MCD

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

2,576 posts in this topic

Totally agree - watched it last night and it truly was bad....reaaaallly bad.

It would be an insult to call it a movie.

The woman is dragging me to Lincoln Lawyer tomorrow night.

its not bad. has good music. even heard a Guru song in there.

Just watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. It was better than I expected it to be but a little slow moving for my tastes. Interesting story and was casted extremely well IMO. I give it a solid 7 if you like narrated framework story type movies. It's definitely not one that can be watched more than once....at least not by me.

I saw Paul on Saturday. Very very disappointing. 5/10 and that's probably being kind.

I was very excited about going to see it because I loved Simon Pegg and Nick Frost from Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Paul was all about smoking pot, anti-religion, seeing an alien's butt, and cussing. There was nothing really witty about it. I thought it would of been funny 15 years ago when I was 16, but not now.

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz was 10 times more cleaver than Paul. In fact I had to watch both those movies after I saw Paul to convince me Pegg and Frost are funny.

Pearl Harbor - 0/10

I've never been interested in seeing this and now I know why. What a total s--tfest. Everything about this movie sucked. The acting, directing, story, everything. It was all horrible.

I once watched a Japanese propaganda film made during the war about Pearl Harbor and even that was more historically accurate than this crap.

Pearl Harbor - 0/10

I've never been interested in seeing this and now I know why. What a total s--tfest. Everything about this movie sucked. The acting, directing, story, everything. It was all horrible.

I once watched a Japanese propaganda film made during the war about Pearl Harbor and even that was more historically accurate than this crap.

I'm with you on that...even the special effects were awful and that, given all the other points you mentioned that made the movie suck, was the only thing this POS movie had that could have made it worth watching. Horrible movie for sure...but I give it a solid 5 because Kate Beckinsale was in it.

I'm with you on that...even the special effects were awful and that, given all the other points you mentioned that made the movie suck, was the only thing this POS movie had that could have made it worth watching. Horrible movie for sure...but I give it a solid 5 because Kate Beckinsale was in it.

I don't know if I'd say the special effect were awful... I thought that was about the only good thing in the movie. What's bad is that if it had JUST been a movie about the attack on Pearl Harbor, leaving out that ridiculous soap opera love triangle drama, it could have been a decent movie.

I don't know if I'd say the special effect were awful... I thought that was about the only good thing in the movie. What's bad is that if it had JUST been a movie about the attack on Pearl Harbor, leaving out that ridiculous soap opera love triangle drama, it could have been a decent movie.

i didnt like that at the beginning of the movie, everyone was out and about and kids were playing baseball and such and they all stopped to watch the japanese planes fly overhead to start the attack. the attack started before 8am. i knew it was gonna suck in that first scene.

i didnt like that at the beginning of the movie, everyone was out and about and kids were playing baseball and such and they all stopped to watch the japanese planes fly overhead to start the attack. the attack started before 8am. i knew it was gonna suck in that first scene.

[sarcasm]

Yeah.... but being historically accurate would have ruined Michael Bay's ability to put that super-cool juxtaposition of Americana into the attack sequence. I mean c'mon... what's more American than baseball and women doing laundry, right?

[/sarcasm]

i wonder why there wasnt an apple pie cooling on the window sill.

Jackass 3D-Really funny. 7/10

Due Date-Almost as funny as the hangover, not as good though. 7.5/10

The Fighter-Really good. 8/10

The Doolittle Raid scenes were also hilariously bad. I couldn't help but laugh while watching that. I don't think they got 1 thing right. At least make it look like you're trying...

The last six or seven (lost count) movies I've seen is Beauty And the Beast. The storyline is interesting, especially watching the inner conflict with the Beast on how to find a way to curb is rage and get Bell to love him and thus break the spell on him and his castle. The Beast's house servants, who likewise have been cursed, provide welcomed comedic relief at all the right times. Music scores, while too numerous for my taste, are generally well choreographed, especially the dinner score.

I do recommend, unless you are a pre-school aged girl, to not watching the movie more than 4 times though in that it will make you sincerely wish for a freshly sharpened #2 pencil to jab in your eye socket. However, if you are the dad of a pre-school aged girl, you have no choice but to watch it so all I can say is grin and bear it because actually taking the #2 pencil to your eye will not only hurt like a MF and leave you blind, it will also severely traumatise your little princess.

I posted this on Friday. Just came in from baseball practice in time to see my little girl dancing around the living room because yet again the Beast turned into a good guy.

ong bak 3....1/10...i give it this because for a martial arts movie the first two were absolutely amazing but the third one was terrible....

toy story 9/10 for the simple fact it might possibly be one of the best animated series of all time...haha

Littles Giants - never saw it as a kid and I didn't really miss much. Just a crappy version of Bad News Bears. I did like the giant kid named Spike though - he referred to himself in third-person. 2/10

Pearl Harbor - 0/10

You get suckered into finally giving that a shot this weekend on AMC too? I heard nothing but bad things about it and assumed they were all accurate considering Affleck was supposed to carry the movie. Lo and behold, we got one gigantically enormous crapfest.

You get suckered into finally giving that a shot this weekend on AMC too? I heard nothing but bad things about it and assumed they were all accurate considering Affleck was supposed to carry the movie. Lo and behold, we got one gigantically enormous crapfest.

Haha yeah. I saw it on AMC and figured why not.

Ben Affleck couldn't carry a deodorant commercial.

Yeah the special effect were good, so long as you can overlook some errors such as the ships on battleship row being in the wrong places or green painted zeros (IJN did not paint them green until 1943) strafing American ships that would not be build for another 40 years.

Not to mention the fact that during the "dog fight" scene over Pearl Harbor when the two heroes take their P-40's up they somehow cannot out run the Zero but they can out maneuver them. This is backwards. The P-40 was fast then the Zero, in fact a lot faster. But it was nowhere nearly as maneuverable. No P-40 pilot would have engaged a Zero in a turning dog fight. Rather they would try to get altitude on the Zero and then make a head on diving attack.

Yeah the special effect were good, so long as you can overlook some errors such as the ships on battleship row being in the wrong places or green painted zeros (IJN did not paint them green until 1943) strafing American ships that would not be build for another 40 years.

Not to mention the fact that during the "dog fight" scene over Pearl Harbor when the two heroes take their P-40's up they somehow cannot out run the Zero but they can out maneuver them. This is backwards. The P-40 was fast then the Zero, in fact a lot faster. But it was nowhere nearly as maneuverable. No P-40 pilot would have engaged a Zero in a turning dog fight. Rather they would try to get altitude on the Zero and then make a head on diving attack.

Right. Like I said, if they had dropped the sappy drama and gotten their facts right, could have been a good movie. And maybe if they hadn't cast Ben Affleck.

Crossroads - 10/10

i hope that was the Crossroads with Ralph Macchio. i just watched that again sunday and loved it. wife hated it. but its a great film.

amazingly, the wife liked Final Shot: The Hank Gathers Story better.

Littles Giants - never saw it as a kid and I didn't really miss much. Just a crappy version of Bad News Bears. I did like the giant kid named Spike though - he referred to himself in third-person. 2/10

I will hit you