• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Todd4Tide

Fairley's draft stock dropping?

35 posts in this topic

Sounds like he has a case of the Andre Smiths.

No, not man tits.

Sure he is a lock in the first round of the NFL draft, but dang missing these few meetings could cost Fairley mega bucks. What is he thinking?

Hope that dirty motha' doesn't end up seeing a dime..... though that will never happen

and I thought Andre Smith was a dumbass?

There is always one dumber. Live long enough and you will see it more and more.

Another well investigated story...

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefte...580411818840064

Nick Fairley's agent, Brian Overstreet, said his client has not been late to, or missed, any meetings with NFL teams. about 1 hour ago

That's an awfully brave stance for his agent (whose own salary is determined by Fairley's draft position) to take; but if it's true that Fairley is falling on most mock drafts, there must be a reason.

I haven't followed Fairley close enough to know if he's missed any meetings or not; but since all they're doing right now is having meetings, I can't figure out another reason why he would be dropping across the board.

every Auburn poster's job has become to refute LMAO

I long for the days when the only time there was a need for Auburn fans to defend themselves in a thread was if Ben Tate said he was better than Mark Ingram.

Kinda reminds me of what I told my ex after I caught her cheating and showed her the child support bill..."That cost you $10,000 a minute. Hope it was worth it!"

every Auburn poster's job has become to refute LMAO

Well, that's every fan's job; but sometimes I think it's a good idea to consider the ulterior motives of the folks one is using to refute an allegation. In other words, try and find an unbiased, objective opinion to refute something like this... not the opinion of somebody who stands to lose millions of dollars himself if the player he represents falls far enough in the draft.

Overstreet is the player's advocate for crying out loud; of course he's going to deny the story, that's his job... he should get fired if he doesn't refute it.

I long for the days when the only time there was a need for Auburn fans to defend themselves in a thread was if Ben Tate said he was better than Mark Ingram.

Who's Ben Tate?

... just kidding.:lick:

Fairley's stock may be dropping, but he will still be a top 10 pick I'm sure.

and I thought Andre Smith was a dumbass?

He was and he is.

Fairley's stock may be dropping, but he will still be a top 10 pick I'm sure.

Agreed. In fact, I don't even necessarily agree that his stock should drop in the first place... not for missing meetings. Yes, it's disrespectful, especially to miss or be late to one with a coach and GM; but that doesn't really seem like a big deal when compared to the potential a team would get by taking him.

I doubt any character issues are going to keep most teams from taking a shot on him. Ultimately, everybody's job depends on wins and losses; so the chance to get a potential game-changer will override most character concerns. Besides, anybody paying any attention to the NFL for the last several years knows character and morality are increasingly less common player attributes. I'm not even sure you want a "nice" defensive tackle or nose-guard to begin with.

He's just dropping to where he really should be drafted at anyway.

Look at players like T.O. He may be a great player, or he HAS been very great, but he is a problem for any team he goes to. A torublemaker seems to be a possibly good risk at first, but soon you will know why you should have left him alone. I am thinking of PacMan Jones, too. They think their talent will get them anywhere they want to go, but they find out that teams get tired of all the controversy that comes with them. I always wonder why they can't be happy to do their job, make tons of money, keep their mouth shut, play the game, and go home happy at the end of the day. I guess money isn't everything, huh? They'd rather do entirely as they please and believe they will be tolerated in spite of everything else.

Look at players like T.O. He may be a great player, or he HAS been very great, but he is a problem for any team he goes to. A torublemaker seems to be a possibly good risk at first, but soon you will know why you should have left him alone. I am thinking of PacMan Jones, too. They think their talent will get them anywhere they want to go, but they find out that teams get tired of all the controversy that comes with them. I always wonder why they can't be happy to do their job, make tons of money, keep their mouth shut, play the game, and go home happy at the end of the day. I guess money isn't everything, huh? They'd rather do entirely as they please and believe they will be tolerated in spite of everything else.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Pro Sports and Pro Athletes. jerkit-1.gif

Ary1j-1.jpg

look at his torso only, then tell me you dont see the resemblance.

yipyip1-1.jpg

He is.

Also.. Fairley's stock is dropping because he didn't weigh 300 pounds and wasn't as tall as everyone thought.. while Dareus stock is rising because of those factors.. nevermind the fact that Dareus couldn't fight off a double team to save his life and Fairley was killing the very same players.

Disclaimer: I don't care if you think I'm wrong, I'm not going to respond to this, and I have likely already forgotten I made a post in this thread. Toodles.