• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ForwardRebels

Nathan Stanley officially leaves Ole Miss

81 posts in this topic

as reported per the Daily Mississippian.

Nathan Stanley leaves Ole Miss football program | The Daily Mississippian

"Quarterback Nathan Stanley has left the Ole Miss football program, according to a University Spokesman.

“After meeting tonight, Nathan has decided to leave the program,” Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt said through the spokesman. “We wish him the best and are going to help him find a new school. I appreciate all he has done for Ole Miss and the type of student-athlete he has been.”

Stanley, a junior, was competing with three other quarterbacks including junior Randall Mackey, junior college transfer Zack Stoudt and West Virginia transfer Barry Brunetti for the Rebels’ starting quarterback job. Stanley started the spring as the Rebels’ top quarterback, but saw his reps diminish as of late in favor of the other competing signal callers.

Stanley won the Ole Miss quarterback job last spring, but lost the job to Jeremiah Masoli once he arrived from Oregon. In three years with the Rebels, including a red shirt season, Stanley threw for 424 yards and four touchdowns. The Rebels conclude spring drills on Saturday with the Grove Bowl. A starting quarterback hasn't been named.

Guess he decided to get out before he could be hepped so much he turned into Jevan Snead.

Don't blame him after Nutt screwed him last year with the Masoli debacle.

Is Nutt heppin' him find a new school?

He's probably too busy heppin someone fill his spot.

I was surprised he didn't leave after fall semester.

from Nafoom.

"And now we're expected to get fired up over a 5'8" JUCO stuttering quarterback....some folks never learn"

Stanley really did get a raw deal. If I were him, I would have left too.

We had a QB transfer every year while Nutt was here.

How may QB's have just up and left the Rebels in the past couple of years? First Cotton left, now Stanley. Are there any others? What the hell are you doing Nutt?

We didnt' name him the QB Killa for nothin, Chalk. They're relying on a 5'8" guy that has never started an SEC game, who also has a speech impediment, to lead them to the promised land.

At least Mackey and Danny Nutt can probably converse with one another without any problems.

Don't blame him after Nutt screwed him last year with the Masoli debacle.

Yeah and I'm surprised it took him this long especially after busting his ass last year to win the starting job only to lose it to Masoli for simply showing up. He should have left last year. Bad situation.

I never like to just pencil in a "W", but is there going to be anybody to play QB when we visit Oxford this Fall? Or will y'all be running the wishbone?

I never like to just pencil in a "W", but is there going to be anybody to play QB when we visit Oxford this Fall? Or will y'all be running the wishbone?

They will just run the "Wild Rebel" all game!

No disrespect, but I don't think Georgia can pencil in guaranteed W's just yet.

What I would give to have last year's schedule this year.

We didnt' name him the QB Killa for nothin, Chalk. They're relying on a 5'8" guy that has never started an SEC game, who also has a speech impediment, to lead them to the promised land.

At least Mackey and Danny Nutt can probably converse with one another without any problems.

6' even. Also Stanley showed to be completely incompetent this spring and was passed over for people who were playing much better. That's how competition works, and Stanley has never been able to handle pressure.

So you're relying on st-st-st-st-stutterin Steve to take command in the huddle under pressure?

Didn't Stanley win the starting job last season, before he was railroaded by the QB Killa in favor of masoli?

Nice try, but I believe his stats would say that he's understood just fine.

Nice try, but I believe his stats would say that he's understood just fine.

It wasn't a try, Ryan Mallett actually does have a speech impediment, no joke.

Also, if you in fact believe that having a speech impediment means absolutely nothing to how good a QB is or will be (citing Ryan Malletts stats) why would you bring that up?

You're really grasping at straws here. Straws that don't exist, btw.

You're really grasping at straws here. Straws that don't exist, btw.

Nope.

Just pointing out that pointing out useless information is, in fact, pointless. Don't go trying to diss some QB you have never seen play because he has a speech impediment when your most recent QB had a speech impediment and as you say " I believe his stats would say that he's understood just fine".

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4
      RammaJamma