my certifications and everything, I was eager to help others lose weight and get in shape so I requested to become the command's physical fitness coordinator. Which meant I would run the PT tests, I would organize PT for people on the Fitness Enhancement Program (FEP) aka... "fat bodies", etc. 

Well, the command told me I couldn't do it because I was a smoker and it pissed me off. Up to this point, I wouldn't push myself on the PT tests, I would do enough to be in the 90 percentile of all my areas for my age but not try to max out because in all, it really didn't matter. I wasn't a Marine after all.

Well, after they denied me, we had 4 months until the next PT test. That next PT test, I scored the highest in the command. Maxed out on Pushups, sit ups and the run. 6 months later, I broke the command record for pushups. 6 months after that, I broke my own record in the pushups and the command record in the sit ups. (Missed the command record on the run by 3 seconds) 

During this whole time, students and other staff members had started working with me in their free time, to improve fitness. On my personal program, I had a 75% improvement for clients. Meaning 3 out 4 people would either do well enough on the test (or reduce their BMI enough) to get off FEP, the commands program. Just under 40%. 

I presented all this to the command when I left, after only doing 1 push up, 1 sit up and walking my run for my final PT test. I told them their policy was shit and their command fitness program was shit. And they had a chance to have someone who was motivated and hungry to help others improve their command physical standard but instead they have the Crossfit douche getting people injured and failing. (My checkout with the command didn't really go well but I was getting out of the Navy so they really couldn't do anything about it) 

Love it!

3 minutes ago, Baller said:

6’1 210. Just lost 10 pounds. 

A Baller sighting!

Just now, GAMECOCK_FAN said:

A Baller sighting!

He must’ve been working on those ten pounds for 9 years!

1 minute ago, cocky4ever said:

I thought that he must have just taken a massive dump.

5 minutes ago, GAMECOCK_FAN said:

A Baller sighting!

It's my yearly post! That's about my average lately.

5 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

About 4 years. Two kids will do it to you.

10 minutes ago, Baller said:

6’1 210. Just lost 10 pounds. 

Massive dump?

6 minutes ago, Baller said:

About 4 years. Two kids will do it to you.

I never gained weight but having kids definitely made the schedule for working out really tight. Somehow I managed to make it happen though.

4.9 miles..... fuck it

Edited by possumslayer

On 6/6/2018 at 10:46 AM, hog_heaven said:

FIFY.. :trollface:

That implies that they were ever great. 

On 6/15/2018 at 7:13 PM, Mizzou_Fan said:

That implies that they were ever great. 

He's had top notch UGA and SC zingers on here. 

And the back and forth with the Tucky fans during round-ball season... 

But I can understand your distaste. LOL 

Edited by hog_heaven

Doing my first week of physical therapy today. 

Googled my OTL... couldn't find anything... probably some hairy Tranny that identifies as a girl named Megan. 

1 hour ago, hog_heaven said:

He's had top notch UGA and SC zingers on here. 

And the back and forth with the Tucky fans during round-ball season... 

But I can understand your distaste. LOL 

I'm actually a fan of joe. 

Only 4.5 miles this morning.... try 6 tomorrow.

7.1 miles!

Went by a hot forty something that was jogging a couple times 😁

D4C6DECC-F2E0-428E-8A26-C62627D8E652.jpeg

My legs are developing nicely....

AF5FA304-F477-4C80-A623-E9DD5FC84EBD.jpeg