JohnRambo

SECTalk.com Weigh In

3,504 posts in this topic

But honestly, I hate running so  I just jump rope every once in a long while. That’s good cardio.

17 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

But honestly, I hate running so  I just jump rope every once in a long while. That’s good cardio.

That’s gay

Fuck it..... going to try running a mile.

hopefully be up to 3 miles by the middle of June.

Ran a mile and a tenth, walked 2 tenths for a cool down, could have ran another 1/2 easily.

now time for pull day.

Edited by possumslayer

1.5 miles 💥

12 hours ago, possumslayer said:

1.5 miles 💥

I'm jealous. Seems to come natural to you. I run pretty regular, but I have a slow pace and it's a knife-fight every damn time I try to up my mileage. Stuck at 3.5 three days a week and I guess I'm just gonna stick there for the summer.

58 minutes ago, dawgbit said:

I'm jealous. Seems to come natural to you. I run pretty regular, but I have a slow pace and it's a knife-fight every damn time I try to up my mileage. Stuck at 3.5 three days a week and I guess I'm just gonna stick there for the summer.

When I was in the army, long ago 😁, I was the fastest at three miles in my company.... I quit running when I was 36 and glad I’m starting back. I’ve been running in my neighborhood and I’m just realizing how hilly our road is.

@dawgbit are you running before it gets to hot out? I head out around 4:30 am.

17 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

When I was in the army, long ago 😁, I was the fastest at three miles in my company.... I quit running when I was 36 and glad I’m starting back. I’ve been running in my neighborhood and I’m just realizing how hilly our road is.

Was that because they were chasing your ass?????

40 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

@dawgbit are you running before it gets to hot out? I head out around 4:30 am.

I'm actually going out around 8-8:30pm in the evenings.

4:30 is my workout and I'm at work by 6am. I run too slow to get anything done early.

45 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

Dbl bpost

Edited by dawgbit

9 minutes ago, dawgbit said:

I run too slow to get anything done early.

You must have been a receiver at MSU :trollface:

54 minutes ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

You must have been a receiver at MSU :trollface:

LOL...you know we didn't pass back then...

Naw...3rd, maybe 4th string hybrid d-back/OLB back when coach Jenkins would let us be rovers...

Believe it or not, I was a demon back in the day. Solid 4.4 and 10.5 burner. Ruptured Achilles ended alla' that...to Rockey's credit, he kept me on scholly for the entire year so I got full athletic dept rehab.

Just not something you came back from back then. Not somebody my size anyway.

12 minutes ago, dawgbit said:

Naw...3rd, maybe 4th string hybrid d-back/OLB back when coach Jenkins would let us be rovers...

Believe it or not, I was a demon back in the day. Solid 4.4 and 10.5 burner. Ruptured Achilles ended alla' that...to Rockey's credit, he kept me on scholly for the entire year so I got full athletic dept rehab.

Damn, you a Felker recruit? You damn near old as me...

Well, you probably remember me whoopin' that ass 30-20 back then. :trollface:

Not quite as old as you are. Turned 49 last week. You just better hope I don't start catching up...

Yup, I was one a' Rockey's boys.

Dawg Owens talked to me at MGCCC camp after my senior year and offered me a "recruited" walk-on spot. Earned a ride after frosh year and got hurt the next season in practice.

Only 4 year offers I got was from him and Troy State.

He told me later he really didn't want me, but I had told him I might get outrun, out-muscled, and outplayed, but if he gave me a chance, ain't no way anybody is ever gonna out work me. That convinced him.

Great old guy. Was a pallbearer at his funeral.

Edited by dawgbit

9 hours ago, dawgbit said:

I’ve injured myself lots of times but thank god ive never ruptured an Achilles, I cannot imagine what that would feel like.

Pull day 

5 hours ago, possumslayer said:

I’ve injured myself lots of times but thank god ive never ruptured an Achilles, I cannot imagine what that would feel like.

Weird. Pain was sharp and burned but not just horrible. Just had zero control when pitting weight down.

Rehab was waaaay worse. Had two friends who've gone through it much later in life, and the recovery is night and day compared to when it happened to me.

I ate a pint of cookies n cream ice cream and a bag of pizza rolls during the race.... I may punish meself by running two miles in the morning.

6 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

I ate a pint of cookies n cream ice cream and a bag of pizza rolls during the race.... I may punish meself by running two miles in the morning.

Just a reminder,never trust a fart 

Only 1.5 miles 😢

gotta find some level ground to run.

Edited by possumslayer

1.9 miles before 4:30 even got here.... gotta get some level running ground.... schools are out maybe one of the high schools has a track that isn’t locked up, be better on the joints to..... now it’s time to work out 😁

City high school has one, I live in the county and don’t pay city taxes..... wonder if they’ll run me off?

CBCFF06D-9E39-4CB6-B27B-B2BBA49C44A0.png

1 hour ago, possumslayer said:

City high school has one, I live in the county and don’t pay city taxes..... wonder if they’ll run me off?

CBCFF06D-9E39-4CB6-B27B-B2BBA49C44A0.png

If they do then just consider it more cardio!